One Gotta Go

RoboQB

Reaction score
If he was out of gas, he wouldn’t have put up 400 yards, most of it in the second half with three TDs against the Packers. Him and Ferguson were the only two players that didn’t quit.
C'mon man, dude had a thousand yard stare in the 1st quarter before he took one snap. He seemed relieved once the game was out of hand, 48-16.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The Cowboys would be much worse doing that. You can’t lose two players with one being your franchise QB. If you’re going to move on from one it would be Parsons for me. He’s out of gas by the time the playoffs arrive and he’s talking about retiring at 30. Football isn’t that important to him. He’s just looking for a big payday..
Life goes on geez you guys are in love with the fact that we can never lose Dak, for years we had bad QB play until Romo and Dak came along, eventually we will find another one sheesh

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Parsons
We are burning him out early if he stays
When was the last time an elite pass rusher who was younger than 28 wasn’t retained? Only one I can’t think of is Khalil Mack with the Raiders, and that was because the owner literally couldn't afford his signing bonus. No one lets players like that go

sbark

Reaction score
If he was out of gas, he wouldn’t have put up 400 yards, most of it in the second half with three TDs against the Packers. Him and Ferguson were the only two players that didn’t quit.
How does head coach MM describe those type of yard /stat accumulations
......garbage time stats as he looked right at Dak

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hmmmmm ....this a tough one

I am going with Dak.......only because he is closer to free agency and frankly it's not a darn thing we can do to keep him.

This PFN contributor is bolstering CeeDee Lamb's holdout argument--from Lamb and his agent's perspective. Lamb considers himself a top NFL receiver. He has seen another top peer, Justin Jefferson, land a four-year, $140 million extension.

The entire NFL knows Lamb's contract expectation. The holdout either: 1) encourages Jerry Jones to meet his demand if he agrees with Lamb's self-assessment; or 2) force Jones to use the franchise tag; or 3) trade him.

If #1, Lamb gets what he wants. If #2, Jones risks pushing Lamb towards both probable missed regular season games and disgruntlement, which only delays an eventual dissolution of their professional relationship. If #3, Jones trades Lamb to another team, who already know Lamb's contract demands and will highly likely acquiescence to said demands in short order.

Lamb & Co. are playing poker. The #2 scenario is his only risk factor. How Jones will address the problem may end up playing out like a Kenny Rogers' song with Lamb smiling from ear-to-ear no matter the final decision.

Flamma

Reaction score
I was giving him the benefit of the doubt. I didn't want to call him a choker when the pressure is on. But you make a good point to support that case.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
This PFN contributor is bolstering CeeDee Lamb's holdout argument--from Lamb and his agent's perspective. Lamb considers himself a top NFL receiver. He has seen another top peer, Justin Jefferson, land a four-year, $140 million extension.

The entire NFL knows Lamb's contract expectation. The holdout either: 1) encourages Jerry Jones to meet his demand if he agrees with Lamb's self-assessment; or 2) force Jones to use the franchise tag; or 3) trade him.

If #1, Lamb gets what he wants. If #2, Jones risks pushing Lamb towards both probable missed regular season games and disgruntlement, which only delays an eventual dissolution of their professional relationship. If #3, Jones trades Lamb to another team, who already know Lamb's contract demands and will highly likely acquiescence to said demands in short order.

Lamb & Co. are playing poker. The #2 scenario is his only risk factor. How Jones will address the problem may end up playing out like a Kenny Rogers' song with Lamb smiling from ear-to-ear no matter the final decision.
As mentioned in another thread, this is 100% on Jerry and Stephen. They could have signed him to a new deal 2 years ago but as usual, they drag their feet until the last min. For example, a contract making him the highest-paid WR 2 years ago would have been in the $28M range. Look at how much it's going to cost now $33-35M.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
One does not have to go ....... there is gonna be plenty of money for all 3.

I do not want all 3 ....... but not because of money.

Praxit

Reaction score
...pay Lamb. Trade Parsons for draft-picks. Teams have shown if you run at him, he bends either way.

As for Dak, if they can find someone as good or better. Let him walk.

But right now, he's our best option.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
Of the three I would move Parsons. I wouldn't choose Dak at this point simply because you're freeing up cap room, but that's it. Micah brings you multiple premium draft picks to restock with.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, this is 100% on Jerry and Stephen. They could have signed him to a new deal 2 years ago but as usual, they drag their feet until the last min. For example, a contract making him the highest-paid WR 2 years ago would have been in the $28M range. Look at how much it's going to cost now $33-35M.
If they paid Lamb 2 years ago he'd be holding out now for a new deal anyway.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of the 3 i'd trade Parsons. Good teams have figured out how to neutralize his speed rush and he basically doesn't affect the game much. It is also much easier to duplicate his production by trading/drafting a couple defensive replacements.