Offseason predictions

jnday

Reaction score
Show me a back track I have had smart ***...here is an idea, don't open my threads or read my posts...save us both time.

But here it is...we follow my plan and stay healthy we WIN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT YEAR.

And when we do it with Garrett you and the rest of your ilk finally shut the **** up and go away.

If they follow it and don't win the Super Bowl, will you and the rest go away and be a blind cheerleader elsewhere?

blindzebra

Reaction score
Because some posters see beyond the record and think the team is moving in the right direction seems to bug the crap out of the self titled realists.

And if you don't like the positive spin don't open the thread.

Because if you can't see how off putting it is to start or open a thread only to see the same posters throwing out the same crap every time...homers, blind, koolaid drinkers, apologists etc... then you are completely clueless. It is beyond getting old, it is draining and makes many of us not even bothering posting. For us it appears that you guys are miserable and are just going around trying to make anyone with a brighter outlook as miserable as you are.

I have been a fan since I was 6. I have seen every SB since our first win. I have lived through the drought from 1977 through 1992 and the current one as well. The team will always be my team but I don't live or die with the outcome of a game and I will be damned if I am going to have my opinion on things walked on because it is too positive for you.

Good posters, very knowledgeable posters have left and it is because of all the negative crap. And it is not fact, it is opinion. All things require context. Nothing is black or white.Sometimes you are not what your record says you are. Stats can always be manipulated to fit an argument. It is all opinion.

You don't like mine, don't read it...simple as that.

jnday

Reaction score
Would you agree that the results over the last sixteen to seventeen years has had an effect on what is posted on this site?

Would you accept the idea that there are fans who lived through some, if not all Super Bowls with this team and believe it should be close to the top instead of middle?

The great exodus here was not created by fans exhibiting their displeasure with the results. It was due strictly to a group that gets angry when someone introduces anything but the company line underwritten by those that wish to dream.

No one person, nor people have effected this board in a negative manner other than those who left because they cannot stand for others to have an opposing opinion on this team.

I couldn't care less what your opinion is. I may be interested and engage you in debate. But I am not so thin skinned that your words and position threaten me.

There is a huge difference in being a big boy and a big baby. There is a great deal of fussing over a difference of opinion.

If nothing else, the record of this team should indicate some of the displeasure with the results and projected results may be actually true.

The only thing that steams my beans is when someone who doesn't know me labels me a hater.

I cannot speak for others, but I have put in over a half century being a fan of this team. I would think that is enough for others to see past my disappointment in the way this franchise is run, and realize I am a die hard fan.

If people post here, they are fans of this team unless they state different. The mere act of taking the time to post suggests this is someone who takes this team more seriously than the casual fan.

One would assume you and others who post like the one I quoted by you would appreciate that fact.

This is one if the best post that I have read on this site in months. Good job.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is one if the best post that I have read on this site in months. Good job.

It was a good post, though I can't say I agree with his take much at all.

TwoDeep's not afraid to put his opinion out there, though. You gotta respect that, even if you can't really recognize where he's coming from.

khiladi

Reaction score
Show me a back track I have had smart ***...here is an idea, don't open my threads or read my posts...save us both time.

But here it is...we follow my plan and stay healthy we WIN THE SUPER BOWL NEXT YEAR.

And when we do it with Garrett you and the rest of your ilk finally shut the **** up and go away.

In other words, if the stars align, and eveything goes right with my team we will wit the SB... What if we draft a new DL and healthy and our DL ends up sucking still?

Coy

Reaction score
Sunday's game has no baring on any changes going forward.

Garrett stays.

Kiffin retires and Marinelli becomes DC. Lett gets promoted to DL coach.

Callahan remains but focus is OL and Garrett takes back play calling...he has been doing it since the Giants game anyway.

As far as the big names player cuts...Ware agrees to a pay cut to retire a Cowboy, he does not strike me as the type that is all about the money. Austin however is gone. The growth of Williams, Harris and Beasley make keeping him and his hammies a no brainer.

Speaking of hamstrings...we hire a nutritionist and a yoga instructor to develop a plan to improve player stretching and soft tissue health.

We let Hatcher walk. Yes he had a big year, but he has vanished down the stretch and his mouth rubs me the wrong way. We let Spencer see what is out there but because of his knee, big money offers are not there so we sign him to an incentive based 2 year deal.

