On June 22, 2017 Derek Carr was signed a 5-year $125m contract extension

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Again single coverage outside against stacked boxes because of Zeke, of course.. Dak sure proved he was mediocre with such basic looks..
Carr's problem was he was throwing at ankles and not giving catchable footballs lol.But keep going.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, you guys are missing the point.

If Dak was a great QB, paying him Top 3 money or Top 5 or the most isn't an issue.

The problem is Dak is closer to being an average NFL QB than a great one, so paying him Top 3 money matters in the sense that even if he's only the 8th highest paid QB in 3 years, he's still EATING UP A TON OF CAP SPACE.

Teams paying mediocre QBs a lot of money don't win a whole lot. That's the point.

Looking at that initial list of the 9 highest paid quarterbacks, exactly how many of them were playing in the postseason last year? 1?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

If Dak was a great QB, paying him Top 3 money or Top 5 or the most isn't an issue.

The problem is Dak is closer to being an average NFL QB than a great one, so paying him Top 3 money matters in the sense that even if he's only the 8th highest paid QB in 3 years, he's still EATING UP A TON OF CAP SPACE.

Teams paying mediocre QBs a lot of money don't win a whole lot. That's the point.
Can't you ay that about all of these guys though. If we take a look at all the young qb's around the NFL.....

Mahomes.....we already know what he looks like.

But out of Watson, Wentz, Goff, Winston, Mariota, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen........I may be missing some guys but out of these guys which one will be top 3 in the next few years? To me they all are of the same caliber as of right now. Maybe someone will leave the pack.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

It's a point, no doubt. But what else do you do when you land a 4th round pick who hasn't missed a game and you're sold on him as a franchise QB? Let him walk so you can "save money?"
That makes very little sense. Finding another solid QB in ANY round is a difficult to impossible thing to do. That's not a gamble most franchises would take, that what fans who dislikes Prescott consider.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It seems like you want to define for everyone else what "overrated" is.

Sorry, no.
I'm confused. So you think he's overrated?

Like this is what confuses me so help me out.

When it comes to Dak....people use his wins in the argument of why he should get paid. "Wins are a team stat". Yet.....Sydia brought up Ryan winning 60% of his games as a feat.

For why Matt Ryan's team sucked last year though....it wasn't his fault. It was his TEAM'S fault.

A argument people user why Dak is below average or average is that he needs a good team around him to win. But Matt Ryan needs the same, no?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It's a point, no doubt. But what else do you do when you land a 4th round pick who hasn't missed a game and you're sold on him as a franchise QB? Let him walk so you can "save money?"
That makes very little sense. Finding another solid QB in ANY round is a difficult to impossible thing to do. That's not a gamble most franchises would take, that what fans who dislikes Prescott consider.

People trust this organization to evaluate quarterbacks lol. ITs easy to find another Dak I have been told. As if top 3 picks don't bust every year lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Can't you ay that about all of these guys though. If we take a look at all the young qb's around the NFL.....

But out of Watson, Wentz, Goff, Winston, Mariota, Mayfield, Darnold, Rosen, Allen........I may be missing some guys but out of these guys which one will be top 3 in the next few years? To me they all are of the same caliber as of right now. Maybe someone will leave the pack.
It would be a risk to take any of them and assume any will be top 3.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm confused. So you think he's overrated?

Like this is what confuses me so help me out.

No, he's not overrated.

When it comes to Dak....people use his wins in the argument of why he should get paid. "Wins are a team stat". Yet.....Sydia brought up Ryan winning 60% of his games as a feat.

For why Matt Ryan's team sucked last year though....it wasn't his fault. It was his TEAM'S fault.

A argument people user why Dak is below average or average is that he needs a good team around him to win. But Matt Ryan needs the same, no?

I think they all do. Save for the lone exception to every rule.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So because the raiders made a dumb move we should follow suite and make the same mistake?

Tussinman

Reaction score
The problem is Dak is closer to being an average NFL QB than a great one
The average QB doesn't even make it on an NFL roster 3 years let alone be a franchise starter for potentially a decade.

Finding a fringe top 12 starting QB isn't being "an average NFL QB". People like you aren't giving Dak enough credit.

Sydla

Reaction score

And in many cases, some of those contracts will likely be a mistake.

I am not sure why the people keep making the basic argument of, "well other teams did it, so no biggie if we do it too" when it comes to signing Dak.

No, I don't want to be that team paying their mediocre QB $35MM AAV or whatever large number people are fine with. I just don't. That doesn't appeal to me and if that turns out to be the case, this team probably isn't going to be winning much either.