Oklahoma Sooners/Texas Longhorns RRR 2011

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
props to the POS Crimson and Cream....they manhandled, lamb-basted, demolished, demoralized, and went totally medieval on the Burnt Orange today.

from start to finish it was all OU (PUKE).....

just a few thoughts.....

1. Nice to see Texas get almost no pressure on LJ, while at the same time leaving the receivers wide open. I am very disappointed in the defensive game plan by Diaz. Either sacrifice pressure for mass coverage, or sacrifice coverage for mass pressure. He did neither. Other than the long run by Whaley, we did do a good job of stopping the run.....but then again, OU never had to run, since they were passing at will. How do you give up 30 yds on a 3rd and 25....NO PRESSURE AND ZERO COVERAGE....that is how.

I have to credit the OU OL for keeping Landry clean for almost the entire game. I have to give credit to Jones for putting the ball where it needed to be put. I have to credit the OU WRs for finding all the open areas of the field, catching the ball, and making plays.

2. I am not happy with the Offensive gameplan either. I wanted to see more Brown and Whittaker. I think we abandoned the run far too soon and put the ball in the hands of our two young QBs far too much. Against a veteran OU defense, it was a gameplan for failure. I cannot put too much of the blame on the QBs, since our OL was about as porous as a sponge. We had some decent success running the ball and could have had more with more commitment. Unfortunately, we went to the pass....fumbled snaps, no blocking, sacks, fumbles, interceptions, 3 defensive TDs, 5 turnovers....it was the same ole pile on that happened a few times in the early 2000s. Also, those cute trick plays work on Rice and ISU, but not on the speed and discipline of OU. They blew up every single trick play. I dont mind one or two, but not so many when we need positive yards.....all those plays did was lose yardage and kill any momentum we were having.

While I blame the playcalling, I also have to blame the OU defense. 11 guys felt more like 22 out there. They were swarming like killer bees protecting their hive. They were very aggressive and opportunistic. So props to their D.

I am happy with the fight of the Horns. In years past, they would have tucked tail and quit. At least this group kept fighting, in vain, but fighting nonetheless.

Also, I want Fozzy Whittaker in Big D. Now that he is completely healthy, he is a beast....I like that he runs with purpose. He shows power, speed, elusiveness, and vision. He can catch it out of the backfield, blocks well in pass protection, and even returns kicks. I have been down on Whittaker during his stay in Austin, but he has been playing hurt each year. You can really see the difference in his game now that he is healthy. Imagine how good he could be if the Texas OL could block a mannequin.

Bring on the Cowboys.....

HOOK EM HORNS

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Chocolate Lab;4169359 said:
No offense to any UT fans, but I never thought they were very good this year. Wasn't this supposed to still be a rebuilding year anyway? Seems like some people got fooled by their beating a bunch of cupcakes so far. I'm sure they'll be back soon, but IMO they aren't that talented, and the talent they do have is still too young.

I think Texas is probably going to lose handily to OSU, and will have trouble with Baylor.

I dunno, OU showed me in that Florida State game that their defense was for real. It looked to be a huge step above the average Big 12 defense. Like Phoenix said, they almost look like a good SEC team.

Oklahoma would mop the floor with any SEC team with the one possible exception of LSU.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Risen Star;4169362 said:
Oklahoma would mop the floor with any SEC team with the one possible exception of LSU.

Oh, I agree. I was thinking more of the very good SEC teams of the last several years, not just this one.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Risen Star;4169362 said:

thats if they get there

I say it the Tide

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
UnoDallas;4169365 said:
thats if they get there

I say it the Tide

I could see that. I think Alabama is the best team in the country but it's so close between the three that I don't have much confidence in that statement.

I know I like their coach better than ours.

MC KAos

Reaction score
in the words of my hispanic ancestors, que vergueada!!! but hey, we have a young team, hopefully they will learn from it, get better and give em hell next year!

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
OU... Game.Set.Match.

They have a really good team... UT is young and I hope thy learned from today...

OU will definitely benefit on 11/05 on way or another...

StylisticS

Reaction score
Well everyone agrees. Mack needs to find a QB. Roll with either Ash or Case. Heard sokething interesting today. Mack is responsible for three of the biggest blowouts in the rivalry and all of them was around the time where Mack didnt have a full complete decision at QB. 2000 was major and simms. 2003 was VY and Mock. This is now a pattern. Find a QB and progress from there.

Also, it is unacceptable how bad the offensive line has been. Haven't had a good one since 2008. Soft and unathletic should not be the standard. Same with the Dline. No pressure after OU made adjustments.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
Risen Star;4169366 said:
I could see that. I think Alabama is the best team in the country but it's so close between the three that I don't have much confidence in that statement.

I know I like their coach better than ours.

