Once again the fans show they know more than the coaches...

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
Rack;2447631 said:
Most of us fans have been pleading for weeks now for Choice to get more carries so that Barber could remain fresh and injury-free at the end of the season.

If Choice had been getting around 10 carries per game the last 2 months, Barber would not be hurt right now.

Way to go, Morons.

ok tell me how giving Choice more carries would have prevented Barber from being stepped on today.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;2448157 said:
ok tell me how giving Choice more carries would have prevented Barber from being stepped on today.

I think he's sleeping it off.;)

PoetTree

Reaction score
All due respect, you're a tool...

Rack;2447670 said:
How many carries he had in THIS GAME up to the point of his injury doesn't mean anything. It's the amount of carries he's had THIS SEASON I'm referring to. Obviously he's wearing down, and I'm not jsut talking about his workload in THIS game.

It's not obvious AT ALL that he's wearing down. It was a week-and-a-half ago that Barber owned the 4th quarter against the Commanders, looking quicker, stronger and fresher than every other athlete on the field. Wearing down? Not really sure which Barber you're watching.

Rack;2447670 said:
As they were saying during the broadcast, he's already had more carries this season (with 4 game to go) then he had ALL of last season.

Of course he does. He was a BACKUP last season. He's a STARTER this year. No real mystery involved. He's not being overworked. He's just being given a starter's load, whereas last season he was a part-time player. Of course he's got more carries!

But his injury today had absolutely nothing to do with wear & tear. He didn't pull an overworked muscle. He didn't strain a shoulder from taking too many hits. He got his toe stepped on during a play, and it dislocated.

Look, I'm all for Choice getting more carries. But that Barber got a dislocated toe today is not a sign of our coaches' stupidity, or Barber wearing down. It was just something that happens in football.

Rack;2447670 said:
Yes, all of YOU should leave.

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Aaah, too much. Happy Thanksgiving.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
ajk23az;2447777 said:
As everyone can see now, Rack has quit replying to this thread as he realized how silly this thought was. :lmao2:

Yeah, spending time with the family on thanksgiving has nothing to do with it.

:rolleyes:

Some of you are dumber then I originally thought, and believe me... I orginally thought some of you were incredibly dumb.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
this thread would have been better off *****ing about lack of man-coverage

lack of exotic blitzes until recently

Brad Johnson starting...for 3 games

not inserting Holland in sooner

playing Jenkins over Henry sooner

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
A little off topic ...

I'm not usually a Troy-the-announcer basher, but was anyone else shouting curse words when he roasted the organization for not placing enough emphasis on the backup running back position? And, at one point, almost insinuate we're not doing our due dilligence picking up a Shaun Alexander type?

I mean, no, spending two premium draft picks at the position, including a first round pick on an absolute stud, is just absolute neglect.

He makes some real off-the-wall comments at times for a guy seemingly pretty bright.

Rant over.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
The title of this thread says it all about some fans.

There is much more to running back in this game than just carrying the ball. Look at Romo gripe out Choice if you question that.

Picking up the blitz and blocking assignments is a large part of what an RB does. You have to gain the trust of the coaches to do this.

Romo also audibles out of plays and Barber understands what his intentions are. can you say for absolutely certain Choice knows what to do?

By the way, if you answer yes, you better be cashing paychecks from the team.

Fans see the game as black and white and as a zero sum gain. They project their opinions on something they only see on Sunday and at that, unless they are at the stadium, they only see a partial screen and not all the players or how the play unfolds.

As a side note I have seen poster after poster say they know what the play will be before it is called. That is the steaming matter that falls from a tall bull's buttocks.

You do not see the entire lineups of both teams, know the defense and what audible is called, or what everyone's responsibility is.

In other words your point of view is off.

Kevin Smith's, A View Askew.

Furthermore, Barber will have more carries because he hasn't been splitting time with Julius who started a bunch of games last year. So to make a statement that his carries are up over last year...well, duh!

He's paid like a starter. He is still effective. We didn't see him in the second half when he usually rapes the defense. So any opinion on his "wearing down" is subjective.

Coaches know more than fans. Anyone who thinks different...well, let's just say someone's ego has jumped the tracks.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
Rack;2447631 said:
Most of us fans have been pleading for weeks now for Choice to get more carries so that Barber could remain fresh and injury-free at the end of the season.

If Choice had been getting around 10 carries per game the last 2 months, Barber would not be hurt right now.

Way to go, Morons.

wow....

this is tilting at windmills.

choice hasn't gotten more playing time mainly because he isn't as good of a blocker as barber. we were simply more concerned with keeping romo healthy then preventing wear and tear on barber.

all that said the guy got his toe stepped on and to claim it is an injury based on playing him too much is hilarious.

Spectre

Reaction score
injuries happen, are unavoidable and unpredictable but...

there is no doubt we should have been giving Choice more gametime (I started a thread on it a week or 2 ago)

Barber is one of the best "share carries" backs in the NFL but he can't deliver the kind of production we're used to if he never leaves a game. Conversely, Choice can't produce well if he doesn't get a regular dose of real-game rythm.

I don't draw a correllation between this injury to Barber and playing time. But you are increasing the chances of him getting injured by leaning on him too heavily, week in and week out. And you're diminishing his very specialty as a closer, down the stretch and in the postseason, when we need his closing ability most.

It's stupid to not go to a guy who can play until you need him. Get him in and let him contribute before you need him. Good things always happen this way. Choice should have been seeing a substantial amount of play from the time Felix went out. Choice can play and can offer dynamics that even Barber can't.

Vegas_Cowboy

Reaction score
So if Choice had been getting 10 more carries per game the last two months, that would've somehow allowed Barber to avoid being stepped on? Ok. If you say so, I guess.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CanadianCowboysFan;2448157 said:

I'm still waiting for a response to that one....:rolleyes:

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
I can't believe some of you are trying to reason with this maroon.

rangers71

Reaction score
This is the dumbest thread ever. An injury can happen anytime on any play. Choice playing would not have mattered. And as far as you saying that Barber is wearing down where do you get that from? He sure as hell didn't look worn down last week when he beat the skins ***. This thread is dumb.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
rangers71;2449158 said:
This is the dumbest thread ever. An injury can happen anytime on any play. .

No ****, Sherlock. But by NOT over working your starting RB you MINIMIZE those chances.

Is that simple concept still THAT difficult for you mental midgets to understand?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
What's so hard to understand? If Barber hadn't been worked so hard, he would have had enough strength in his toe muscle to withstand the pressure of someone stepping on it. At the very least, he might have moved his foot out of the way. We are just lucky no one kicked him in the jewels because with the way he was sucking wind, he might have choked to death. If Barber had been benched prior to the game, this doesn't happen because getting your foot stepped on only happens in two places on Earth. The football field and Dancing with the Stars. Stupid Wade.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Rack;2449216 said:
No ****, Sherlock. But by NOT over working your starting RB you MINIMIZE those chances.

Is that simple concept still THAT difficult for you mental midgets to understand?

So by this theory if we only ran Baber once a game, then we would minimize the risk to the maximum and avoid any undue wear and tear.

I see the point now.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
TwoDeep3;2449261 said:
So by this theory if we only ran Baber once a game, then we would minimize the risk to the maximum and avoid any undue wear and tear.

I see the point now.

:rolleyes:

Kilyin

Reaction score
moran.jpg