Twitter: OL Ron Leary visiting Cowboys

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Smart move.

Kind of concerning that they’d go this route instead of playing McGovern tho

Maybe they will though? Maybe McGovern takes LG until Leary passes the COVID thing and Williams goes to RT. Meanwhile, for the time being, we could have Collins at LT until Tyron gets back.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That would solve sooooo many things. And upgrade this oline immensely

Agreed, and perhaps Collins and Williams switch out? Could be good to have a few extra bodies at oline. Helps us to rotate them occasionally, if we want to, to keep them fresh to let Zeke keep bashing dlinemen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Makes sense if there's a chance Connor W. has to move to OT for an extended period and McGovern is not ready to play.

Even if McGovern is ready, I think it could be good for everyone having Leary back. I think that he can help us have a few added weapons and be able to add a few things to our scheme. When we're in the red zone, we could have Williams out at the TE spot as a declared eligible receiver as an extra blocker. Essentially making him an extra tackle combined with Collins or Smith, depending on where he lines up, could allow us to blister dlinemen further.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Especially with the fact that we don't have much in the way at TE with Jarwin being out, maybe having an extra lineman who can occasionally come in as an extra blocker and declared eligible receiver can help us there. Meanwhile, we have enough receivers to negate the lack of TE. Essentially, we'd have a lot of 3 WR sets and Zeke with Williams being the extra blocker/TE in name only. Then, on plays where we go I-Formation or H-Pro, we can have a FB in and the extra blocker.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
nope
tyler Biadasz immediately fill in at center ,,,while looney move to OG,
one of the YouTubers posted video of it.

I don't think 3 guys at new spots is the sort of move we want.

starfan1

Reaction score
Maybe they will though? Maybe McGovern takes LG until Leary passes the COVID thing and Williams goes to RT. Meanwhile, for the time being, we could have Collins at LT until Tyron gets back.
Until Tyron gets back? Have I missed something I didn’t know there was anything official just gametime decision

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Until Tyron gets back? Have I missed something I didn’t know there was anything official just gametime decision

It's more my thinking. I dunno if Tyron is out or not. I certainly hope he plays. I'm just thinking out loud as to what I'd do if Tyron is out. If he's in, then great.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
With all this talk of lots of young OL depth, I wasn't expecting to see Ron Leary and UDFA Steele starting.