Old Article Confirms My Suspicion that McCarthy is a Clueless OC

baltcowboy

Reaction score
In defense of MM the offensive talent is somewhat limited. The Cowboys lack speed at the receiver position, don’t have a bell cow running back, below average at tight end, and the quarterback is limited with his arm and running ability. The offensive line is probably the best part of the offense but we know they are minute to minute when it comes to injuries. MM said it best in the offseason, we are a defensive football team and the offense needs to protect the defense. He understands our limitations.

visionary

Reaction score
Back in Greenbay, McCarthy had difficulty adjusting to situations during games as well. Many also considered him to have the lowest football IQ of any coach in the league, which confirms my suspicion that replacing Kellen Moore's with McCarthy at OC was a massive mistake. If we brought in another play-caller, fine. But McCarthy doesn't have the acumen at OC to be an OC in the NFL. It's an interesting read.

From the article,

LINK:

Youre so smart
We’d never have known

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The OC tape this year doesn't look good, that doesnt mean KM was good.. the DC tape from Sunday looks just as bad, we got out coached everywhere before kickoff then we got out played everywhere during the game..it was a total butt whooping...MM needs to own it and fix it...the players starting with #4 and #11 NEED to own it and fix it..

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Honestly, can anyone find an article from a GB player other than Rodgers bashing McCarthy's football IQ? It's the same recycled story that keeps showing up here. I mean, I admire Rodgers and all, he did manage to earn $10M/snap this year.

diamonddelts

Reaction score
Honestly, can anyone find an article from a GB player other than Rodgers bashing McCarthy's football IQ? It's the same recycled story that keeps showing up here. I mean, I admire Rodgers and all, he did manage to earn $10M/snap this year.
Post of the day. Lol.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Back in Greenbay, McCarthy had difficulty adjusting to situations during games as well. Many also considered him to have the lowest football IQ of any coach in the league, which confirms my suspicion that replacing Kellen Moore's with McCarthy at OC was a massive mistake. If we brought in another play-caller, fine. But McCarthy doesn't have the acumen at OC to be an OC in the NFL. It's an interesting read.

From the article,

LINK:

Mac is stuck in the 90s.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Not sure if its been brought up, but this was a put up or shut up year for McCarthy. He is due for an extension and hasn't got it.

IMO, Dan Quinn is your next HC while the Cowboys try to find the next boy wonder OC if McCarthy fails.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Not sure if its been brought up, but this was a put up or shut up year for McCarthy. He is due for an extension and hasn't got it.

IMO, Dan Quinn is your next HC while the Cowboys try to find the next boy wonder OC if McCarthy fails.
i don't know i want to bring this up dans defense lost our two games this year. he was NOT a great HC and that no guarantee and not really what i would do! .

you want to make it right blow it all up...

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score

Dan Quinn will not deliver as HC.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers appears to be correct, so far.
Remember the David Letterman tagline: "There's no off position on the genius switch". A person who has brilliant intelligence, over time, there skills will be obvious. Has anyone seen anything out of McCarthy that screams brilliance? Tactically or Strategically?

His basic posture and position is: "Whatever Jerry says..."

stiletto

Reaction score
Remember the David Letterman tagline: "There's no off position on the genius switch". A person who has brilliant intelligence, over time, there skills will be obvious. Has anyone seen anything out of McCarthy that screams brilliance? Tactically or Strategically?

His basic posture and position is: "Whatever Jerry says..."
FFIII.. I don't know why we expect any different. He's basically Wade Phillips Part Deux.

OGSixshooter

Reaction score
FFIII.. I don't know why we expect any different. He's basically Wade Phillips Part Deux.
I dubbed him FFIV...I gave Rob Ryan a FF...position for when he was here running a disastrous defense...

FF1- Bill Parcells
FF2 - Wade Phillips
FF3 - Rob Ryan
FF4 - Mike McCarthy