I think right now I put them

Tide - defense & T Richardson

OK

Lsu

it should be exciting to watch

Ren

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4169316 said:
It's gonna take more than a year for UT to catch up to OU..

Brotheeerrrr

depends on how many players OU has coming back, wasn't more then 2 years ago since the roles were reversed

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Biggems;4169360 said:
props to the POS Crimson and Cream....they manhandled, lamb-basted, demolished, demoralized, and went totally medieval on the Burnt Orange today.

from start to finish it was all OU (PUKE).....

just a few thoughts.....

1. Nice to see Texas get almost no pressure on LJ, while at the same time leaving the receivers wide open. I am very disappointed in the defensive game plan by Diaz. Either sacrifice pressure for mass coverage, or sacrifice coverage for mass pressure. He did neither. Other than the long run by Whaley, we did do a good job of stopping the run.....but then again, OU never had to run, since they were passing at will. How do you give up 30 yds on a 3rd and 25....NO PRESSURE AND ZERO COVERAGE....that is how.

I have to credit the OU OL for keeping Landry clean for almost the entire game. I have to give credit to Jones for putting the ball where it needed to be put. I have to credit the OU WRs for finding all the open areas of the field, catching the ball, and making plays.

2. I am not happy with the Offensive gameplan either. I wanted to see more Brown and Whittaker. I think we abandoned the run far too soon and put the ball in the hands of our two young QBs far too much. Against a veteran OU defense, it was a gameplan for failure. I cannot put too much of the blame on the QBs, since our OL was about as porous as a sponge. We had some decent success running the ball and could have had more with more commitment. Unfortunately, we went to the pass....fumbled snaps, no blocking, sacks, fumbles, interceptions, 3 defensive TDs, 5 turnovers....it was the same ole pile on that happened a few times in the early 2000s. Also, those cute trick plays work on Rice and ISU, but not on the speed and discipline of OU. They blew up every single trick play. I dont mind one or two, but not so many when we need positive yards.....all those plays did was lose yardage and kill any momentum we were having.

While I blame the playcalling, I also have to blame the OU defense. 11 guys felt more like 22 out there. They were swarming like killer bees protecting their hive. They were very aggressive and opportunistic. So props to their D.

I am happy with the fight of the Horns. In years past, they would have tucked tail and quit. At least this group kept fighting, in vain, but fighting nonetheless.

Also, I want Fozzy Whittaker in Big D. Now that he is completely healthy, he is a beast....I like that he runs with purpose. He shows power, speed, elusiveness, and vision. He can catch it out of the backfield, blocks well in pass protection, and even returns kicks. I have been down on Whittaker during his stay in Austin, but he has been playing hurt each year. You can really see the difference in his game now that he is healthy. Imagine how good he could be if the Texas OL could block a mannequin.

Bring on the Cowboys.....

HOOK EM HORNS

Take this little post of yours and roll it up in a tight little ball and choke on it, please?

You are an embarrassment to UT fans, and you always have been. :D

Boomer

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Ren;4169437 said:
depends on how many players OU has coming back, wasn't more then 2 years ago since the roles were reversed

You will get those mean ole Sooners next year, if not the year after that, or the year after that.

:rolleyes:

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
Dallas;4169450 said:
You will get those mean ole Sooners next year, if not the year after that, or the year after that.

Gloating suits you. Granted, those opportunities are few and far between but, nevertheless, you seem to wear it well.

;)

Bonecrusher#31

Reaction score
MC KAos;4169368 said:
in the words of my hispanic ancestors, que vergueada!!! but hey, we have a young team, hopefully they will learn from it, get better and give em hell next year!

Really ? :eek:

Everyone has a young team, it's college and UT gets the best talent out of Texas !

Until UT finds a QB that can toss the ball further than grade schooler they are doomed.

jimmy40

Reaction score
this game went exactly how I saw it coming except OU didn't run the ball straight up the gut as much as they could have.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4169507 said:

Everyone has a young team, it's college and UT gets the best talent out of Texas !

Until UT finds a QB that can toss the ball further than grade schooler they are doomed.
UT is weak in the trenches, 90% of the problem.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Bonecrusher#31;4169507 said:

OU was the bomd today... out and out the best..

Ash has a HUGE arm... can you link to your sources otherwise?

Not getting these scouting reports...

jimmy40

Reaction score
trickblue;4169527 said:
OU was the bomd today... out and out the best..

Ash has a HUGE arm... can you link to your sources otherwise?

Not getting these scouting reports...
you're not using aggie logic, one bad pass = weak arm.

Reaction score
The Cowboys loss last week pales in comparison to the loss suffered by Texas today. I am absolutely embarrassed to be a Texas Longhorns fan. It's one thing to be beat, it's another thing to just not show up. Texas was punked today. They looked like a bunch of little kids out there going up against a big bully who they knew is bigger than them.