Oh Silver Bear

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
I have seen a few draft sites list a certain OLB going in the 2nd round of their mock drafts. This linebacker is 6'4, 240 and goes by the name of Sergio Kindle....

Now if he does come out early and happens to be there with our 2nd round pick, would you want Dallas to draft him?

Also, if S Rashad Johnson and Kindle are both on the board, who would you take?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2427235 said:
I have seen a few draft sites list a certain OLB going in the 2nd round of their mock drafts. This linebacker is 6'4, 240 and goes by the name of Sergio Kindle....

Now if he does come out early and happens to be there with our 2nd round pick, would you want Dallas to draft him?

On the O.L.B., HELL NO, why on earth would we use our top pick on an O.L.B. when we have our BOOKEND O.L.B.'s for the next decade in Ware and Spencer?
I'll get back to you on the safety, but so far I'm getting impressed by Keith Davis, I mean, he's hitting poeple like Roy used too and I haven't seen any pass play that he gave up since he's been the starter either, so I'm not sure we I'd want to replace Davis just yet, gotta see the rest of the year, but so far so good with Davis at S.S. for us I think.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2427251 said:
On the O.L.B., HELL NO, why on earth would we use our top pick on an O.L.B. when we have our BOOKEND O.L.B.'s for the next decade in Ware and Spencer?
I'll get back to you on the safety, but so far I'm getting impressed by Keith Davis, I mean, he's hitting poeple like Roy used too and I haven't seen any pass play that he gave up since he's been the starter either, so I'm not sure we I'd want to replace Davis just yet, gotta see the rest of the year, but so far so good with Davis at S.S. for us I think.

i believe i was asking silverbear....and quite frankly your opinion means about as much to me as a pocket full of lent.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2427259 said:
i believe i was asking silverbear....and quite frankly your opinion means about as much to me as a pocket full of lent.

LOL, I didn't know you were asking him, but if YOU think it's a good idea to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick when we have our starting bookends for the next decade (assuming they stay healthy and we re-sign when contracts are up) in BOTH 1st round draft picks in Ware and Spencer, then YOUR opinion on ANYTHING football related to the cowboys means NOTHING to me since you OBVIOUSLY have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
You have a nice day!

What's next, use our top pick on a Q.B. to be Romo's backup for the next 7 years?:lmao:

Or WAIT WAIT, draft a T.E. with our top pick to be Witten and Bennett's backup, YEAH, that's the ticket, cause that makes as much sense as it does to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick!:lmao2:

So have a nice life, you are not on my level and have NO CLUE what you're talkin about as far as football and the cowboys are concerned!;)

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2427297 said:
LOL, I didn't know you were asking him, but if YOU think it's a good idea to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick when we have our starting bookends for the next decade (assuming they stay healthy and we re-sign when contracts are up) in BOTH 1st round draft picks in Ware and Spencer, then YOUR opinion on ANYTHING football related to the cowboys means NOTHING to me since you OBVIOUSLY have NO CLUE what you're talking about.
You have a nice day!

What's next, use our top pick on a Q.B. to be Romo's backup for the next 7 years?:lmao:

Or WAIT WAIT, draft a T.E. with our top pick to be Witten and Bennett's backup, YEAH, that's the ticket, cause that makes as much sense as it does to draft an O.L.B. with our top pick!:lmao2:

So have a nice life, you are not on my level and have NO CLUE what you're talkin about as far as football and the cowboys are concerned!;)

can you comprehend what you read? what does the title of the thread say?

you are correct, i am not in remedial......have a nice day and please don't color outside the lines little fella.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
IDK much about him but if he comes out early I don't think he would be drafted as high as he would if he waited till next year. With that said I would take Rashard > Sergio.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2427251 said:

you do realize that OLB in a 4-3 defense get moved to ILB in a 3-4 defense.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429112 said:

I honestly think Kindle could be a very effecting ILB in the 3-4.

If he did come out.....I would be ecstatic if he lasted till the 4th, though I know it won't happen. But if Dallas could somehow get him in that round, it would be a complete steal.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
Biggems;2429242 said:
I honestly think Kindle could be a very effecting ILB in the 3-4.

If he did come out.....I would be ecstatic if he lasted till the 4th, though I know it won't happen. But if Dallas could somehow get him in that round, it would be a complete steal.

I think he would because I think this is his first year as a starter for UT so no reason to pull the trigger early but 4th round sounds about right if he comes out early.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2429112 said:
:confused:
SAY WHAT?
So Derrick Brooks of Tampa Bay who plays O.L.B. in a 4-3 would move INSIDE in a 3-4?
You're telling me this is a RULE that I don't know about?
I never heard of such a thing, it depends on the L.B.'s skills, his SIZE ESPECIALLY on where he plays in the 3-4 and the 4-3 as a L.B.!

