Once again Jerry achieved his goal

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Yes, Jerry is going to sell the product first, but it's up to the entire team to overcome this.
If they want to become champions, it's on the players first if you're on this franchise, this roster.
The only way I can see this team coming together, despite the coaches and FO, is players first that
set an example on team leadership, and I'm not certain we even have a team captain worthy of the title yet.
I disagree that its first on the players. a football team no different than any other company you run. It boils down to the CEO of the company setting strategy/culture and providing resources and focus for the entire organization to achieve its goals. and thus the question what's the goal of this company?.
In this case the Owner and then GM (same person). do we have the right skillset in the organization? do we have the right culture? is everyone working together? do we have the right managers? do we have the right goals? does everyone understand the goal and does everyone work towards that common goal? (actions not words).

do the players want to become champions? most do. or do they want to run a business and have podcasts or get into business with the owner? some do.
the CEO sets the culture and right now the culture is not about winning championships. its about having a successful business. and if that's the goal, then they are succeeding. if some of the players are not about championships, and most others are. then its not going to succeed. its like I have a 12 cylinder sports car, with 10 cylinders tuned for race, but two are tuned differently. the car is going to sputter.

and I don't see this team coming together because of the culture, the owner/GM.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I disagree that its first on the players. a football team no different than any other company you run. It boils down to the CEO of the company setting strategy/culture and providing resources and focus for the entire organization to achieve its goals. and thus the question what's the goal of this company?.
In this case the Owner and then GM (same person). do we have the right skillset in the organization? do we have the right culture? is everyone working together? do we have the right managers? do we have the right goals? does everyone understand the goal and does everyone work towards that common goal? (actions not words).

do the players want to become champions? most do. or do they want to run a business and have podcasts or get into business with the owner? some do.
the CEO sets the culture and right now the culture is not about winning championships. its about having a successful business. and if that's the goal, then they are succeeding. if some of the players are not about championships, and most others are. then its not going to succeed. its like I have a 12 cylinder sports car, with 10 cylinders tuned for race, but two are tuned differently. the car is going to sputter.

and I don't see this team coming together because of the culture, the owner/GM.
I'm not placing blame specifically CFH, I'm just trying to point out as well that player development is critical, you have to pay for the right coaches in order to achieve
success in today's game, you only have a short period of time before contracts are expiring and you have to have a system in place that develops incoming talent asap.

The clock is ticking as soon as they sign that contract term.

This game has become Time vs Money, because you only have a short period of time to determine if you are paying that second contract.

There should be no expense spared for the best coaching available, but that's exactly the writing on the wall that Jerry is not paying that tab out of pocket.

Cap is one thing and Cash is another.

Coaching staff doesn't ding your cap so go out and get the best available if you know who they are, just pay them anything if you really want to develop your incoming talent and then you see the difference taking place.

Look at the coaching staffs that Jimmy had, he knew it decades ago.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm not placing blame specifically CFH, I'm just trying to point out as well that player development is critical, you have to pay for the right coaches in order to achieve
success in today's game, you only have a short period of time before contracts are expiring and you have to have a system in place that develops incoming talent asap.

The clock is ticking as soon as they sign that contract term.

This game has become Time vs Money, because you only have a short period of time to determine if you are paying that second contract.

There should be no expense spared for the best coaching available, but that's exactly the writing on the wall that Jerry is not paying that tab out of pocket.

Cap is one thing and Cash is another.

Coaching staff doesn't ding your cap so go out and get the best available if you know who they are, just pay them anything if you really want to develop your incoming talent and then you see the difference taking place.

Look at the coaching staffs that Jimmy had, he knew it decades ago.
If the QB coach was not working with Trance last year because it was in season, then what was the point of trading for him last year?

Sydla

Reaction score
Of course the Jones can manipulate the cap to sign free agents. But think about it. The just signed Diggs to a big contract, now they need to sign Dak, Cee Dee, Micah soon, Bland soon. There’s only so much cap. You have to plan years in the future. You Madden players thinks it’s so easy.

They can do all of those things if they wanted and still sign a few quality FAs.

Again, you are being duped by Jerry and his son when they cry being "cap poor". Somehow, someway, a division rival figures out how to sign their best guys and still be active in FA, churn their roster, etc. But here in Dallas, we can't because apparently it's "hard". Because Stephen and Jerry say so.............. LOL.