The draft will be defensive line heavy. 1st round will be BPA at DT or DE. 2nd round BPA at DE or DT and with Romo's back issue QB. The rest of the draft will be DL, LB, QB and possibly guard. Heath has come on and Wilcox has potential but is green. Plus we still have Johnson so safety is not the issue some make it out to be. Fix the pressure and the back end will be fine.

Some won't like it I am sure, but I really feel that this team is just some good health and some fresh blood on the DL away from being a Super Bowl contender.

I like it, the only thing I would change is that we do all this without Garrett and with Gruden as a HC, we do that we are SB contenders, we don't we should expect another mediocre 8-8 season under the worst HC in the league.

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
Because some posters see beyond the record and think the team is moving in the right direction seems to bug the crap out of the self titled realists.

Because if you can't see how off putting it is to start or open a thread only to see the same posters throwing out the same crap every time...homers, blind, koolaid drinkers, apologists etc... then you are completely clueless. It is beyond getting old, it is draining and makes many of us not even bothering posting. For us it appears that you guys are miserable and are just going around trying to make anyone with a brighter outlook as miserable as you are.

I have been a fan since I was 6. I have seen every SB since our first win. I have lived through the drought from 1977 through 1992 and the current one as well. The team will always be my team but I don't live or die with the outcome of a game and I will be damned if I am going to have my opinion on things walked on because it is too positive for you.

Good posters, very knowledgeable posters have left and it is because of all the negative crap. And it is not fact, it is opinion. All things require context. Nothing is black or white.Sometimes you are not what your record says you are. Stats can always be manipulated to fit an argument. It is all opinion.

This is a great post, this forum use to be very entertaining, enlightening and informative. Now it is just depressing to read the same posters post their negative nonsense over and over. Then they put their couch GM hats on and talk about drafting Johnny Football and I realize that they really don't know what they are talking about, know nothing about football, and just like to put on a show. What is the point in being a fan if you can't be optimistic about your team.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Brill Garrett, is that you?

TimHortons

TheXFactor
Reaction score
Frustrated by the team's inability to field a champion, Jones renounces all his worldly possessions and becomes a Buddhist Monk in Tibet. He gives the team to Cowboyszone mod, Reality, who does not have to fire Jason Garrett. Garrett has already announced he's leaving to host a new reality TV show named "Ice My Kicker." Stephen Jones refuses any of his father's possessions. Instead, he becomes a flaming communist and hosts a Youtube channel named "Evil Cappy Pigs, We Will Bury You!"

Reality hires Bill Parcells as his GM and Danny White as his new head coach. He stays out of all football decisions, preferring instead to handle only business matters, sign the checks, and hire sexy young aspiring actresses to smash their boobies in his face.

Parcells and White spend their entire first draft on D-linemen and linebackers. White creates a new kind of defense named the "Cram'N'Slam." The Cowboys make it to the NFC Championship to face the 49ers. The day before the game, the ghosts of Tom Landry and Bill Walsh crash the NFL Today. Under cross examination from Landry, Walsh's ghost admits that the 49ers only won the 1981 NFC Championship thanks to a ref's screwup, that is, the incorrect ruling that Danny White's forward pass was a fumble. The Cowboys win the game 84 to 3 and then go on to beat the Browns in the Super Bowl 2 to 0 via a game-winning safety in quadruple overtime.

This is amazing. Love the bolded part

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

What a sensitive post. People that quit posting because others don't agree with their opinions is weak. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions. Whether you like it or not.

We're moving in the right direction? When does this finally show up in the win loss column? To me, the window is only getting smaller and smaller. Romo is only getting older and these injuries are taking a toll.

We are not one or two players away. We've been trying to add the right piece to put us over the top the past 3 seasons. It hasn't worked.

Positivity is fine and dandy, but not everything about the Dallas cowboys is lollipops and sugarplums right now.

I can suffer through a couple down seasons if it means long term success.

We need to rebuild the defense, draft a qb, get a whole new coaching staff that is innovative and can get dez the ball. Then we will be heading in the right direction.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
This is a great post, this forum use to be very entertaining, enlightening and informative. Now it is just depressing to read the same posters post their negative nonsense over and over. Then they put their couch GM hats on and talk about drafting Johnny Football and I realize that they really don't know what they are talking about, know nothing about football, and just like to put on a show. What is the point in being a fan if you can't be optimistic about your team.

