Oh Commish your double standard is showing again

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741271 said:
I am very impressed with the way he has handled this. He is taking it squarely on the chin.

Big deal, he's got plenty of chins to spare... :D

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741412 said:
These kids were in rehab for years. There were drugs everywhere and emporium. And needles and syringes. Guns in house and mommy car. They were at best remiss in not structuring these adults that lived in their hose, with 3 minor kids observing.

:laugh2: thrust your values on people much?

silverbear

Reaction score
Nors;1741376 said:
Unless NFL can link Reid and his doctors to prescribing drugs illegally to his kids, he can't be in trouble with NFL for being a bad/absentee dad.

That sums it up pretty nicely...

And I'm OK with that, Reid's had his whole world shaken, he's going through HELL right now... I see no need for further "punishment", just seeing his boys behind bars is a terrible punishment for the crime of being a bad/absentee dad...

My Dad taught me that actions have consequences, and a man ought not do a thing unless he's willing to accept the consequences of doing it... seems that Andy failed to teach his kids that, now they're learning it the hard way...

And so is he...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1741411 said:
That's what 75 hour work weeks will do to ya-- make you a stranger in your own home...

Yes, it's pretty clear that Andy Reid will not be winning any Father of the Year competitions...

So, what punishment do you reckon Goodell ought to hand out for the high crime of being a piss-poor parent?? :D

NONE

Reid like most NFL coaches works his *** off at the detriment to his family. Such a cruel choice career wise.

Me, I decided my family was more important than my "career arc" and have been at all my sons games and home to be a hands on dad. Thats priceless to me.

I am actively involved as a dad, and they know that and also know or will know that they have to fly at age 18. Thats where the Reids of the world fail, filthy rich kids that have no incentive to leave house or provide for themselves.....

silverbear

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741377 said:
FWIW-I was secretly doing business with Amway in college. Somehow, I THOUGHT my parents didn't know(I even kept all my Amway products stashed away in places where my parents wouldn't even know about).

But somehow-they KNEW off the bat I was just doing that-dealing with Amway.

Hey-I would go balistic if my parents searched my room-but in the long run, I'm THANKFUL for the things they do that's kept me in line.

I guess I was lucky, I didn't need parents going through my things to keep me on the straight and narrow...

Maybe I was just afraid of crossing my Dad, the ol' drill sergeant... LOL...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear;1741411 said:
That's what 75 hour work weeks will do to ya-- make you a stranger in your own home...

Yes, it's pretty clear that Andy Reid will not be winning any Father of the Year competitions...

So, what punishment do you reckon Goodell ought to hand out for the high crime of being a piss-poor parent?? :D

as Lord High Muckety-Muck of the Viligante, Draconian, Justice Squad, you should know what to do

HANG HIM ON THE YARD-ARM!

you navy guys should know what I'm talking about

dooomsday

Reaction score
Nors;1741412 said:
These kids were in rehab for years. There were drugs everywhere and emporium. And needles and syringes. Guns in house and mommy car. They were at best remiss in not structuring these adults that lived in their hose, with 3 minor kids observing.

Why do you keep calling them kids? LOL!

If you all bother reading something other than the headline they said the one kid started taking drugs AS AN ADULT at 18 after a football injury. The other as an adult as well.

So is every parent with adult children getting hooked on vicodin after injury and surgery, etc. bad parent? LOL. Often you dont know your addicted until you ingest it. Then its on. Parents had no control.

You guys are obviously killing the guy cause you dont like him. Lets at least use some truth and not the flashy headlines we read.

How much parenting do you find effective after 18? Usually you are done by then. There is no proof that he was a bad parent. Bad kids come from good parents. I am PROOF of that! ;)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;1741418 said:
:laugh2: thrust your values on people much?

Sure - it's his house. He has 3 teenage kids living there. To allow a drug emporium environment, guns and ammo in his house and cars is questionable parenting. All the while supporting two "adults" that are drug dealers and clearly out of control.

And what did Reid do last 20 years? Work 20 hours a day most year round. Those kids had no dad growing up. And when or if Reid showed up it was likely a mob scene of "There's Andy Reid" and all the fringers that want to revere/know the coach, I don't feel so sorry for Reid. He made a choice.

Same with Belichick who's son was arrested with pot last fall, these guys are not good husbands or fathers for the most part. How can they be? They are most never home. Parcells never saw his new Grandkid for 2 years when he was coaching in Dallas. Coaching is a brutal grind, look at what Dungy went through.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dooomsday;1741501 said:
Why do you keep calling them kids? LOL!

If you all bother reading something other than the headline they said the one kid started taking drugs AS AN ADULT at 18 after a football injury. The other as an adult as well.

So is every parent with adult children getting hooked on vicodin after injury and surgery, etc. bad parent? LOL. Often you dont know your addicted until you ingest it. Then its on. Parents had no control.

