Oh Commish your double standard is showing again

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741104 said:
:hammer:

Borders? Its totally ignorant. Wrong on too many levels to list. Besides being ridiculous.

Why are we making excuses for Reid? Why do we have to feel sorry for him?

If Wade's or Garrett's kids got involved in this stuff, they would get absolutely CLOBBERED by the mediots.

And for that matter, alot of these same mediots are already saying that dead-beat mom who used to be a hot pop idol will single-handedly wreck our season.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741109 said:

Because he is experiencing something that many parents do and something that many parents really have NO control over. A little PERSPECTIVE might do you some good here. I posted this in another thread:

I've got a friend who has had for years a serious problem with oxycontin and cocaine. He'd been living in a crappy apartment in crack hell for a few years, just getting worse and worse. One day his dad had enough and came and moved him back home. He's lived there ever since. He still has a drug problem but he so much better now. I think of my friend's dad as a real hero. He knows he can't get his son completely off drugs but he at least put him in a safe environment.

If my friend got arrested today, his dad would look very much like Andy Reid does to the outside world.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741109 said:

If Wade's or Garrett's kids got involved in this stuff, they would get absolutely CLOBBERED by the mediots.

And for that matter, alot of these same mediots are already saying that dead-beat mom who used to be a hot pop idol will single-handedly wreck our season.
I'm not making excuses for Reid, but as a parent, I could somewhat sympathize his situation and being helpless to help your grown kids, also, because those young men aren't kids, they need to be held responsible for their actions.

dooomsday

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741109 said:

LOL! What excuse did I make? I have dealt only in facts myself.

How about the fact that Andy has not spoken a word in his own defense and yet he's is being falsely prosecuted for something his adult children did. How ridiculous. What country is this? His kids are being punished and are in jail. He didn't escape that. What more do you want?

Do you not think this guy is being clobbered in the media? That would be incorrect. Andy is getting eaten alive. I just saw 5 pieces in the last 15 minutes. Sports radio calls for him to step down. This and he did nothing wrong himself.

Look, I think the whole thing is sad. I take no pleasure in knocking a guy while down. No one deserves having a child or children go thru this.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
it must suck to be a dad when your kid is over 18 and gets in trouble, he can't punish him, and the punishment that is meted out, will be harsher, and sometimes life-changing, I can sympathize w/ Reid here

but seems his kids are getting a break if they can keep their noses clean and go through drug court

dooomsday

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741117 said:
it must suck to be a dad when your kid is over 18 and gets in trouble, he can't punish him, and the punishment that is meted out, will be harsher, and sometimes life-changing, I can sympathize w/ Reid here

but seems his kids are getting a break if they can keep their noses clean and go through drug court

Its my understanding they were both sentenced to jail time today. More could be coming with the new offenses.

This a tough thing for a father. Denial is completely common when its your boys. He is most likely wondering what he did wrong much more that any detractor. They guy is going thru it and is handling it with a ton of class.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I have to agree with BZ when he contends that if it were a player, then the league would most likely be all over it.

1. A player is living with relatives who have a history of running afoul of the law.

2. Said player's relatives eventually get caught selling drugs, have a very public court proceeding and the judge totally dresses down said player and calls his place of residence a "Drug Emporium".

Under those circumstances, I would think the league and the new Commish, much to the chagrin of the NFLPA, would step in and at least have a meeting with the player in question.

As far as Wade Wilson, personally, I always felt the punishment he recieved was fair and certainly warranted.

- Mike G.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Goodell has yet to suspend a player, or coach, who was indirectly involved w/ law-breaking or cheating

to say he's being hypocritical now is ridiculous

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1741147 said:
I have to agree with BZ when he contends that if it were a player, then the league would most likely be all over it.

1. A player is living with relatives who have a history of running afoul of the law.

2. Said player's relatives eventually get caught selling drugs, have a very public court proceeding and the judge totally dresses down said player and calls his place of residence a "Drug Emporium".

Under those circumstances, I would think the league and the new Commish, much to the chagrin of the NFLPA, would step in and at least have a meeting with the player in question.

As far as Wade Wilson, personally, I always felt the punishment he recieved was fair and certainly warranted.

- Mike G.

calling a meeting, and exacting punishment on someone indirectly associated w/ law-breaking are 2 different things

you guys would have a case if Reid knew what was going on, and yet still allowed it, but come to me w/ that evidence and I'll hear you out

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741161 said:
calling a meeting, and exacting punishment on someone indirectly associated w/ law-breaking are 2 different things

you guys would have a case if Reid knew what was going on, and yet still allowed it, but come to me w/ that evidence and I'll hear you out

Parents are smarter(much smarter) than their kids-don't think you can fool them. Otherwise, AR is a complete idiot.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741117 said:

Problem is that he supported them for years and let them lawlessly live in his house.

Kids s/b 18 and college or out to get a job - to let them stay in the roost, be drug dealers and popping meds like flintstones, toting guns in mommies car is an extreme mistake.

These kids were never accountable or had any fear of having to make it in the "real" world, Mommie and Daddy's money always was there to bail them out. And all these arrests are not the only problems the Reids have had with these 2 I bet -

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741166 said:
Parents are smarter(much smarter) than their kids-don't think you can fool them. Otherwise, AR is a complete idiot.

or AR was never home - and was an absent dad past two decades coaching. This is a family in serious turmoil.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741166 said:

so you're saying Reid allowed his son to run drugs out of HIS house? wow

dooomsday

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741166 said:

I think the only kids who can't fool their parents ride the short bus. I never got caught doing anything and did so under my parents unsuspecting noses. I never met a parent who didnt think they had a great kid. Why would this family be different?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741167 said:
Problem is that he supported them for years and let them lawlessly live in his house.

Kids s/b 18 and college or out to get a job - to let them stay in the roost, be drug dealers and popping meds like flintstones, toting guns in mommies car is an extreme mistake.

These kids were never accountable or had any fear of having to make it in the "real" world, Mommie and Daddy's money always was there to bail them out. And all these arrests are not the only problems the Reids have had with these 2 I bet -

let them? you honestly believe that Reid would allow his kids to run drugs out of his house? you have proof of this? oh I forget, you were sick the day they taught law at law-school *A Few Good Men reference* you do know that NFL coaching is a time consuming thing, right? sometimes they are working 18 hour days, 7 days a week, for 6 months, the only interaction Reid probably had w/ his kids during that time was open the door, say hello, ask how their day went, and march straight into bed, in Reid's case, bed is probably curtains tossed over the family pool :D and the mother for all we know is one of those rich wives who get drunk all day inside of the house

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741183 said:
let them? you honestly believe that Reid would allow his kids to run drugs out of his house? you have proof of this? oh I forget, you were sick the day they taught law at law-school *A Few Good Men reference* you do know that NFL coaching is a time consuming thing, right? sometimes they are working 18 hour days, 7 days a week, for 6 months, the only interaction Reid probably had w/ his kids during that time was open the door, say hello, ask how their day went, and march straight into bed,

Or why not blame Mrs. Reid? She IS a stay-at-home home. With this being the case, it's obvious the blame is on here, and Andy should get out of this mess with a divorce.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741181 said:
I think the only kids who can't fool their parents ride the short bus. I never got caught doing anything and did so under my parents unsuspecting noses. I never met a parent who didnt think they had a great kid. Why would this family be different?

let's not forget that Reid probably lives in a huge house where the kid's rooms are on another story

but let's punish Reid anyways for not sweeping his adult children's rooms in search of drugs

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741187 said:
Or why not blame Mrs. Reid? She IS a stay-at-home home. With this being the case, it's obvious the blame is on here, and Andy should get out of this mess with a divorce.

you can only blame the parents if they knowingly allowed these types of things to take place

dooomsday

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741189 said:
let's not forget that Reid probably lives in a huge house where the kid's rooms are on another story

but let's punish Reid anyways for not sweeping his adult children's rooms in search of drugs

Correct. He lives in what they call a mini mansion outside Philly. Giant home. His kids have been to college and back. They aren't still getting rides to school on dads way to work. They are adults. Period. There were no illegal drugs in his house.

I think its a shame. The kids are sick and the father is getting killed. I guess thats out society. Feel better at the expense of others.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It is my contention that Andy Reid does not have to know that a plethora of guns and ammunition were found on his property. Furthermore, I do not believe that Andy Reid has to be aware of the fact that illegal drugs are being used and sold on property he owns.

My thoughts are based on parts of the conversation Mr. Goodell had with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 NFL Draft.

I don't remember the exact words the commissioner used when speaking with Michael Vick prior to the 2007 Draft, but the crux of the formal meeting was that a player is responsible if members of his family use said player's property to commit crimes.

To add, it was very interesting for a Dallas Local like myself to listen to 610 WIP over the Internet all this week. Appearantly, last week a couple of callers closer to the situation called into the show and told the hosts that it was pretty much common knowledge on the street that the Reid boys were participating in extremely illegal activity. Those same callers called back to throw out a big "I told you so" to the hosts after the story broke.

I know things can happen, but I would like to think that if my house had become a "Drug Emporium" and my kids had a stash of guns on my property that I would eventually find out about it. Now if my house was as big as Andy Reid's, it would probably take me a little longer :D .

- Mike G.