On a scale of 1 to Lawrence Taylor how angry will you be if they extend Dak?

LysleE

Reaction score
The prudent thing would be not to extend him, let Dak play out the final year of his contract and in the interim look for another option at QB.
Sure…Dat’s stats are good, but he generates the bulk of those stats against the below-average teams; against better competition they are average at best; he is a one read QB who throws high-percentage passes, relying on the short-to-intermediate passing game. He has also been in the league around 8 years or so, surrounded by a solid supporting cast for the majority of those years without post-season success; Dak has reached his ceiling; it’s not like he is ever going to turn into Brady or Mahomes; he is a progress stopper.

Granted the team has won 12 games for the past three-years only to lose in the playoffs; QBs are judged by their post season success and by that metric Dak falls short.

But Dallas has an owner that would rather stubbornly stick with a QB that he knows can’t deliver than blow this team up and start anew.

Mk2_Cowboys

Reaction score
Extending Dak will assure Jerry never wins a Super Bowl without Jimmy.
That’s the only silver lining ,full of irony, that would come with a Dak extension.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I'll be like a 5, because I expect it.

There's no logic behind it at all but there's not really any logic behind the Cowboys ownership to begin with.

Got nothing left. I was done with Dak after years 2-3. I think Jerry and company are dumb enough to extend him for a huge amount, but they are not attempting to keep the 12-5 squad together at all. I think the team gets mauled during an extension, so maybe it’s for the best (rebuild organically).

chuck520

Reaction score
I'll be happy, you guys blame Dak but no QB can win a Super Bowl title with the way this franchise runs things

chuck520

Reaction score
I'd be about a 9 because I don't believe Dak can win a Super Bowl for us yet he wants more money every time. If you ran a company and you had an employee who wasn't preforming would you give him a raise or show him the door?

When Romo replaced Bledsoe it gave me hope for the future. It may not turn out they way I want it but I at least want the hope I don't currently have.
no QB can win a SB with this franchise. If Mahomes or Brady were the QB they would never win a Super Bowl in Dallas.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I'll be happy, you guys blame Dak but no QB can win a Super Bowl title with the way this franchise runs things
Possibly. But other quarterbacks don't have a complete meltdown in the playoffs either. Dak has deer caught in headlights syndrome when it comes to the big game.

chuck520

Reaction score
Possibly. But other quarterbacks don't have a complete meltdown in the playoffs either. Dak has deer caught in headlights syndrome when it comes to the big game.
Any QB that goes to Dallas will have the same result because of the incompetent front office. They didnt even both addressing run defense the entire season.

chuck520

Reaction score
Extending Dak will assure Jerry never wins a Super Bowl without Jimmy.
That’s the only silver lining ,full of irony, that would come with a Dak extension.
Jerry won a Super Bowl without Jimmy and it wont make any difference who the QB is because the front office is clueless

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Any QB that goes to Dallas will have the same result because of the incompetent front office. They didnt even both addressing run defense the entire season.
Not every quarterback would meltdown in the playoffs like Dak did. Not arguing that the culture will make it harder to win, but pointing out that some things are on Dak.

chuck520

Reaction score
Not every quarterback would meltdown in the playoffs like Dak did. Not arguing that the culture will make it harder to win, but pointing out that some things are on Dak.
Yes they would with this is incompetent front office. Not even Mahomes could win a Super Bowl in Dallas.

Jayinem

Reaction score
no QB can win a SB with this franchise. If Mahomes or Brady were the QB they would never win a Super Bowl in Dallas.
Disagree, we've had better rosters than Tampa had when Brady won it and he was a free agent we could have signed him but Dak was in the way.

Mahomes wanted to be a Cowboy but Dak was in the way. Chiefs have a great head coach but they have cheap ownership one of the worst facilities etc... and they traded away Tyreek hill yet he still won b2b with scrub WRs.

Guess we'll never know because we did have Dak here and we sure didn't win. He hasn't exactly played so great in the playoffs that you can deflect blame away from him and put it on the team like you're attempting to, but nice try.

Quarterbacks are going to get the majority of credit and blame that's life for the highest paid players in the NFL. Seems fair to me.

Jayinem

Reaction score
Jerry won a Super Bowl without Jimmy and it wont make any difference who the QB is because the front office is clueless
That was still Jimmy's team. That was a dynasty if Belichick got fired the Patriots still would have won whichever Super Bowl was next because of the roster they had.

chuck520

Reaction score
That was still Jimmy's team. That was a dynasty if Belichick got fired the Patriots still would have won whichever Super Bowl was next because of the roster they had.
That wasnt Jimmy's team, Jimmy was already hired by Miami by the time they won. He had been out of the game for two years already and on TV. Half the players never played for him.

chuck520

Reaction score
Disagree, we've had better rosters than Tampa had when Brady won it and he was a free agent we could have signed him but Dak was in the way.

Mahomes wanted to be a Cowboy but Dak was in the way. Chiefs have a great head coach but they have cheap ownership one of the worst facilities etc... and they traded away Tyreek hill yet he still won b2b with scrub WRs.

Guess we'll never know because we did have Dak here and we sure didn't win. He hasn't exactly played so great in the playoffs that you can deflect blame away from him and put it on the team like you're attempting to, but nice try.

Quarterbacks are going to get the majority of credit and blame that's life for the highest paid players in the NFL. Seems fair to me.
Any QB that goes to Dallas will have the same problem, dysfunctional and incompetent front office, puppet coaches, Same story for 28 years. Different players and coaches have been there in that time. Only one thing has stayed the same.

Jayinem

Reaction score
That wasnt Jimmy's team, Jimmy was already hired by Miami by the time they won. He had been out of the game for two years already and on TV. Half the players never played for him.
You act like they sucked the year after he left, they lost in the NFC Championship game to the 49ers.

All of the key pieces were still there they just added Deion. That was definitely the team Jimmy put together.

By 98 Switzer quit after losing 5 in a row. Absolutely no way anyone could think if Switzer didn't have Emmitt Troy and Michael and a bunch of other good players that were already on the roster he just would have came in there and won that Super Bowl. Practically everyone knows that was Jimmy's team but you. But I can see you like to have the minority opinion on practically everything so no surprise like how you ra ra for Dak.