Ohio State puts Urban Meyer on administrative leave

lukin2006

Reaction score
I find it very hard to believe that somebody would park there by mistake. Those kinds of things are normally pretty clearly marked and they are that way for a reason. Specifically so that nobody makes that mistake. However, it's possible that it was a mistake but that's kinda the point right? I mean, there are two sides to every story. Just as it could be a mistake, it's just as likely, and probably even more so, that it was not a mistake. We can't make decisions on people based on half told stories. We don't know all the facts so it's probably unfair to say that this person is this or this person is that, based on hearsay etc.

JMO

Fair enough. The truth I'm a Wolverine fan. So I expect this kind of behaviour from OSU coaches ...;)

Ghost12

Reaction score
Yeah, that's a drag but remember, there are two sides to every story. Think about what you wrote here. If the entire parking lot is empty and somebody parks in a spot, that I'm sure is clearly marked as reserved, what do you think that's about?
According to the article, there is no marking that it is reserved, it is just something "everyone knows" - and I sure can see any markings or signage in the photo.

If someone did that to me, they would come back to their car with a 12 inch gash on their door.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I mentioned this earlier but timing might play a part here.

Meyer signed this contract with the Title IX language in it after all of this happened. I am not certain if events that happened, prior to signing this contract, have precedents. That's a legal question that I do not know the answer to. Perhaps somebody more learned can weigh in on this.
I have been saying all along that what I believe will decide his employment at OSU will be whether or not he lied to the admin last month when all this came to light. He got caught red handed lying to the media, but that's no big deal. Whether or not he lied to his bosses is key. The fact that the incident took place before the new contract (extension) won't help him if he lied about it just last month.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
According to the article, there is no marking that it is reserved, it is just something "everyone knows" - and I sure can see any markings or signage in the photo.

If someone did that to me, they would come back to their car with a 12 inch gash on their door.

Have you ever seen any kind of exec of any major organization who did not have a spot marked? Honestly, that just doesn't ring true to me. But to my point, that just illustrates the point even further. We don't know all sides of the story. That's the point. A parking space is not the point.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I have been saying all along that what I believe will decide his employment at OSU will be whether or not he lied to the admin last month when all this came to light. He got caught red handed lying to the media, but that's no big deal. Whether or not he lied to his bosses is key. The fact that the incident took place before the new contract (extension) won't help him if he lied about it just last month.

I don't know that to be a fact. As I said, I don't enough about the law to make any statements as fact but I think there is still some question there.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Have you ever seen any kind of exec of any major organization who did not have a spot marked? Honestly, that just doesn't ring true to me.
Here's the picture. Show me any sort of marking or indication that it is a reserved spot.

CHjfWywUAAAeswn.jpg

Ghost12

Reaction score
I don't know that to be a fact. As I said, I don't enough about the law to make any statements as fact but I think there is still some question there.
In matters of the law, there is always some question. That's why we have judges and courts. Having said that, IF he lied to admin last month (like he lied to the media) about this incident (and I am not saying I have any evidence that he did, I am merely speaking hypothetically) then they would have an extremely strong case to fire him for cause. I honestly can't see any court which would not consider lying to administration about domestic violence as grounds for termination without further pay.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
UM told a bold faced lie. That's always the issue these guys have.
They cover up so much crap that the lie ends up being the tipping point.

Briles defense was similar to what I am reading on this thread for UM... let the legal system and school handle it.
That's why he can't get a job at all.
If you are in charge you gotta act on stuff like this in some way and be transparent. These poor overworked guys are only paid 6-8M a year to run the program, lol.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
ATTENTION PLEASE, The whole world has been put on administrative league until we get to the bottom of all these accusations floating around all over the place.

Did you ever have a date at the drive in theater back in your youth? Be forwarned you may be hearing from her lawyer soon whether you remember it or not.......if she said you did, you're automatically guilty.
This is largely nonsense.
As we saw with Jameis Winston and Baylor U there are pretty clearly still very high hurdles for women to clear to get action taken against sexual offenders.

I will say there absolutely needs to be equally harsh punishment for those accusers who are proven to be lying.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here's the picture. Show me any sort of marking or indication that it is a reserved spot.

CHjfWywUAAAeswn.jpg

There's a picture. There is nothing that indicates to me who's car that belongs to or what have you.

OK, so after having done some checking, which is really the last thing I wanted to have to do because really, this is not the discussion, this stupid parking deal, but whatever......

The car appears to be Meyers and the Jeep appears to belong to the the Duke Transfer Kicker Willoughby. Now, it could easily be that the guy didn't know who's spot it was but honestly, do you really think that this is the case? You don't know where your own Head Coach parks every single day for practice? Really?

This does not appear to be some random student or person who just didn't know what was up. The Jeep belongs to a player who parked in the Head Coach's spot. I don't feel sorry for that guy. If he's that stupid, then he gets what he deserves.

That's just my opinion.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In matters of the law, there is always some question. That's why we have judges and courts. Having said that, IF he lied to admin last month (like he lied to the media) about this incident (and I am not saying I have any evidence that he did, I am merely speaking hypothetically) then they would have an extremely strong case to fire him for cause. I honestly can't see any court which would not consider lying to administration about domestic violence as grounds for termination without further pay.

There is precedents in prior legal cases that I am sure would apply and that has nothing at all to do with Judges or what have you. That is what I do not know. What does the law actually say in matters such as this. When is the contractual terms of his latest contract binding. Does it go back and can the language be applied to anything that happened prior to signing the new contract? That is the question I would like to understand the answer to.

Ghost12

Reaction score
This is largely nonsense.
As we saw with Jameis Winston and Baylor U there are pretty clearly still very high hurdles for women to clear to get action taken against sexual offenders.
The Jameis Winston situation is a perfect example of modern society: It is very difficult to get a criminal conviction in these cases, but it sure is awfully easy to get a financial settlement.

Ghost12

Reaction score
The car appears to be Meyers and the Jeep appears to belong to the the Duke Transfer Kicker Willoughby. Now, it could easily be that the guy didn't know who's spot it was but honestly, do you really think that this is the case?
Uh, yeah I do. Do you honestly think a brand new player on the team knew it was the coach's spot and parked there anyway?
You don't know where your own Head Coach parks every single day for practice? Really?
Why is that so far fetched? Look at the timestamp of the tweet. It is from June of the summer after Willoughby left Duke and prior to arriving at OSU. It is 100% plausible to think that it was a new player who just didn't know it was the coach's spot.

As I showed above, your own scenario is the one that is ridiculously far fetched. Do you honestly think a new transfer - a kicker no less - knew it was the coach's spot and decided to park there anyway? Really...??

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Uh, yeah I do. Do you honestly think a brand new player on the team knew it was the coach's spot and parked there anyway?

I think that this is probably a situation in which the Coach was trying to teach a lesson. I think that's clear by the tweets of the players. I think he probably wasn't the first player to park in Meyers spot and I think he found out what happens in those situations.

Why is that so far fetched? Look at the timestamp of the tweet. It is from June of the summer after Willoughby left Duke and prior to arriving at OSU. It is 100% plausible to think that it was a new player who just didn't know it was the coach's spot.

Honestly, he could have had the car towed or any number of things. I don't really see the problem here. You assume that the student didn't know but that assumption could be completely wrong. That's the whole point here. You don't know.

As I showed above, your own scenario is the one that is ridiculously far fetched. Do you honestly think a new transfer - a kicker no less - knew it was the coach's spot and decided to park there anyway? Really...??

I think if he didn't know then, then he knows now.

You know what else I think, I think this car parking incident is not the point here.

Last edited: