Oh Commish your double standard is showing again

blindzebra

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1741042 said:
Reid's sons commited crimes, Vick committed several crimes. A horrible comparison.

Does anyone here know for certain that Reid knew about illegal drugs was kept in his house? And if he did, did he condone it or did he tried to prevent his sons from keeping it in his house?

Does anyone know for certain what he tried to do to help his sons?

Who knows the full story?

That's the point.

When the Vick story broke the league looked into the case to see what Vick knew, they aren't doing a thing in this case.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
blindzebra;1741044 said:
Laughable...Vick was being questioned by the league about the activities going on at his house before he was connected directly.

The hypocrisy is Reid is not being questioned, is under no threat of investigation, under no possible punishment.

Vick may have been fined or suspended had the case ended with his cousin at his house.

So you know that Reid is not being questioned or scrutinized by the league in any manner?

Your insights are amazing. Please tell me more about your inside information here.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;1741046 said:
I was under the impression that UNREGISTERED meant you had to have a receipt with his credit card info and the guns serial number or something similar to prove they were his, otherwise it was illegal because they were in his possession, iow, at his house.

If his son kidnapped someone and kept them tied up on the couch, does that absolve Reid if he doesn't do anything about it? Pretty far fetched, but so is thinking coke lines on the mirror in Andy Reids livingroom would fly.

I don't know what Goodell will do if anything, but judging by the judge's comments, something needs to be done, not just sweep it under the rug like usual.

Tank's guns were purchased in another state and had been registered in that state. He failed to register them when he moved. Linking them to him is pretty obvious.

Next pseudo-argument?

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think the next question is what Doctor was prescribing Vicoden and opiates long term to a 14 year old?

This could be a bigger story ala the Albany HGH bust on a Florida internet scam. Were Eagles doctors prescribing?

Goodell might want to ask that question. What was Reids involvement here?

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
This is so over the top it is hard to fathom.

When you get in your 20's, you are an adult. There are losers all over this planet, and using your parents as an excuse is pretty sad. And I don't think the Reid kids are doing that. YOU ARE. Yikes, isn't it nice to sit in judgment when you do not have a clue about how those kids were raised. Black sheep are in every family.

Maybe spoiled, gee, about how many kids were spoiled in the '90's.

To compare Reid with Vick is just so over the top. You need to get off the top of your mountain, we all face bad days, everybody.

Reid should not even be called a bad father -- we do not know that -- and to have the commish suspend him. I don't even know what to say.

You are just SO OFF BASE. As they say, never judge a person until you walk in his shoes. Come off the mountain.

blindzebra

Reaction score
abersonc;1741050 said:
So you know that Reid is not being questioned or scrutinized by the league in any manner?

Your insights are amazing. Please tell me more about your inside information here.

Try turning on a TV.

His own players are questioning the leagues double standard...media insiders were asked what the league sources had said about possible punishment for Reid and they said the league is planning to do nothing but support Andy Reid.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
blindzebra;1741054 said:
Try turning on a TV.

His own players are questioning the leagues double standard...media insiders were asked what the league sources had said about possible punishment for Reid and they said the league is planning to do nothing but support Andy Reid.

Well, duh, like any intelligent person would do.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
blindzebra;1741054 said:
Try turning on a TV.

So the league didn't examine the situation at all, they just blindly support Reid. Righhhht. You need to get back on your medication, your paranoia is coming back.

A simpler interpretation is that the league that investigated the situation and found Reid was not involved or responsible and are giving him an appropriate level of confidentiality regarding the situation.

blindzebra

Reaction score
Pats Fan;1741055 said:

Gee imagine that support for a double standard from the troll whose team benefited from it.

blindzebra

Reaction score
abersonc;1741056 said:
So the league didn't examine the situation at all, they just blindly support Reid. Righhhht. You need to get back on your medication, your paranoia is coming back.

A simpler interpretation is that the league that investigated the situation and found Reid was not involved or responsible and are giving him an appropriate level of confidentiality regarding the situation.

Riiight...are you that naive or that stupid?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Pats Fan;1741055 said:

blindzebra;1741057 said:
Gee imagine that support for a double standard from the troll whose team benefited from it.

See what happens when you attribute intelligence to Zebra?

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1741042 said:
Reid's sons commited crimes, Vick committed several crimes. A horrible comparison.

Does anyone here know for certain that Reid knew about illegal drugs was kept in his house? And if he did, did he condone it or did he tried to prevent his sons from keeping it in his house?

Does anyone know for certain what he tried to do to help his sons?

Who knows the full story?

Have you ever heard of "harboring and aiding a fugitive"?

No, they're not the exact same thing, but they're not any different, IMHO.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
abersonc;1741051 said:
Tank's guns were purchased in another state and had been registered in that state. He failed to register them when he moved. Linking them to him is pretty obvious.

Next pseudo-argument?

I concede this point, I hadn't read much about Tank and assumed unregistered meant unregistered, not that he had registered them elsewhere and did not re-register in another state.

I still stand by the rest.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
blindzebra;1741058 said:
Riiight...are you that naive or that stupid?

Well for one, I know not to evaluate situations too early. I also know the league isn't putting up with crap and routinely takes longer than people would like to make decisions on discipline.

But you like your evaluation, and I assume other things, premature.

Just goes to show you, a zebra can't change his spots.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I think the Reid who smuggled all those drugs into Prison will be arrested again and face 5 new drug charges - just heard it and looking for it on the net - not out yet in print

It never ends

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
abersonc;1741062 said:

That's another double-standard. Al Gore says this and it's a slip-up, Emmitt says it and he's just not very smart.

blindzebra

Reaction score
abersonc;1741062 said:
Well for one, I know not to evaluate situations too early. I also know the league isn't putting up with crap and routinely takes longer than people would like to make decisions on discipline.

But you like your evaluation, and I assume other things, premature.

Acting too early is a mistake, evaluating the situation can never occur too early...so I guess the answer wasn't naive than.

Pats Fan

Benched
Reaction score
abersonc;1741059 said:
See what happens when you attribute intelligence to Zebra?

Don't know much about Zebra. I just looked at his graphic and said, darn. No rational thought will come from a person that uses such a graphic.

Sometimes I think the world has gone quite mad.

dooomsday

Reaction score
Nors;1741045 said:
The court went to the Reids house recently and said prescribed drags and illegal drugs were everywhere. The said it looked like a drug emporium. I'm wondering about the mothers involvement in this circus.

Sorry, untrue. Overzealous remarks by a judge in the spotlight, like thats a surprise. Irresponsible comments hardly becoming of a system built on evidence. Andy Reid was not on trial.

"While police found only weapons and ammunition—and not drugs—when they searched the house, O'Neill's "drug emporium" remark apparently referred to their numerous prescriptions and to remarks Britt Reid made about randomly pulling the painkiller Vicodin instead of a health supplement out of a pill drawer. "

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_7349489?source=most_emailed

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741060 said:
Have you ever heard of "harboring and aiding a fugitive"?

No, they're not the exact same thing, but they're not any different, IMHO.
So if your kid has a drug problem and found drugs on him or his drug in your house, first thing you would do is call the cops and have him arrested, is that correct?