Oklahoma Sooners/Texas Longhorns RRR 2011

jimmy40

Reaction score
Dallas Cowboys Fan;4169617 said:
The Cowboys loss last week pales in comparison to the loss suffered by Texas today. I am absolutely embarrassed to be a Texas Longhorns fan. It's one thing to be beat, it's another thing to just not show up. Texas was punked today. They looked like a bunch of little kids out there going up against a big bully who they knew is bigger than them.
come on dude, we showed up just fine. we just got our ***** handed to us by a team that's way the hell better.

MC KAos

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4169507 said:
Really ? :eek:

Everyone has a young team, it's college and UT gets the best talent out of Texas !

Until UT finds a QB that can toss the ball further than grade schooler they are doomed.

well you see, there is this thing in college and high school call a class. you see a person's first year in college, they are freshmen, second year, sophomores, third year, juniors and fourth year they are seniors. i dont know if you knew this, but there is quite a big difference mentally and physically between an 18 or 19 year old and a 22 or 23 year old. texas has a lot of players, specially at the skill positions that are "freshmen" this means they are in their first year of college, and are about 18 years old. i dont know if you knew this, but 18 is less than 22

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4169448 said:
Take this little post of yours and roll it up in a tight little ball and choke on it, please?

You are an embarrassment to UT fans, and you always have been. :D

Boomer
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: nice to see I got under your skin.....HOORAY BIGGEMS!!!

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
MC KAos;4169645 said:
well you see, there is this thing in college and high school call a class. you see a person's first year in college, they are freshmen, second year, sophomores, third year, juniors and fourth year they are seniors. i dont know if you knew this, but there is quite a big difference mentally and physically between an 18 or 19 year old and a 22 or 23 year old. texas has a lot of players, specially at the skill positions that are "freshmen" this means they are in their first year of college, and are about 18 years old. i dont know if you knew this, but 18 is less than 22

Seniors - Texas - 11
Seniors - OU - 15

Juniors - Texas - 15
Juniors - OU - 20

Texas has 59 underclassmen, OU has 50.

Next excuse please......:rolleyes:

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4170445 said:
Seniors - Texas - 11
Seniors - OU - 15

Juniors - Texas - 15
Juniors - OU - 20

about time to start talking smack to LSU and Alabama fans isn't it?

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Seniors - Texas - 11
Seniors - OU - 15

Juniors - Texas - 15
Juniors - OU - 20

How many underclassmen are starting at the skill positions?

Take your win and move along...

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Im not even blaming all of Texas's youth. Im putting that whole game on their QB situation.

Put Landry with Texas and Case/Ash with OU and you probably get the same results on opposite sides.

Yesterday was all about the Quarterback.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Biggems;4170427 said:
:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: nice to see I got under your skin.....HOORAY BIGGEMS!!!

I was just stating the obvious. :D Im glad you got something good happening for you from yesterday.

One must have goals! HaHa!

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I don't think saying Texas has a lot of inexperience at many of the skill position and really through out the team is just a fact. Landry and much of this OU team has been on the big stage over the last 2 season for Texas this was their 1st for much of this team. I congratulate OU on the dominate win they had. As a Texas fan I hope this experience for the Horns will serve as a teaching moment.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4170926 said:
I don't think saying Texas has a lot of inexperience at many of the skill position and really through out the team is just a fact. Landry and much of this OU team has been on the big stage over the last 2 season for Texas this was their 1st for much of this team. I congratulate OU on the dominate win they had. As a Texas fan I hope this experience for the Horns will serve as a teaching moment.

While I hope it causes them to focus solely on getting revenge.

And then we all get to throw some cyber crimson-colored tomatoes at Dallas and Bonecrusher. ;)

MC KAos

Reaction score
Seniors - Texas - 11
Seniors - OU - 15

Juniors - Texas - 15
Juniors - OU - 20

trickblue;4170643 said:
How many underclassmen are starting at the skill positions?

Take your win and move along...

i dont need to add anything to this, trickblue hit it on the head

CATCH17;4170706 said:
Im not even blaming all of Texas's youth. Im putting that whole game on their QB situation.