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
They can do all of those things if they wanted and still sign a few quality FAs.

Again, you are being duped by Jerry and his son when they cry being "cap poor". Somehow, someway, a division rival figures out how to sign their best guys and still be active in FA, churn their roster, etc. But here in Dallas, we can't because apparently it's "hard". Because Stephen and Jerry say so.............. LOL.
THEY DONT WANT TO SIGN FREE AGENTS! Don’t you get it?

Bagman

Reaction score
Music and professional football….completely different skill sets. I’m pretty sure Mick Jagger can’t tackle and Micah Parsons can’t sing professionally.

Are you saying since Cowboys haven’t even been close to a SB in nearly 30 years we‘re supposed to just remember “the oldies but goodies”?
Agree completely. The cast of the Rolling Stones is the same for the last 40-50 years. They can rest on their laurels. It's THEIR accomplishments. The Cowboys roster has turned over 30 times since their last bit of glory. We as fans should be able to demand championships from this current team. Over 90% of this team wasn't born the last time Dallas won the SB.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Agree completely. The cast of the Rolling Stones is the same for the last 40-50 years. They can rest on their laurels. It's THEIR accomplishments. The Cowboys roster has turned over 30 times since their last bit of glory. We as fans should be able to demand championships from this current team. Over 90% of this team wasn't born the last time Dallas won the SB.
But GM Jethro is still here thank goodness.

Sydla

Reaction score
THEY DONT WANT TO SIGN FREE AGENTS! Don’t you get it?

And that's why they continue to fail year after year.

They are cheap but need cover so they claim they are always cap poor. It's a ruse that you are falling for.

Reactions: CWR

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
And that's why they continue to fail year after year.

They are cheap but need cover so they claim they are always cap poor. It's a ruse that you are falling for.
If you think I’m falling for it than you are too because I AGREE WITH YOU.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have been saying it for a while along with a few others. Jerry's goal is not championship, it's franchise value. Make more money.

And he went cheap this off season, lots of turmoil, etc. I am not going to rehash those as everyone knows plenty.

But Cowboys are on national TV every week this upcoming season. Somehow a franchise that hasn't accomplished squat in 28 plus years is as big a draw as KC.

So tell me again why he has to change his way?

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/cowb...-game-on-national-tv-this-season-01hy1mmb0rm1
Jethro only wants to win his way. He’d love to win a championship but not if it means he can’t be face of franchise and a celebrity football guy.

He tried that with Jimmy and didn’t like playing second fiddle to a back to back championship HC.

The record revenue simply placed him in a position he doesn’t have to change his ways.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So the Stones have not had a #1 hit in how many decades and yet they remain one of the largest touring bands around. Are these not the same thing?
Great question.

If the Cowboys could replay the early 90’s hits each season instead of this eras hits it might be a reasonable comparison .

Fans flock to hear the Stones play their #1 hits from older glory era not anything they’ve produced lately.

If only Cowboy fans could tune in each week to watch those 90’s glory years and stars instead of what they’re producing this era.

Sydla

Reaction score
So childish.
Is he wrong?

If the Cowboys wanted to make a legit run at a SB, they would change how they do business. You, yourself, admit that they basically turtle up and go cheap in FA and the reality is they never have a complete (or close to complete team) because they tend to just ignore needs in FA.

Now some will argue they want to win SBs just doing it their way. But to me, when you fail for over two decades doing it their way and they don't change or are stubborn about things, that's about as close to not wanting to win as one can get without actually admitting it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Is he wrong?

If the Cowboys wanted to make a legit run at a SB, they would change how they do business. You, yourself, admit that they basically turtle up and go cheap in FA and the reality is they never have a complete (or close to complete team) because they tend to just ignore needs in FA.

Now some will argue they want to win SBs just doing it their way. But to me, when you fail for over two decades doing it their way and they don't change or are stubborn about things, that's about as close to not wanting to win as one can get without actually admitting it.
You haters are so infatuated with your hate not realizing that I agree with you as I’ve said numerous times. The Jones do a bad job of creating a SB team in the last 28 years. Do you understand now? Jeez I’m in your head I guess.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Hater definition:
a person who actively and aggressively criticizes and disparages something or someone.

Homer definition :
A derogatory term used to look down a person because he blindly follows the team.

When it comes to our owner we all should be more of a hater than Homer.