NEVER have I heard someone say that an O.L.B. in a 4-3 defense automatically gets moved inside in a 3-4, that's just not true and unfounded.

Some O.L.B.'s in a 4-3 could NEVER even play ANY L.B. position in a 3-4, hell, look at Jonathan VIlma, he was KICKING *** in the 4-3 then they switched to a 3-4 and he SUCKED BALLS and had to be traded cause the Jets weren't gonna switch their scheme to appease one player.

To say it's well known that 4-3 O.L.B.'s always switch to I.L.B. in the 3-4 is just absurd, you do know a LOT of O.L.B.'s in a 4-3 can be like 6'-0 225 pounds which would be LAUGHABLE if they tried being an I.L.B. in a 3-4.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2430278 said:
:confused:
SAY WHAT?
So Derrick Brooks of Tampa Bay who plays O.L.B. in a 4-3 would move INSIDE in a 3-4?
You're telling me this is a RULE that I don't know about?
I never heard of such a thing, it depends on the L.B.'s skills, his SIZE ESPECIALLY on where he plays in the 3-4 and the 4-3 as a L.B.!

NEVER have I heard someone say that an O.L.B. in a 4-3 defense automatically gets moved inside in a 3-4, that's just not true and unfounded.

Some O.L.B.'s in a 4-3 could NEVER even play ANY L.B. position in a 3-4, hell, look at Jonathan VIlma, he was KICKING *** in the 4-3 then they switched to a 3-4 and he SUCKED BALLS and had to be traded cause the Jets weren't gonna switch their scheme to appease one player.

To say it's well known that 4-3 O.L.B.'s always switch to I.L.B. in the 3-4 is just absurd, you do know a LOT of O.L.B.'s in a 4-3 can be like 6'-0 225 pounds which would be LAUGHABLE if they tried being an I.L.B. in a 3-4.

It the truth......just because Vilma doesn't fit in a 3-4 doesn't disprove what I said. It's really not absurd you really need to calm down because you really don't know what you're talking about. 6-0 225 lb's don't fit at OLB. I'll wait for the list of OLB at 6-0 225 other wise shut up when you don't know what you're talking about.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Biggems;2427235 said:

Hmmmm, I wasn't aware that Kindle has risen that far up the draft boards... I'm sure you're aware that Longhorns often stay for all 4 years, and I've heard nothing about Kindle possibly coming out (have you??)... but if he does, yeah, he's the kind of 3-4 ILB who ought to be able to handle cover responsibilities...

That said, to answer your final question, gimme Johnson over Kindle in the 2nd round...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2427251 said:

Kindle would be a weakside ILB in the 3-4, so he'd be a replacement for Kevin Burnett...I think he has the cover skills, the speed, to handle that role...

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2430719 said:
It the truth......just because Vilma doesn't fit in a 3-4 doesn't disprove what I said. It's really not absurd you really need to calm down because you really don't know what you're talking about. 6-0 225 lb's don't fit at OLB. I'll wait for the list of OLB at 6-0 225 other wise shut up when you don't know what you're talking about.

YOU SAID IT LIKE IT WAS 100% FACT that I should know it's a RULE or something that all O.L.B.'s in the 4-3 go to I.L.B. in the 4-3 and NOTHING could be further from the truth, you said it like I was stupid to not know that ALL O.L.b.'s in the 4-3 move to I.L.B. and so I'm gonna ask WHERE did you learn this or WHO TOLD YOU THIS?
Cause that's just ABSURD!

I was exagerrating to make a point about 6'-0 225, but some L.B.'s are CLOSE to that that play O.L.B. in the 4-3 and NO WAY would they EVER be able to hold up playing I.L.B. in the 3-4 but yet you are acting like it's a RULE I should know about that all O.L.B.'s move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 and that's just RIDICULOUS, so come back to me when YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT!
Please tell me WHO TOLD YOU THIS or where you learned all 4-3 O.L.B.'s would move inside in the 3-4 scheme cause I followed football for 30+ years and NEVER HEARD ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE to this logic!

Derrick Brooks PRO-BOWL O.L.B. Tampa Bay Bucs, 6'-0 235 pounds would move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 is what you're telling me???? LOL
HE WOULD BE A SACRIFICIAL LAMB GETTING CRUSHED BY O-LINEMAN! LOL

Come back to me when you know what you're talkin about, cause an O.L.b. in the 4-3 doesn't simply move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 and I never heard ANYONE say that in my entire life, and to think you are telling me I need to know what I'm talkin about is hysterical, I'd love to see Brooks play I.L.B. in a 3-4, for COMICAL PURPOSES to watch him get EATEN ALIVE and CRUSHED! LOL

PLEASE tell me WHO TOLD YOU THIS MYTH or try to come up with some sor of LOGIC to backup that statement that I should know all O.L.b.'s inn the 4-3 move to I.L.B. in the 3-4, if that's the case WHO THE HECK PLAYS O.L.B. in the 3-4? LOL
The M.L.B. form the 4-3? LOL

FACT IS that if you are a 4-3 O.L.B. in a lot of cases if the team switched to a 3-4 you would be TRADED or CUT cause you just don't have the SIZE to fit the scheme!