Put Landry with Texas and Case/Ash with OU and you probably get the same results on opposite sides.

but the QB situation is the way it is because landry is a senior that has basically played four years now while case and ash are first year starters, with one being a true freshman and the other a true sophomore.

and besides that, our starting RB and #1 receiver are true freshmen and number 2 receiver is a true sophomore. i think youth is the reason we got destroyed, and its not an excuse its a fact, like me saying "OU is a MUCH better team than Texas this year" which is also a fact. its not an excuse, its one of the main reasons WHY OU is so much better than us.

Draegerman;4171239 said:
While I hope it causes them to focus solely on getting revenge.

And then we all get to throw some cyber crimson-colored tomatoes at Dallas and Bonecrusher. ;)

i think we need to just pick 1 quarterback and stick with him, i dont like the whole 2 QB system, it doesnt allow one of them to get into a rhythm. its one thing if they wanted to bring ash just on some packages here or there, but it seems like they rotate in and out like running backs!

i personally think they should go with ash

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
MC KAos;4171548 said:
i dont need to add anything to this, trickblue hit it on the head

but the QB situation is the way it is because landry is a senior that has basically played four years now while case and ash are first year starters, with one being a true freshman and the other a true sophomore.

and besides that, our starting RB and #1 receiver are true freshmen and number 2 receiver is a true sophomore. i think youth is the reason we got destroyed, and its not an excuse its a fact, like me saying "OU is a MUCH better team than Texas this year" which is also a fact. its not an excuse, its one of the main reasons WHY OU is so much better than us.

i think we need to just pick 1 quarterback and stick with him, i dont like the whole 2 QB system, it doesnt allow one of them to get into a rhythm. its one thing if they wanted to bring ash just on some packages here or there, but it seems like they rotate in and out like running backs!

i personally think they should go with ash

Do you reseach anything? Landry Jones is a junior and will most likely be back next year. :D

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;4171900 said:
Do you reseach anything? Landry Jones is a junior and will most likely be back next year. :D

If so then chalk up back to back to back RRR's for the Sooners.

Texas won't beat OU without a QB.

I bet Connor Wood is laughing about this somewhere. No way could he have been worse than what Texas is putting out there.

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;4170706 said:

No, it is all about line play. The Texas offensive and defensive lines are their weak areas. The offensive line isn't good enough to succeed against the really good teams even with a good experienced QB. Put in a couple of young guys and it isn't pretty. The d-line is not a force. They are ok, but they rely a lot on schemes to create pressure. I don't see the d-line win a lot of their one-on-one match ups or just dominate and control an offensive line.

Schemes can only take you so far. To truly be a great team, you have to beat the guy in front of you. Texas doesn't do that enough on their lines.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
joseephuss;4172005 said:
No, it is all about line play. The Texas offensive and defensive lines are their weak areas. The offensive line isn't good enough to succeed against the really good teams even with a good experienced QB. Put in a couple of young guys and it isn't pretty. The d-line is not a force. They are ok, but they rely a lot on schemes to create pressure. I don't see the d-line win a lot of their one-on-one match ups or just dominate and control an offensive line.

Schemes can only take you so far. To truly be a great team, you have to beat the guy in front of you. Texas doesn't do that enough on their lines.

I think your case about Texas on the OL is a fair statement. I don't think your statement about the Texas DLine is a fair statement. I think Texas is much better in their front seven then what is being discussed here. The Texas OL will be much better next year as more an more depth comes into the program and more and more time is spent on the new Offensive scheme. One are that Texas needs to get much better at, IMO, is WR blocking in the running game and short passing game and their use of the TE. For as long as I have watched Oklahoma under Stoops, OU has had pretty good speed at LB. They use the LBs to disrupt a lot of things at OU. The two ways to defeat that are to have a mobile QB who can make you pay for moving your LBs all over the field and a good pass catching TE.

In the game against Texas last Saturday, OU brought a lot of Corner Blitz action. Texas had a lot of open guys in the pattern but they couldn't deliver the ball. Both young QBs did a poor job of recognizing the corner blitz and they paid for it. As time goes on, they will get better at that but Texas didn't do a very good job of getting those guys ready for that. That's on the Texas Coaching staff IMO. That blitz is not on the OL. That's the QBs man and if you break contain on that, you usually have a big play down field or a lot of room to run.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4170711 said:
I was just stating the obvious. :D Im glad you got something good happening for you from yesterday.

One must have goals! HaHa!

just out of curiosity, what makes me an embarrassment to Longhorns fans, since you are such an expert on the subject?