You guys are obviously killing the guy cause you dont like him. Lets at least use some truth and not the flashy headlines we read.

How much parenting do you find effective after 18? Usually you are done by then. There is no proof that he was a bad parent. Bad kids come from good parents. I am PROOF of that! ;)

I know he was most never home - his kid as much said so.

Allowing your kids to take Vicodin and opiates for years is wise parenting? Kids also tied to steroids that date back to high school. The Reids were living in his house as so called adults and driving around in the family car with a plethora of drugs, heroin, steroids, painkillers and guns. How does family miss that? Thats not going unnoticed or addressed by a parent that is watching what is going on.

Either Reid and wife were clueless, not there or turned and looked the other way. Or involved, there were reports yesterday the mother was feeding them these drug cocktails, lining them all up for them. Thats heinous parenting.

And that these 2 kids are arrested multiple times and sitting in a jail cell should really be no suprise.

Imagine if this was the Dallas coach?

We would be ripped by media. But Reid is a nice guy so lets not question him on this? I still want to know who was prescribing all this stuff!

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Ozzu;1741407 said:
Stuff like this makes me appreciate that Wade has never let coaching step on time with his family. He's always said that no matter what, Friday nights are "date night" with his wife. Why other coaches don't do something similiar is beyond me.

I'm not sure what hours 75-80 are going to give you during a week that the first 75 didn't.

Of course, Wade hasn't been as successful as Reid. He's been a HC for less time and didn't do much work as a HC when his children were young. He also spent a great deal of time in a coaching situation where he was working with his father so he had an extra level of family support built in there. Reid also has a major role as a player personnel.

So I guess those extra 5 hours a week are getting Reid something more than the first 75.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
I believe it was Parcells who once said something at a PC about once he clocked in to mini camps he might at best have 2 days off rest of year. These guys are at work at 5:00 in the morning and go all day.

Gruden and Reid I read slept in most nights in the old Vet.

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;1741587 said:
I believe it was Parcells who once said something at a PC about once he clocked in to mini camps he might at best have 2 days off rest of year. These guys are at work at 5:00 in the morning and go all day.

Gruden and Reid I read slept in most nights in the old Vet.

I remember back in the late 80's, Parcells, Mora, Ditka and Gibbs all admitted that they suffered "coaching burnouts" due to working these long hours, and hinted at retiring.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
http://********.com/sports/cultural...xt-nfl-coach-to-mess-up-his-family-295425.php

Who's the next NFL Coach to mess his kids up article. Some good stuff but be warned some bad language in story.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
silverbear;1741378 said:
One of the few giggles in this sordid spectacle came out of the reports of these new charges... seems the Reid kid smuggled his stash into jail in his rectum... his cellmate saw him retrieve the pills, then Reid offered to share them...

I'm pretty sure the only appropriate response to "hey, would you like a coupla these pills I just pulled out of my a**??" is "Uhhhh, no thanks"... :D

Just for clarification to everyone...that is know as your "prison wallet".

Prisoners hide drugs, shanks, kites, and anything else that the can fit into their "prison wallet", and it takes x-rays at times to find out exactely what they have in their "prison wallet".

Carry on...

;)

cowboyed

Reaction score
Whether the league comes down on him or not Reid is suffering at the hands of his family and the media. The comparatives will be cruel, you can manage a team but not your own family?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
blindzebra;1741009 said:
Now I have a certain amount of sympathy for the Reid family's situation, but had this been a player or a lesser coach I'm sure the league would be looking seriously at a suspension.

How can this situation not tarnish the league?

You have the constant neglect of family that goes with coaching.

You have the children of this coach doing wrong, right or wrong, that has to in some way reflect of Reid the man and father, and therefore negatively impacts the leagues image.

Then the league should have suspended Tony Dungy after his son committed suicide.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
abersonc;1741100 said:
No action being taken at this point does not mean the same thing as being cleared.

Come on folks, I hate the g-d Eagles as much as anyone but calling for a suspension because someone's sons have some serious problems? That's just wrong and borders on ignorant.

Exactly.

If this were Jack Del Rio's kid, who here thinks there would be a thread moaning about Goodell's lack of consistency?

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
Alexander;1741896 said:
Exactly.

If this were Jack Del Rio's kid, who here thinks there would be a thread moaning about Goodell's lack of consistency?

OTOH-if this were a Cowboys coach-BSPN would be hammering away at him 24/7.

All we hear from this 4 letter network is how Reid is a great guy, his players love him and will rally around him, etc.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1741900 said:
OTOH-if this were a Cowboys coach-BSPN would be hammering away at him 24/7.

All we hear from this 4 letter network is how Reid is a great guy, his players love him and will rally around him, etc.

Last I checked ESPN did not house the NFL Commissioner's office.

Honestly, if this were Wade's son, he'd likely get the same spin.