Seriously, if all 4-3 O.L.B.'s supposed to move inside in the 3-4 like you claim who plays O.L.B.???? LOL

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2431223 said:
YOU SAID IT LIKE IT WAS 100% FACT that I should know it's a RULE or something that all O.L.B.'s in the 4-3 go to I.L.B. in the 4-3 and NOTHING could be further from the truth, you said it like I was stupid to not know that ALL O.L.b.'s in the 4-3 move to I.L.B. and so I'm gonna ask WHERE did you learn this or WHO TOLD YOU THIS?
Cause that's just ABSURD!

I was exagerrating to make a point about 6'-0 225, but some L.B.'s are CLOSE to that that play O.L.B. in the 4-3 and NO WAY would they EVER be able to hold up playing I.L.B. in the 3-4 but yet you are acting like it's a RULE I should know about that all O.L.B.'s move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 and that's just RIDICULOUS, so come back to me when YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKIN ABOUT!
Please tell me WHO TOLD YOU THIS or where you learned all 4-3 O.L.B.'s would move inside in the 3-4 scheme cause I followed football for 30+ years and NEVER HEARD ANYTHING REMOTELY CLOSE to this logic!

Derrick Brooks PRO-BOWL O.L.B. Tampa Bay Bucs, 6'-0 235 pounds would move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 is what you're telling me???? LOL
HE WOULD BE A SACRIFICIAL LAMB GETTING CRUSHED BY O-LINEMAN! LOL

Come back to me when you know what you're talkin about, cause an O.L.b. in the 4-3 doesn't simply move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 and I never heard ANYONE say that in my entire life, and to think you are telling me I need to know what I'm talkin about is hysterical, I'd love to see Brooks play I.L.B. in a 3-4, for COMICAL PURPOSES to watch him get EATEN ALIVE and CRUSHED! LOL

PLEASE tell me WHO TOLD YOU THIS MYTH or try to come up with some sor of LOGIC to backup that statement that I should know all O.L.b.'s inn the 4-3 move to I.L.B. in the 3-4, if that's the case WHO THE HECK PLAYS O.L.B. in the 3-4? LOL
The M.L.B. form the 4-3? LOL

FACT IS that if you are a 4-3 O.L.B. in a lot of cases if the team switched to a 3-4 you would be TRADED or CUT cause you just don't have the SIZE to fit the scheme!

Seriously, if all 4-3 O.L.B.'s supposed to move inside in the 3-4 like you claim who plays O.L.B.???? LOL

Do you know anything about football?

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2431261 said:
Do you know anything about football?

That's your comeback???
I ASK YOU TO ANSWER A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS since I PROVED YOU WRONG and your comeback is THIS?
That tells me you HAVE NO ANSWERS to my questions and thus proved me right!
Thank you and goodnight, come back next time when you can answer my questions and have a CLUE as to what you spew!

You should of just admitted you were wrong, it would of made you look less foolish!
Come Tell me Derrick Brooks would just move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 since he's an O.L.B. now and you said all O.L.B.'s in the 4-3 move to I.L.B. RIGHT?? LOL
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :lmao2: :laugh2:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
ThatsmyQB;2431270 said:
That's your comeback???
I ASK YOU TO ANSWER A BUNCH OF QUESTIONS since I PROVED YOU WRONG and your comeback is THIS?
That tells me you HAVE NO ANSWERS to my questions and thus proved me right!
Thank you and goodnight, come back next time when you can answer my questions and have a CLUE as to what you spew!

You should of just admitted you were wrong, it would of made you look less foolish!
Come Tell me Derrick Brooks would just move to I.L.B. in the 3-4 since he's an O.L.B. now and you said all O.L.B.'s in the 4-3 move to I.L.B. RIGHT?? LOL
:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: :laugh1: :lmao2: :laugh2:

you didn't prove me wrong at all. He would. Or do you think Derrick Brooks can do what Demarcus Ware does.

ThatsmyQB

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2431309 said:
you didn't prove me wrong at all. He would. Or do you think Derrick Brooks can do what Demarcus Ware does.

ROTFLMAO!
NO YOU DUMMY!
He couldn't play O.L.B. in the 3-4 but he DEFINATELY 100% COULD NEVER PLAY I.L.B. in the 3-4, he would have to be CUT OR TRADED cause he's TOO SMALL to play L.B. in the 3-4 defense MY GOD ARE YOU REALLY THIS UNINTELLIGENT when it comes to football 101????
The old saying goes, better to be thought of as a moron then to open your mouth and PROVE IT, cause YOU JUST PROVED IT!