Offseason predictions

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Very good post. This fantasy that the team is just missing one or two players has produced nothing but disappointment for more years than I care to remember. The first step in fixing a problem is to realize one exist.

Very true- problems exist. One or two fixes will not do the trick.

It doesn't mean attacking others is going to make anything right about it. It makes you an A...

blindzebra

Reaction score
That's ironic coming from you, the guy who told me I was "full of crap" when I posted that Garrett tried to call a timeout too early against the Commanders before I posted video proof.

You were the one immediately jumping to insults.

I think Garrett's mediocrity has you a little too wired. Maybe you need a break from this board.

And you were full of crap.

Just before the clip you showed Garrett was waving for the ref to come over and pointing to him. He then says, "Hey time out what was that, why did you reverse the call?" At which point the HL and then the referee both explain it to him. At that point they run the play clock and Romo requests the TO at 1 second.

You cherry picked one part of a minute long sequence and focused on 2 seconds out of context.

jnday

Reaction score
So you and the Misery-Gang can all cry on each other?

Sounds fun- you guys can "Cut through the crap" together. Every day.
All day.

Fun.

I am far from miserable. I would be miserable if I knew that 99% of my opinions on fixing the team was wrong. I would be miserable and blind if I supported stupidity. How does it feel when one time out of a hundred you and Jerry are right? Does it feel good to look at the lack of wins and think that you supported the dumb decisions? That would make me miserable.

visionary

Reaction score
Trying to bully someone over wins NEXT YEAR, in a future where facts haven't happened so there are no facts is BUSH LEAGUE and just being a pissy poster.

Which you are.

i would recommend refraining from posting until you are sober

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
There is a difference between constructive criticism and the overwhelming negativity that is brought into every thread and post regardless of the topic. The negativity is stifling this site and makes reading it depressing. I am not a blind homer and believe things need to change, but I will not knock people for being optimistic and derail threads to the point where the negativity is like an echo chamber.

Fair enough

blindzebra

Reaction score
I am far from miserable. I would be miserable if I knew that 99% of my opinions on fixing the team was wrong. I would be miserable and blind if I supported stupidity. How does it feel when one time out of a hundred you and Jerry are right? Does it feel good to look at the lack of wins and think that you supported the dumb decisions? That would make me miserable.

The poster child for my point.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

This is a great post, this forum use to be very entertaining, enlightening and informative. Now it is just depressing to read the same posters post their negative nonsense over and over. Then they put their couch GM hats on and talk about drafting Johnny Football and I realize that they really don't know what they are talking about, know nothing about football, and just like to put on a show. What is the point in being a fan if you can't be optimistic about your team.

Yup.

Jnday- How does it feel to ask me something you don't know I've ever done or not? You love to assume, don't you?
You do that to everybody? Very nice.
My posts are public so if you can find me blindly following Jerry and stupidity or anyone for that matter- I'm sure you can snuff it out and show it to the world an I can tell you how miserable I am that I'm doing it.

No- I'm sure you were talking out your behind. Again.
And again. And spewing piss and vinegar. Again.
And again... For us all to have the pleasure of reading.
Again. And again...

Another great post by Heels:

Heelsboy said:
There is a difference between constructive criticism and the overwhelming negativity that is brought into every thread and post regardless of the topic. The negativity is stifling this site and makes reading it depressing. I am not a blind homer and believe things need to change, but I will not knock people for being optimistic and derail threads to the point where the negativity is like an echo chamber.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
The poster child for my point.

The only point you have proven is that you hate it when ppl have different views than you do. You want ppl to be positive all the time. Life doesn't work that way buddy.

Ppl would be more positive if the team inspired optimism. But they don't. Plain and simple.

Everyone wants to see the team do well just like you do. But that doesn't mean they have to support every move the team makes.

For you to say this team is heading in the right direction is a sure sign tat you are a blind homer.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score

Just before the clip you showed Garrett was waving for the ref to come over and pointing to him. He then says, "Hey time out what was that, why did you reverse the call?" At which point the HL and then the referee both explain it to him. At that point they run the play clock and Romo requests the TO at 1 second.

You cherry picked one part of a minute long sequence and focused on 2 seconds out of context.

Just because you like to put a positive spin on everything doesn't make you any better than any other poster. If someone says something you don't agree with, you voice your opinion on the subject. So don't be so hypocritical when others do the same. It's not the fans fault that the team doesn't inspire optimism.

I like to read all posts good or bad so I can get a better understanding of alternative viewpoints. That's the point of a fan forum. If we all agreed on everything, it would be boring.

jnday

Reaction score
Yup.

Jnday- How does it feel to ask me something you don't know I've ever done or not? You love to assume, don't you?
You do that to everybody? Very nice.
My posts are public so if you can find me blindly following Jerry and stupidity or anyone for that matter- I'm sure you can snuff it out and show it to the world an I can tell you how miserable I am that I'm doing it.

