Oh those classy Eagles fans.....

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I'M NOT MAKING EXCUSES.

IT WAS WRONG...I KNOW... :rolleyes:
AJM...I'm glad you realize those fans are wrong.

Please just quit blaming the Viking fans because they were supposedly "warned."

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't care if the city doesn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl, the team does and I want one.

and if you do happen to get a Lombardi one day... remember... you will still only feel 1/5 as good as Cowboy fans do... :D

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Mr. Hostile:

I agree. This MB is one of the more lenient MBs toward opponent team fans. That's why I'd ask that everyone give him the benefit of the doubt. AJM is a "Senior Member," of the Cowboys zone; with up to now, a high standing posting record. I believe AJM has already apologized by saying that his words came out wrong. I've followed AJMs posts for some time -- in the majority of his posts he gives both pros and cons with fairs assessments about football related issues.

His comments were not directed toward a Cowboys fan, nor this board. Heck, he didn't even support the bad treatment of the "Vikings fan." If you can't overlook one bad post from a senior member in good standing; what chance do any of the rest of us have to successfully contribute to some good honest football chatter.

Let it go!
I have enjoyed your posts more than most Eagles fans who have ever posted here.

No he didn't apologize for it. Look at how he responded to my post, by taunting me to go ahead and ban him. I didn't even say I was going to ban him. I said if he ends up banned I won't feel it is a loss, and I won't. He is approaching troll status in a hurry.

What he said was 100% wrong. There is no excuse.

I would feel the same if it was said by one of my fellow Mods, a Cowboys fan, or any other fan. My distaste for that kind of mentality has nothing to do with him being an Eagles fan. Not thing one to do with it.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I agree with most of what you said, but I don't care if the city doesn't deserve to go to the Super Bowl, the team does and I want one.

empty-case.jpg

ha ha hah aha ha!! GET USED TO THIS PIC!!!

AJM1613

Reaction score
Waffle said:
AJM...I'm glad you realize those fans are wrong.

Please just quit blaming the Viking fans because they were supposedly "warned."

I admit that I didn't read the whole article because I find these annoying and repetitive, so I just went back to read it and here's my take.

The fans were wrong, you go to other teams stadiums expecting some kind of taunting (I get it going to other team's stadiums...but I'm not an old women), but the bottle to the head was wrong, the taunting of the women was wrong (that is beyond just being "warned")...

Waffle

Not Just For Breakfast Anymore
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
I admit that I didn't read the whole article because I find these annoying and repetitive, so I just went back to read it and here's my take.

The fans were wrong, you go to other teams stadiums expecting some kind of taunting (I get it going to other team's stadiums...but I'm not an old women), but the bottle to the head was wrong, the taunting of the women was wrong (that is beyond just being "warned")...
Just me, but I find these Eagle fan's behavior "annoying and repetitive", not the articles that describe the behavior.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
cajuncowboy said:
I don't think throwing a bottle at a woman is blowing it out of proportion. I don't think threatening people is blowing it out of proportion.

Hey Im not here to defend those people I am just saying if you go to an Eagles game or anywhere for that matter and root for the other team, wear a jersey and are open and even a little loud about it is not a foregone conclusion that people are going to bother you. They shouldnt and I would bet that it usually does not happen, I bet throwing bottles is pretty rare. Hey maybe Im wrong, Im just sharing my experiences. Same thing with Yankee stadium, Ive gone and rooted for the Red Sox and Mets there and never worry about trouble.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
No he didn't apologize for it. Look at how he responded to my post, by taunting me to go ahead and ban him. I didn't even say I was going to ban him. I said if he ends up banned I won't feel it is a loss, and I won't. He is approaching troll status in a hurry.

What he said was 100% wrong. There is no excuse.

I would feel the same if it was said by one of my fellow Mods, a Cowboys fan, or any other fan. My distaste for that kind of mentality has nothing to do with him being an Eagles fan. Not thing one to do with it.

Taunting you? I misread you post and thought it was a threat to ban me...the "strike 2" didn't help.

Troll? Because I don't think people should complain about something they know is going to happen? It has nothing to do with what it is, if you knowingly lie on an ant hill, you know you're going to be bit. If you stick your hand in the fire, you're going to get burned. I'm sorry you don't agree with my mentality.

I'm not making excuses for the fans, what they did was wrong and it's sad that you need a warning/protection.

They were taunted, obviously, just like you would at any oposing team's sports events durring the playoffs. The fans were bad, obviously, just like you have been hearing for the past 30 years.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
No disrespect Intended Mr Heavy Hitta 31, but there were more than 67,722 people at the Linc -- this was one of two huge playoff games "one or two fans" get bumped a little and it becomes blown completely out of proportion!

It's rediculous to compare that NBA brawl with being "pushed/bumped" during an NFL playoff game with more than 67,000 people.
"This was 10 times worse," he said.

"The fans were obnoxious," Chris Liwienski said from the Vikings locker room. "They were chanting stuff to Randy [Moss] throughout the game. You expect that, but you don't expect them to abuse people in the stands trying to enjoy the game."
Shouting and making noise at players is traditional. It would be un-American not to call a baseball referee blind as a bat!

