Oh those classy Eagles fans.....

AJM1613

Reaction score
KINGBRICE_28 said:
um....just out of curiosity

AJM: Do you feel as if you are still defending your original statement that was blown out of proportion?

Most of it...

except for the women, That shouldn't happen.

Merlin

Reaction score
I agree with AJM. If you have been warned, then you probably shouldn't have done that, ie wear the jersey. That doesn't mean that what the Eagle fans did was not wrong by any means. It is inexcusable to say the least. It means you should exercise good judgment at times. Would you go to a gang neighborhood and wear the wrong colors and then be surprised when something really bad happens (and it will)? Of course, nothing might not happen but I wouldn't try that too many times.

Going to an Eagles game wearing the opposing team's jersey is like going to a gang neighborhood with the wrong colors.
:iggles:

Obviously, the NFL and the Eagles organization need to step up with better security before something really bad happens like the Detroit/Indiana basketball game.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Merlin said:
I agree with AJM. If you have been warned, then you probably shouldn't have done that, ie wear the jersey. That doesn't mean that what the Eagle fans did was not wrong by any means. It is inexcusable to say the least. It means you should exercise good judgment at times. Would you go to a gang neighborhood and wear the wrong colors and then be surprised when something really bad happens (and it will)? Of course, nothing might not happen but I wouldn't try that too many times.

Going to an Eagles game wearing the opposing team's jersey is like going to a gang neighborhood with the wrong colors.
:iggles:

Obviously, the NFL and the Eagles organization need to step up with better security before something really bad happens like the Detroit/Indiana basketball game.

You :hammer: ... GANG MENTALITY...

This is a free country... any fan that chooses to wear an opponent's jersey is COMPLETELY within their rights as an American citizen... they paid for the ticket and have just as much of a right to enjoy the game, unfettered, as any Eagle fan in the stadium...

Apparently security is lax by choice... these situations CAN be contained...

The gang mentality these thugs, and they are nothing short of that, exhibit in Philly is absolutely disgraceful to not only the city of Philadelphia but to this entire country...

Once the lawsuits start maybe the Linc will put a stop to this ignorance...

I have gone to dozens of games in Texas Stadium over the years and have never witnessed anything remotely approaching what comes out of the Liberty Bell City...

These fans need to realize this is not a "gang turf war" but rather a sporting event to be enjoyed by all that attend...

There IS no excuse for how they behave... NONE ZERO ZILCH NADA... they wear it as a badge of honor... I see it as pure unadulterated criminal activity...

Merlin

Reaction score
trickblue said:
This is a free country... any fan that chooses to wear an opponent's jersey is COMPLETELY within their rights as an American citizen... they paid for the ticket and have just as much of a right to enjoy the game, unfettered, as any Eagle fan in the stadium...

Just because you have a right to do something doesn't always mean it's in your best interest to do so.
:rolleyes:
Police give warnings on precautions to take all the time. They do so for a reason.

Like I said earlier, you should have a right to go anywhere in this country but sometimes if you are the wrong color or at the wrong place or just have some bad luck or countless of other things, then something bad could happen.

Use some common sense and exercise some good judgment. Let the NFL and the Eagle's organization clean up the problem first, then wear your jerseys. Until then, wear them at your own risk.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Merlin said:
Just because you have a right to do something doesn't always mean it's in your best interest to do so.
:rolleyes:
Police give warnings on precautions to take all the time. They do so for a reason.

Like I said earlier, you should have a right to go anywhere in this country but sometimes if you are the wrong color or at the wrong place or just have some bad luck or countless of other things, then something bad could happen.

Use some common sense and exercise some good judgment. Let the NFL and the Eagle's organization clean up the problem first, then wear your jerseys. Until then, wear them at your own risk.

That's my whole point... this is a SPORTING event...

But as we all know... sportsmanship went out the door with tacky endzone celebrations and taunting...

The fact that this happens at a liesure-time event makes it that much worse...