No- I'm sure you were talking out your behind. Again.
And again. And spewing piss and vinegar. Again.
And again... For us all to have the pleasure of reading.
Again. And again...

Another great post by Heels:

Heelsboy said:

I like your post. Very impressive. It as nice of you to come to Angry Donkey's rescue.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Good posters, very knowledgeable posters have left and it is because of all the negative crap.

Its not just the ones that left, there are plenty that would log in to see a dozen threads saying Phil Costa caused all the world's ills up to and including cancer - and never bothered to start posting in the first place. I've posted on the DMN forums going back the 90's when the first one got shut down by the FBI because of a death threat.

The best advice (for all, not directed at you) was a guy named Mr Bill that used to post on DMN. He used to say "I'll write what I want to write, you read what you want to read". I get fans that have a pessimistic outlook but I don't get how so many people with a burning desire to crap on anything and everything all congregated on one web site.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Going to the OP, I think the decision on Garrett is made Sunday.

I think they resign Hatcher, Waters and Spencer, plus add a DT and good backup LB in FA. The DL will be greatly improved with fewer injuries and having guys like Crawford, Bass, Selvie and Hayden in backup roles. I think Ware stays on a restructured (down) contract.

In the draft they take a DL and OG in the first two rounds, plus depth at LB, CB and OT.

The main issue next year is improvement coming from the normal development seen in 2nd and 3rd year players with guys like TWill, Escobar, Harris, Leary, Fred, Parnell, Harris, Crawford, Bass, Wilber, Holloman, Wilcox, Heath, and Carter.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Sunday's game has no baring on any changes going forward.

Garrett stays.

Kiffin retires and Marinelli becomes DC. Lett gets promoted to DL coach.

Callahan remains but focus is OL and Garrett takes back play calling...he has been doing it since the Giants game anyway.

As far as the big names player cuts...Ware agrees to a pay cut to retire a Cowboy, he does not strike me as the type that is all about the money. Austin however is gone. The growth of Williams, Harris and Beasley make keeping him and his hammies a no brainer.

Speaking of hamstrings...we hire a nutritionist and a yoga instructor to develop a plan to improve player stretching and soft tissue health.

We let Hatcher walk. Yes he had a big year, but he has vanished down the stretch and his mouth rubs me the wrong way. We let Spencer see what is out there but because of his knee, big money offers are not there so we sign him to an incentive based 2 year deal.

The draft will be defensive line heavy. 1st round will be BPA at DT or DE. 2nd round BPA at DE or DT and with Romo's back issue QB. The rest of the draft will be DL, LB, QB and possibly guard. Heath has come on and Wilcox has potential but is green. Plus we still have Johnson so safety is not the issue some make it out to be. Fix the pressure and the back end will be fine.

Some won't like it I am sure, but I really feel that this team is just some good health and some fresh blood on the DL away from being a Super Bowl contender.

Great post.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score

Wrong again. That happened AFTER he tried to call timeout. He walked up, tried to call timeout, Romo stopped him..THEN he called the ref over and said something to him.

If you're hankering to get embarrassed again I can post the entire clip when I get home later.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Sunday's game has no baring on any changes going forward.

Garrett stays.

Kiffin retires and Marinelli becomes DC. Lett gets promoted to DL coach.

Callahan remains but focus is OL and Garrett takes back play calling...he has been doing it since the Giants game anyway.

As far as the big names player cuts...Ware agrees to a pay cut to retire a Cowboy, he does not strike me as the type that is all about the money. Austin however is gone. The growth of Williams, Harris and Beasley make keeping him and his hammies a no brainer.

Speaking of hamstrings...we hire a nutritionist and a yoga instructor to develop a plan to improve player stretching and soft tissue health.

We let Hatcher walk. Yes he had a big year, but he has vanished down the stretch and his mouth rubs me the wrong way. We let Spencer see what is out there but because of his knee, big money offers are not there so we sign him to an incentive based 2 year deal.

The draft will be defensive line heavy. 1st round will be BPA at DT or DE. 2nd round BPA at DE or DT and with Romo's back issue QB. The rest of the draft will be DL, LB, QB and possibly guard. Heath has come on and Wilcox has potential but is green. Plus we still have Johnson so safety is not the issue some make it out to be. Fix the pressure and the back end will be fine.

Some won't like it I am sure, but I really feel that this team is just some good health and some fresh blood on the DL away from being a Super Bowl contender.

is all this predictions of "what you think might happen" or what "you want to happen?"

ChooChoo73

Reaction score
lots of moves but none will include an above-minimum wage free agent acquisition. Not sure of the journey along the way but the season shall end in 8-8 again. More injuries than the average NFL team once again and another failing result of an over-reliance on our 3-4 highest paid players. Last and worst, I expect the agents for both Dez and Tyron Smith to be publicly pissed off while the two players state their focus on the season letting their agents handle business matters. One for the road: draft picks 3-5 will have us scrambling for youtube to figure out these players the JJ and co. decided to draft to the confusion and dismay of draftheads everywhere.