Oh Theo -- It's Tashard Choice *Merge*

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Being from GA, I watched a lot of ACC and SEC football. This kid's a gamer. He's tough as nails and has great character. He'll give us 110%.

Absolutely a solid, solid pick. But for continuously trading down and out when there was still good talent available, this has been a very solid draft for us. The linch-pin here, to me, is Bennett. If he pans out then it's been all good.

Derinyar

Reaction score
I'm not sure we were looking for a RB to "take the load"

I think we are going to see a 60/40 split like we did most of last year.

ndanger

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057838 said:
Don't you guys feel kind of uncomfortable that they drafted a part-time back in the first round and now made up for it in the fourth round???

Nope sure don't.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Say Barber wants a billion dollars, though, and he leaves. I doubt it, but what if it happens?

Then we'd have Mendenhall and would still need someone else anyway. And whoever we got wouldn't have Felix's talent.

Temo

Reaction score
TEUFELI;2057811 said:
Jerry completely lied or didnt follow his own advice when he told ed werder that we werent looking for backups to our 13 probowlers...

Really Jerry???

Felix - back up rb

Jenkins - back up cb

Bennett - back up te

Choice - back back up rb

Solid Jerry.

I'm gonna go with he lied, because really there was no player on the board that would have FOR SURE came in and started for the cowboys right away. Can you give me one guy like that? MAYBE a WR in the first round, but onlly if Terry Glenn is def. done and you're content with paying Crayton #2 WR money for #3 production.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057852 said:
Why??? The Giants had a bunch of free agents backing up Jacobs last year and it worked out for them...the Packers started a seventh rounder and won just as many games as the Boys.

So apply that to the wr position I mean when NE won 3 superbowls they had who at wr solid guys that ran there routes and made tough catches

Funny how they went to a star primadonna wr and lost :eek:

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
ndanger;2057850 said:
I don't follow your logic.Even if we had taken Mendinghall we would have still needed another back.Unless your comfortable With Alonzo Coleman who is coming off an injury.I guess that's what you're saying?

Mendenhall is big enough to carry most of the load and is able to play three downs, and it's much easier to find a part time back via trade, ufa's or vet fa's. They should have used the pick on Marcus Monk Athyba Rubin or Jerome Simpson....to me this is a waste of a pick because Jerry made an enormous blunder with his first pick.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
Could this mean that the Dallas front office is basically assuming that Barber WON'T be around after this season, and just preparing now? To me, it seems like a 3rd RB could be found after the draft or the later rounds (6/7th).

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057813 said:
I have nothing against Choice, but had JJ picked Mendenhall in the first this would not have been neccessary. Jones is probably never going to be a full time back, now he has to find another back to compensate in case Barber bolts or gets injured.
This is exactly why draft mistakes come back to haunt you.

Yeah, but if you take Mendenhall, then you don't have the added dimension to the offense that Jones brings. You also don't have a dynamic kick returner. What you would have is a full blown Rb controversy that probably pisses off Barber. Mendenhall is very similar to Barber and if you take him in the 1st then he is competition for starting RB. Jones, on the other hand, is not competion for the starting job and adds a new dimension that the offense currently doesn't have. It was the right move.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
TEUFELI;2057811 said:
Jerry completely lied or didnt follow his own advice when he told ed werder that we werent looking for backups to our 13 probowlers...

Really Jerry???

Felix - back up rb

Jenkins - back up cb

Bennett - back up te

Choice - back back up rb

Solid Jerry.

Find me a position where we wouldn't be drafting a backup.

I won't wait around for your response.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Derinyar;2057856 said:
I'm not sure we were looking for a RB to "take the load"

I think we are going to see a 60/40 split like we did most of last year.

Notice I said "and he won't have to". I like this pick because it serves two purposes. If MB3's running style doesn't pan out we have a stout choice in Tashard to step in and play that role. This also allows more *options with Felix if Tashard pans out in TC and actually shows early promise. *(slot, little WR)

Not to mention Tashard is insurance just in case MB3 decided to stick it to the Boys. I'm a big MB3 fan so I see us having all three for a good while. win win in day two.

parchy

Reaction score
Oh_Canada;2057813 said:
I have nothing against Choice, but had JJ picked Mendenhall in the first this would not have been neccessary. Jones is probably never going to be a full time back, now he has to find another back to compensate in case Barber bolts or gets injured.
This is exactly why draft mistakes come back to haunt you.

How would it not have been necessary? We'd still only have two RBs on the roster with those two. Now we have three very solid guys, all three of whom are probably threats to go for 100 any given weekend.

Shady12

Reaction score
I like him and he'll be good to have if MB goes down..but will he even be active on game days as long as the other two are healthy?

Ren

Reaction score
Good pick

but i'm still worried about our WR depth

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
another thing to consider, CHoice is considered to be a very good blocker

we might see him line up at FB in some plays

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Hey, so are we going to going to carry 3 running backs on the 53 man roster? Cause you know he would be picked off our practice squad...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just really hope Tashard Choice isnt our new 2 yards and a cloud of dust runner.

He does some things I like with his vision and ability to cut but his feet are slow and he looks like he is always stuck in 3rd gear.