Oh Theo -- It's Tashard Choice *Merge*

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Cowboys22;2057874 said:
Yeah, but if you take Mendenhall, then you don't have the added dimension to the offense that Jones brings. You also don't have a dynamic kick returner. What you would have is a full blown Rb controversy that probably pisses off Barber. Mendenhall is very similar to Barber and if you take him in the 1st then he is competition for starting RB. Jones, on the other hand, is not competion for the starting job and adds a new dimension that the offense currently doesn't have. It was the right move.

Austin is a GREAT kick returner.,..one of the best in the league....so Jones is not neccessary.

Mendenhall has more speed than Jones, one of the best hands of any back in the draft.....I don't get this Mendenhall is toooo much like Barber stuff...he has very little in common to Barber.

braw

Reaction score
theogt;2057841 said:
You're right. It would have been a waste with Mendenhall, but without Mendenhall it's not a waste. But if we take Mendenhall we dont' get the same weapon as we get from Felix.

This is a great move on both ends. Much better than just getting Mendenhall.

Packages is what the NFL is.And putting playmakers on the field together. I see you started to feel what the Cowboys vision is. WR in the draft is not as good as Roy Williams next year for free. Plus no wr in this years draft will beat out our wrs this yr. But RB needed more choices. Romo needs a better running game and our running game needed better TE blocking.

Remember Barbers run against the Pats(almost a safety) the TE was blown up on the left side.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057891 said:
Austin is a GREAT kick returner.,..one of the best in the league....so Jones is not neccessary.

Mendenhall has more speed than Jones, one of the best hands of any back in the draft.....I don't get this Mendenhall is toooo much like Barber stuff...he has very little in common to Barber.

Austin isn't a great kick returner, he doesn't set up his blocks, and doesn't have very good vision

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057829 said:
We never make this pick if we took mendenhall instead of Felix.

Good player, good pick, however, if we take mendenhall like we should have, we didn't need to waste this pick on tashard choice.

If the Cowboys select Mendenhall, they still lack the speed, explosiveness, and big play ability they were seeking.

Many people are overlooking the fact that Jones and Mendenhall have completely different skill sets. Although Mendenhall may be the better overall prospect, Jones possesses the exact set of abilities the Dallas offense so desperately needs.

braw

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057891 said:

4.45 and 4.47 give me a break

Derinyar

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057891 said:

Theres underwear speed and game speed. No one seems to think that Mendenhall plays faster than Jones.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2057898 said:
Austin isn't a great kick returner, he doesn't set up his blocks, and doesn't have very good vision

25.5 average is not good to you??? Did you not notice teams avoiding kicking to him as the season went on???

Jammer

Retired Air Force Guy
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh_Canada;2057914 said:
25.5 average is not good to you??? Did you not notice teams avoiding kicking to him as the season went on???

Have Austin and Jones back there and then teams will have to pick their poison?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057914 said:

it's not great

Austin relies on his speed, that's it, Felix could take more to the house and average more because he makes people miss

InmanRoshi

Zone Scribe
Reaction score
kiheikiwi;2057888 said:
Hey, so are we going to going to carry 3 running backs on the 53 man roster?

I'm pretty sure every team in the NFL carries 3 RB's on the 53 man roster. A lot of them carry 4 if they're special team contributors.

Cowboys&Caps

Reaction score
CowboyWay;2057829 said:
We never make this pick if we took mendenhall instead of Felix.

Good player, good pick, however, if we take mendenhall like we should have, we didn't need to waste this pick on tashard choice.

NO WAY you can know that.

not a wasted pick we are better off with choice behind barber and F. Jones than a UDFA or a guy like TT who would cost more.

get real.

what else do we need?

we were gonna take R. Bryant if the seahawks didn't but Choice is a nice pickup.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
braw;2057905 said:
4.45 and 4.47 give me a break

My point is they are close.....Jones has never been a full time guy....EVER.

Mendenhall's avg per carry was 8.2 in '06...as a part-timer and 6.4 as a FULL-TIMER.....I want to see what Jones would do as a full time back. I am just sick of hearing how Jones is soooo much faster than Mendenhall when he is not....in pads or in underwear.

BigTimeCowboy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057939 said:
My point is they are close.....Jones has never been a full time guy....EVER.

Mendenhall's avg per carry was 8.2 in '06...as a part-timer and 6.4 as a FULL-TIMER.....I want to see what Jones would do as a full time back. I am just sick of hearing how Jones is soooo much faster than Mendenhall when he is not....in pads or in underwear.

and he won't have to be in dallas...

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
BigTimeCowboy;2057947 said:
and he won't have to be in dallas...

Sounds great...we took a part-timer in the first round....makes me fee sooo good.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2057811 said:
Jerry completely lied or didnt follow his own advice when he told ed werder that we werent looking for backups to our 13 probowlers...

Really Jerry???

Felix - back up rb

Jenkins - back up cb

Bennett - back up te

Choice - back back up rb

Solid Jerry.

I don't think that there are any open starting positions on the team. So every player that we draft will be a backup. Every player listed in your "ideal" draft would be a backup too.

Even though they are backup players, all of our picks should see plenty of playing time.

CPonder14

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057953 said:
Sounds great...we took a part-timer in the first round....makes me fee sooo good.

you go cry about if for the rest of your life, while I move on and think of the possibilities Felix can do in this offense.