On a Positive note, there's no way the Cowboys cannot fail us this offseason

shabazz

Reaction score
They are going to sign 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle. People will complain no matter what they do.
I would love to sign 2 LBs and a DT......we just prefer that they aren't in the twilight of their careers or off the couch.

Finding real IMPACT players at those positions takes gobs of money......of which we aren't in the strongest position. Even with restructuring we will be outbid by teams whose FO kept them fiscally sound

rambo2

Reaction score
I would love to sign 2 LBs and a DT......we just prefer that they aren't in the twilight of their careers or off the couch.

Finding real IMPACT players at those positions takes gobs of money......of which we aren't in the strongest position. Even with restructuring we will be outbid by teams whose FO kept them fiscally sound
What sound teams will outbid them? There are plenty of linebackers and dtackles to chose from.

fivetwos

Reaction score
What sound teams will outbid them? There are plenty of linebackers and dtackles to chose from.
What exactly makes you think they are going to be so active in free agency?

History? Their willingness to change?

The “all-in” comment?

rambo2

Reaction score
What exactly makes you think they are going to be so active in free agency?

History? Their willingness to change?

The “all-in” comment?
What they need and what is available. Supply and demand. You don't think that they will sign 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle for Zimmer? You don't think that they will make an effort to improve the team?

fivetwos

Reaction score
What they need and what is available. Supply and demand. You don't think that they will sign 2 linebackers and a defensive tackle for Zimmer? You don't think that they will make an effort to improve the team?
I would like to think they would, but history shows they will go with the draft and cooked cheap vets.

What I know is that even you admit they need to hit free agency much more so than usual to improve.

In six weeks time we will have the answer and revisit it then.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Record boost is like 30m

Don’t expect a tier 1 player. Everyone got that bump and the majority of the league have much more cap room than the cowboys
very good point, thanks for breaking my heart

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would like to think they would, but history shows they will go with the draft and cooked cheap vets.

What I know is that even you admit they need to hit free agency much more so than usual to improve.

In six weeks time we will have the answer and revisit it then.
I think we will be surprised!!!

leeblair

Reaction score
We like our guys, we've not had a big name free agent since Bradon Carr, the "pie", we have to sign our own guys. All of that sounds good, but let's give the Cowboys front office a glimmer of hope this off season.

With a record boost in cap space, there's no way in hell that we don't sign someone to put a small smile back on our beautiful faces. Let's turn the frowns upside down, let's see what happens.

I have a feeling possibly on day 1, the cowboys will make a signing that we never saw coming ( a big one), I feel it will be a LB, and it will be influenced heavily by our new DC. Let's see how this goes, please give your thoughts!!
It's not about who they sign.
It's who they keep that will be the problem- again!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Surprised? Everybody knows that they need linebackers and dline and they certainly will try to improve the team.
that's what i'm saying, I think it'll be different from previous off seasons, or I hope so