Oklahoma Sooners/Texas Longhorns RRR 2011

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4171900 said:
Do you reseach anything? Landry Jones is a junior and will most likely be back next year. :D

are you sure? many mocks have him as a sure fire top 10 pick as of right now. I doubt he has made a decision to stay or go just yet. He probably won't make up his mind until after the bowl game.

I honestly see him bolting to the NFL. He really has nothing else to prove in college.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Biggems;4172227 said:
are you sure? many mocks have him as a sure fire top 10 pick as of right now. I doubt he has made a decision to stay or go just yet. He probably won't make up his mind until after the bowl game.

I honestly see him bolting to the NFL. He really has nothing else to prove in college.

It's the Oklahoma way. Everyone feels Landry will return because of his new wife and her studies at Oklahoma and he won't be picked #1 over Luck.

Most of Oklahoma's juniors come back for their senior years, this isn't anyhing new, especially since the team is so good.

A lot will ride on if they can win a NC this year.

If they don't, then you can bet Landry returns.

But keep hoping he leaves... ;)

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Biggems;4172223 said:
just out of curiosity, what makes me an embarrassment to Longhorns fans, since you are such an expert on the subject?

I don't need to critique you on your orange-colored homerism at all. I just didn't like how you want to write some book post and open that congratz post w/ calling the team you are congratulating a POS.

I guess I am a bit classier than that is all.

Nothing personal. We all can't be ABQz and jimmy40s and trickblues. ;)

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas;4172251 said:
It's the Oklahoma way. Everyone feels Landry will return because of his new wife and her studies at Oklahoma and he won't be picked #1 over Luck.

Most of Oklahoma's juniors come back for their senior years, this isn't anyhing new, especially since the team is so good.

His name seems tailor fit for the Dallas Cowboys.

Not saying we would be in position to take him or anything...just love the name.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4172261 said:
His name seems tailor fit for the Dallas Cowboys.

Not saying we would be in position to take him or anything...just love the name.

He does a great Dallas Cowboys football name, huh? It def fits. :D

Like you, I doubt we ever would be in position to pick him, sadly.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Risen Star;4169362 said:
Oklahoma would mop the floor with any SEC team with the one possible exception of LSU.
I would for sure add Alabama as well.

But in reality, we don't know if they would win the SEC or be a middle of the road team there. My guess is they would be one of the better teams.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Dallas;4172251 said:

I got the impression that the TOP Oklahoma juniors generally left early IF they stood to go early in the draft.

Until Jones, they've really only had one QB worthy of being taken early in the NFL draft....though they've had several excellent college QBs.

Top players like Peterson, Bradford, Gerald McCoy, Trent Williams, Tommie Harris, Roy Williams, etc all came out early.

In fact, you would hard pressed to find a recent Sooner that was projected to go very early in the draft that did not leave school early. Bradford, however, already had a dregree from what I recall.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
joseephuss;4172005 said:
No, it is all about line play. The Texas offensive and defensive lines are their weak areas. The offensive line isn't good enough to succeed against the really good teams even with a good experienced QB. Put in a couple of young guys and it isn't pretty. The d-line is not a force. They are ok, but they rely a lot on schemes to create pressure. I don't see the d-line win a lot of their one-on-one match ups or just dominate and control an offensive line.

Schemes can only take you so far. To truly be a great team, you have to beat the guy in front of you. Texas doesn't do that enough on their lines.

I bet Landry could've beat OU behind the Texas Oline had he played for Texas.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CATCH17;4172316 said:

See this is where you lose me. Your basically saying the defense for Oklahoma didn't contribute to the win nor did the WR's catchings all of those balls.

Can you please match-up the receivers for Texas he would be throwing to who are better than

Broyles
Stills
Reynolds
Miller
Hannah

I think its a team game bro. Not 1 QB is going to do it all.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4172259 said:
I don't need to critique you on your orange-colored homerism at all. I just didn't like how you want to write some book post and open that congratz post w/ calling the team you are congratulating a POS.

I guess I am a bit classier than that is all.

Nothing personal. We all can't be ABQz and jimmy40s and trickblues. ;)

I hate OU with a passion.....just as you hate UT....you feel my team is a POS team, as I feel your team is. so yes, I can give your team props for how they played, doesnt mean I have to like or love them. The crimson and cream makes me want to puke. But I have to give credit where it is due, the Sooners completely owned on Saturday.

So take it like you want, be offended if you want, I really don't care. Your team has scoreboard on my team. Your team is still playing for a possible national championship game berth, while mine is playing for an outside chance at a BCS bowl.