The negativity on this board is a direct result of the performance of the Dallas Cowboys. Did you watch the saints or bears games? Nobody but a blind homer was optimistic after those performances. We just don't have the talent. Have you seen our defense? It's just not realistic to think we are contenders. This year or next. Major changes are needed and it's going to take time to fix. I can suffer through a rebuild if it means long term success.

blindzebra

Reaction score
What a sensitive post. People that quit posting because others don't agree with their opinions is weak. Everyone has a right to voice their opinions. Whether you like it or not.

We're moving in the right direction? When does this finally show up in the win loss column? To me, the window is only getting smaller and smaller. Romo is only getting older and these injuries are taking a toll.

We are not one or two players away. We've been trying to add the right piece to put us over the top the past 3 seasons. It hasn't worked.

Positivity is fine and dandy, but not everything about the Dallas cowboys is lollipops and sugarplums right now.

We need to rebuild the defense, draft a qb, get a whole new coaching staff that is innovative and can get dez the ball. Then we will be heading in the right direction.

It is posts like this that I am talking about.

No insight, no comprehension.

You immediately jump to an insult...too sensitive...cheerleader...etc. Then repeat the same blow it up, it is all bad nonsense.

What I am saying is not one response to one post. It is the same posters responding to every positive post, in every thread, repeating the exact same thing, over and over and over.

Thinking maybe we should just reply to every one of the realist's posts saying how dumb their post is and that they are just a Debbie Downer and Chicken Little and see what you all think after a few thousand of such posts.

dantheman41

Reaction score
What I would do is:

Cut Ware and miles.
Get Carr to agree to take pay cut.
Resign Hayden, Moore and Waters.
Sign Tyron, Dez and Bailey to extensions.

Focus draft BPA at d and o line, qb and linebacker. No developmental guys or injury prone guys. Guys that can play NOW

Moderately_Askew

Heelsboy
Reaction score
The negativity on this board is a direct result of the performance of the Dallas Cowboys. Did you watch the saints or bears games? Nobody but a blind homer was optimistic after those performances. We just don't have the talent. Have you seen our defense? It's just not realistic to think we are contenders. This year or next. Major changes are needed and it's going to take time to fix. I can suffer through a rebuild if it means long term success.

There is a difference between constructive criticism and the overwhelming negativity that is brought into every thread and post regardless of the topic. The negativity is stifling this site and makes reading it depressing. I am not a blind homer and believe things need to change, but I will not knock people for being optimistic and derail threads to the point where the negativity is like an echo chamber.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
thanx 2Deep
you said it better than i could have but your thoughts echo my feelings very closely

i have lived through the SB years and want this franchise to be the best out there and there is no reason it cannot be
when i see obvious things that are done incorrectly i voice my opinion and when i see posters ignoring the obvious and predicting that the team will be a SB contender, i responded

when garrett took over, if i had said that we would be 8-8 next 3 seasons and miss the playoffs each year, these same people would have told me that i was too negative.... but would i have been wrong (if we lose next week)?

someone once aptly said "hope is not a strategy", neither is ignoring the obvious

my apologies to BZ but the reality is that facts are not negative or positive, they are facts

Trying to bully someone over wins NEXT YEAR, in a future where facts haven't happened so there are no facts is BUSH LEAGUE and just being a pissy poster.

Which you are.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Just do whatever it takes to get to 8-8 again. Not too little, not too much.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
It is posts like this that I am talking about.

No insight, no comprehension.

You immediately jump to an insult...too sensitive...cheerleader...etc. Then repeat the same blow it up, it is all bad nonsense.

What I am saying is not one response to one post. It is the same posters responding to every positive post, in every thread, repeating the exact same thing, over and over and over.

Thinking maybe we should just reply to every one of the realist's posts saying how dumb their post is and that they are just a Debbie Downer and Chicken Little and see what you all think after a few thousand of such posts.

That's ironic coming from you, the guy who told me I was "full of crap" when I posted that Garrett tried to call a timeout too early against the Commanders before I posted video proof.

You were the one immediately jumping to insults.

I think Garrett's mediocrity has you a little too wired. Maybe you need a break from this board.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
If they follow it and don't win the Super Bowl, will you and the rest go away and be a blind cheerleader elsewhere?

So you and the Misery-Gang can all cry on each other?

Sounds fun- you guys can "Cut through the crap" together. Every day.
All day.

Fun.

jnday

Reaction score

Very good post. This fantasy that the team is just missing one or two players has produced nothing but disappointment for more years than I care to remember. The first step in fixing a problem is to realize one exist.