Fans everywhere get out of hand, so I don't Know ...maybe this article was Placed by some sore losers. At least no one "mooned" anyone!

Yeah......they were just isolated incidents.... :rolleyes:

I mean, not every fan in the stands threw snowballs at Santa, or threw batteries and snowballs at the Cowboys. Not every fan jeered Joe J on the loss of his son's life. Not every fan stood up and cheered when it appeared that Michael Irvin might be paralyzed.

Sure are a lot of isolated incidents aren't there? This tells me something.

Either there are just a few jerks that go to these games that ruin it for others. These folks should be discovered and have their tickets revoked.

or....

Most Eagle-fans are weenie-buttfaces.....they're all jerks, and therefore are undeserving of respect.

What is the truth?

Probably somewhere in the middle.

Merlin

Reaction score
Let's not get carried away with all of this. AJM shouldn't be banned for what he said. He gave his opinion on the matter just like everyone else. He didn't word it in the best manner but I understood what he meant when he made those statements. The statement about someone getting killed was made partly in jest but because the fans over there are rude and ignorant, something bad could happen. So it was half-serious as well with the death part probably being an over-exaggeration. The Eagles fans collectively in general have proved time and time again that they have no class. I am sure that not all Eagle fans are bad people so I will not stereotype them all.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Taunting you? I misread you post and thought it was a threat to ban me...the "strike 2" didn't help.

Troll? Because I don't think people should complain about something they know is going to happen? It has nothing to do with what it is, if you knowingly lie on an ant hill, you know you're going to be bit. If you stick your hand in the fire, you're going to get burned. I'm sorry you don't agree with my mentality.

I'm not making excuses for the fans, what they did was wrong and it's sad that you need a warning/protection.

They were taunted, obviously, just like you would at any oposing team's sports events durring the playoffs. The fans were bad, obviously, just like you have been hearing for the past 30 years.
You know, your analogy of the ant hill would be a good one if people acted like ants.

You came at this topic with an attitude like you condoned the "tough guys" who would pick on a woman because she was "warned." On top of that telling us if we want to read about Falcons fans getting killed we should keep rooting for them.

Ooh, so tough.

You roll with the pigs you're going to get slop on you and you are rolling with the pigs tonight.

I could care less if the "strike 2" helped. If I threaten to ban you it will ALWAYS be via a PM entitled "Warning." Did you get such a PM from me? Let me answer for you...no. I do not threaten bans in front of the whole forum like other sites do with one exception. That was when several of your fellow Eagles fans (big surprise) decided to cause havoc here.

I do not put up with trolls, period.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Just a random question:

What happened to LaTunaNostra? Banned a mod? Something wrong?

I haven't seen her post in about a month.

AJM1613

Reaction score
Hostile said:
You came at this topic with an attitude like you condoned the "tough guys" who would pick on a woman because she was "warned."

Fans in general...I did not consider sex with the first comment, sorry.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
AJM1613 said:
Just a random question:

What happened to LaTunaNostra? Banned a mod? Something wrong?

I haven't seen her post in about a month.
Her Mother is seriously ill and she is taking care of her. We miss her and hope she returns when she can.

Champsheart

Reaction score
Hostile said:
Her Mother is seriously ill and she is taking care of her. We miss her and hope she returns when she can.

OH WOW! I did not know that. I was wondering where she was.

Thanks for the info, I will send my prayers!

CaptainComeback

Reaction score
Everlastingxxx said:
You know, Home games are for the home team. Was embarrassing to see all those Steeler fans at Texas Stadium. Wish Cowboy fans protected home turf the way Philly fans do.

I hate Philly and Philly fans, but damn...wearing a Randy Moss jersey to a Philly playoff game? Come on, common sense.
So according to you, Cowboy fans have the right to beat the **** outta any fan wearing the opposing team's jerseys at Texas Stadium.

kmp77

Reaction score
The league needs to do more to protect fans etc. I was at a Cowboys game and there were quite a few Giant fans in gear. No one gave them a hard time or said anything to them. I've heard other fans too saying that they didnt have a problem at all going into Texas Stadium in opposing gear. What separates texas fans and philly fans? How can one group act like adults and the other act like children? Sitting there looking at opposing fans....the thought to yell at them or throw something at them never once crossed my mind. Maybe i'm just not a diehard fan like those Philly "morans."

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
I pray the contractor that poured the cement at Lincoln Financial Field. Used substandared materials.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
What AJM was stupid more than it was offensive IMO, its just something that didnt need to be said. I believe there was a little sarcasm and, while Im not defendinf it, dont think its anything worthy of banishment or anything like that. I generally enjoy him as far as Eagle fans go and I doubt he is a thug like so many Eagle fans. To post over 2000 times as an Eagle on a Cowboy's board without getting banned tells me these things. I dont think he "wishing" or "threatening" death on anyone, it was more of a metaphor for the angfer Eagle fans would feal after their 4th straight conference title loss.