BTW, don't you dare try to act all high and mighty.....classier than that, I think I need a shovel, the poop is sure getting pretty deep. You are one of the biggest trash talkers on this board and you come across as extremely pompous, arrogant, and obnoxious. But hey, if you want to call me classless, I guess we must be sitting in the same section....

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
Dallas;4172251 said:

I'm not hoping anything....If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. He has to do what is right for him and his family. Now that the rookie wage scale is in effect, the incentive to leave is nowhere near as inticing as before. I know I should be careful what I wish for, but I kind of hope he stays. If Texas is going to beat OU, I would rather it be against Jones, then some guy who has almost no experience.....it will make the victory that much more sweet. However, it can also mean just as bad a beatdown as we received just 2 days ago.....

jimmy40

Reaction score
Biggems;4172667 said:
I'm not hoping anything....If he stays, he stays. If he goes, he goes. He has to do what is right for him and his family. Now that the rookie wage scale is in effect, the incentive to leave is nowhere near as inticing as before. I know I should be careful what I wish for, but I kind of hope he stays. If Texas is going to beat OU, I would rather it be against Jones, then some guy who has almost no experience.....it will make the victory that much more sweet. However, it can also mean just as bad a beatdown as we received just 2 days ago.....
one thing is for sure with Mack as coach. We will never beat down a Stoops coached OU team like they did us. It will never ever happen.

Draegerman

Internet Somebody
Reaction score
jimmy40;4172693 said:
one thing is for sure with Mack as coach. We will never beat down a Stoops coached OU team like they did us. It will never ever happen.

Didn't VY and Co. beat them handedly in 2005 under Brown?

jimmy40

Reaction score
Draegerman;4172698 said:
Didn't VY and Co. beat them handedly in 2005 under Brown?
yes, handily. But we're talking beatdowns that have the whole country laughing.

MC KAos

Reaction score
CATCH17;4171932 said:
If so then chalk up back to back to back RRR's for the Sooners.

Texas won't beat OU without a QB.

I bet Connor Wood is laughing about this somewhere. No way could he have been worse than what Texas is putting out there.

the QBs arent that bad! they are just young. i think you guys arent giving enough credit to the fact that OU's defense is SEC quality good! you will see, the QBs will play good vs Okie state (while most likely losing). They are both talented and good enough to be starting, but i just think they should stick to 1 and stop this 2 QB nonsence

but if he stays i agree, they prob win, but it wont be by 50 points or whatever they won by this year, more like 7-10

MC KAos

Reaction score
Dallas;4171900 said:
Do you reseach anything? Landry Jones is a junior and will most likely be back next year. :D

:eek:

someone get drew rosenhaus on the phone with landry jones!

Dallas;4172251 said:

what are you talking about? he would be a top ten pick! he would be the second QB taken, and that usually means top 10, specially with so many teams in the "luck sweepstakes" there are gonna be plenty of losers up near the top of the draft that will take jones. and what the hell are you talking about "the oklahoma way" thats perverse! there have been plenty of guys from OU go to the draft early, if they are graded as top 15 or so in the draft, they are going! im pretty sure adrian peterson and sam bradford could have stayed if they wanted to, neither won a national championship so i dont see how they had accomplished everything they wanted

joseephuss

Reaction score
CATCH17;4172316 said:

I don't. Landry has shown he will make mistakes when under pressure. He would have been under a lot of pressure playing behind Texas' o-line.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Dallas;4172340 said:
See this is where you lose me. Your basically saying the defense for Oklahoma didn't contribute to the win nor did the WR's catchings all of those balls.

Can you please match-up the receivers for Texas he would be throwing to who are better than

Broyles
Stills
Reynolds
Miller
Hannah

I think its a team game bro. Not 1 QB is going to do it all.

Im not saying that at all.

OU straight up beat Texas. I just don't think OU beats Texas with Case or Ash at QB with Landry on the other side.

You're whole team played great but Texas couldn't keep up because of their QB situation.

Do you think the OU team could've overcame Case being their QB?

It is a team game but a QB single handedly destroy everything you're doing. You should know that being a Cowboy fan.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
MC KAos;4173056 said:
the QBs arent that bad! they are just young. i think you guys arent giving enough credit to the fact that OU's defense is SEC quality good! you will see, the QBs will play good vs Okie state (while most likely losing). They are both talented and good enough to be starting, but i just think they should stick to 1 and stop this 2 QB nonsence

but if he stays i agree, they prob win, but it wont be by 50 points or whatever they won by this year, more like 7-10

Case McCoy has no physical talent and for being a Coach's son and brother of an NFL player you would think he would be more fundamentally sound but he is not.

He is incredibly awful.

Ash has a little potential.

Case just needs to thank his brother everyday for earning his scholarship.