Oh Theo -- It's Tashard Choice *Merge*

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Thanks to the installation of Tashard Choice this team is now stacked at RB. I feel much better know that Tashard Chocie is around if anything (god forbid) happens to MB3. MB3 has yet to prove he can carry the full load at the NFL level and he won't have to. However, if he goes down, I have even less faith that Felix Jones can carry the load. No worries now thanks to Jerry. Great pick. This makes me feel much better about day 1. :starspin

PosterChild

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2057811 said:
Jerry completely lied or didnt follow his own advice when he told ed werder that we werent looking for backups to our 13 probowlers...

Really Jerry???

Felix - back up rb

Jenkins - back up cb

Bennett - back up te

Choice - back back up rb

Solid Jerry.

LOL I bet you're fun at parties:rolleyes:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Honestly, this makes me like the Felix Jones pick much more now. We'll never have to rely on Felix as an every down.

Think New Orleans.

Barber = McAllister
Felix = Reggie

They were in trouble when McAllister went down. Reggie's a nice weapon unless you rely on him as an every down back. Now we have the true backup RB we needed.

CowboyWay

If Coach would have put me in, we'd a won State
Reaction score
We never make this pick if we took mendenhall instead of Felix.

Good player, good pick, however, if we take mendenhall like we should have, we didn't need to waste this pick on tashard choice.

newlander

Reaction score
Red Bryant went 1 pick earlier than this one to the seahags. NOT saying Choice won't be good: just saying we needed a nice space eater like Bryant: badly. This sucks.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057813 said:
I have nothing against Choice, but had JJ picked Mendenhall in the first this would not have been neccessary. Jones is probably never going to be a full time back, now he has to find another back to compensate in case Barber bolts or gets injured.
This is exactly why draft mistakes come back to haunt you.

Umm we would have needed a 3rd RB no matter which RB we took in the first

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
we're protected in case of an injury to Barber, and still are able to put a game-breaker on the field

can't really complain

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
theogt;2057824 said:
Honestly, this makes me like the Felix Jones pick much more now. We'll never have to rely on Felix as an every down.

Think New Orleans.

Barber = McAllister
Felix = Reggie

They were in trouble when McAllister went down. Reggie's a nice weapon unless you rely on him as an every down back. Now we have the true backup RB we needed.

That's exactly right.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
newlander;2057830 said:
Red Bryant went 1 pick earlier than this one to the seahags. NOT saying Choice won't be good: just saying we needed a nice space eater like Bryant: badly. This sucks.

I wanted us to get him, too. A lot.

We have to get a NT somewhere. Not sure how good the ones in round 5 will be, though.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
theogt;2057824 said:

Think New Orleans.

Barber = McAllister
Felix = Reggie

Don't you guys feel kind of uncomfortable that they drafted a part-time back in the first round and now made up for it in the fourth round???

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057829 said:
We never make this pick if we took mendenhall instead of Felix.

Good player, good pick, however, if we take mendenhall like we should have, we didn't need to waste this pick on tashard choice.
You're right. It would have been a waste with Mendenhall, but without Mendenhall it's not a waste. But if we take Mendenhall we dont' get the same weapon as we get from Felix.

This is a great move on both ends. Much better than just getting Mendenhall.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Agreed... it's also good to see that we aren't simply "settling" for what's left at WR just because it's a need, and instead we're getting the best available player (IMO). I'm happy :cool:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057838 said:
Don't you guys feel kind of uncomfortable that they drafted a part-time back in the first round and now made up for it in the fourth round???
It depends on if you think of him as a part time back or as another type of weapon.

ndanger

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057813 said:
I have nothing against Choice, but had JJ picked Mendenhall in the first this would not have been neccessary. Jones is probably never going to be a full time back, now he has to find another back to compensate in case Barber bolts or gets injured.
This is exactly why draft mistakes come back to haunt you.

I don't follow your logic.Even if we had taken Mendinghall we would have still needed another back.Unless your comfortable With Alonzo Coleman who is coming off an injury.I guess that's what you're saying?

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
BigDFan5;2057831 said:
Umm we would have needed a 3rd RB no matter which RB we took in the first

Why??? The Giants had a bunch of free agents backing up Jacobs last year and it worked out for them...the Packers started a seventh rounder and won just as many games as the Boys.

Temo

Reaction score
For what it's worth, watch this kid run during the Senior Bowl... I REALLY liked him. He's a tough guy, runs over people and doesn't go down easy.

Again, I REALLY like this kid.