One Gotta Go

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
It would be nice to have one of those modern-minded offensive coordinators like the 49ers, Chiefs, and a couple other teams have.

The play design we've had is pretty boring, monotonous and predictable, not our players imo.
We agree on Parsons. Thing is, they'd acquire a ton of draft capital in a trade. This should alleviate the QB issue.
Draft or trade for one. In the meantime, see what Lance can do. I bet they could win 9 games with him.
Why would Parsons be worth “a ton of draft capital” to a team when the Cowboys offering him in trade would be the clearest indication to the other 31 teams that whatever he’s worth he’s not worth keeping by his present team. Does it ever dawn on fans that the other teams n the league value draft picks as much as the Cowboys do? Any team contemplating acquiring Parsons would have to consider all the reasons the Cowboys do not want to keep him. Most teams in the NFL have brighter, more prudent front offices than the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is not going dupe another franchise in the contemporary NFL into a trade that is more advantageous to the Cowboys than the team they’re trading with.

Flamma

Reaction score
Why would Parsons be worth “a ton of draft capital” to a team when the Cowboys offering him in trade would be the clearest indication to the other 31 teams that whatever he’s worth he’s not worth keeping by his present team. Does it ever dawn on fans that the other teams n the league value draft picks as much as the Cowboys do? Any team contemplating acquiring Parsons would have to consider all the reasons the Cowboys do not want to keep him. Most teams in the NFL have brighter, more prudent front offices than the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is not going dupe another franchise in the contemporary NFL into a trade that is more advantageous to the Cowboys than the team they’re trading with.
Parsons would get two first round picks. There are plenty examples of this. Off the top of my head, I have 4 in recent history. Not QBs.

conner01

Reaction score
Sorry, but you don’t get rid of any of them.
Or you get rid of all of them. If you don’t have a QB why pay Lamb? If you don’t have an elite reciever why pay Dak? If you don’t have an offense why pay Micah? Keep them all or dump them all right now including bland and rebuild. A team wins with a good overall roster not one or two good players. The idea of keeping a few pieces while dumping others with no way to replace them is just not logical

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
If he was out of gas, he wouldn’t have put up 400 yards, most of it in the second half with three TDs against the Packers. Him and Ferguson were the only two players that didn’t quit.
Come on Garbage time doesn’t count , if he willed the team to drive back and score even FGs in the 1st half like 14-6 , the game wouldn’t be out of hand .

Flamma

Reaction score
If one has to go it's obviously Lamb. He is easier to replace than Parsons or Dak. But of course if Dak doesn't have Lamb, he will be garbage.

Flamma

Reaction score
Come on Garbage time doesn’t count , if he willed the team to drive back and score even FGs in the 1st half like 14-6 , the game wouldn’t be out of hand .
The game was already over. No pressure, and the defense completely changed. Even backups came in for GB.

Remember that game against Denver a few years ago when we were down 31-0? Dak managed two last drives making it 31-16. That's after Denver changed their entire defense to play 3 deep zone. They didn't have to do that. They just wanted to game to end. There's no difference between 31-0 and 31-16 in the W/L column.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Did you watch the game? Cowboys defense couldn’t stop anyone they were running wide open lol.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
He was good prior to Lamb.
Yes, but he needed good WRs , Amari and pre injury Gallop , Wilson , Dalton etc. remember one year when cowboys went cheap and tried WR by committee what happened, they had to trade for Amari giving premium picks,

Few QBs perform continuously without Elite WRs ( Mahomes, Brady ) but most need some good WRs

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Agreed, Quinn might have been hungover , hel whole D was hungover , LOL. Still no excuse for offense to go totally out of sync and not even sniff FG plus turn the ball over to get to 27-0 .
I mean no there’s no excuse but they stood no chance it was almost like they wanted to lose it was so bad.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yes, but he needed good WRs , Amari and pre injury Gallop , Wilson , Dalton etc. remember one year when cowboys went cheap and tried WR by committee what happened, they had to trade for Amari giving premium picks,

Few QBs perform continuously without Elite WRs ( Mahomes, Brady ) but most need some good WRs
Yeah but even Mahomes needed Kelce. How on earth was Dak suppose to win with Allen Hurns? As a matter of fact most of those guys are out of the league now and were out of the league right afterwards except Cedric Wilson and Beasley….

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Parsons would get two first round picks. There are plenty examples of this. Off the top of my head, I have 4 in recent history. Not QBs.
That netted two firsts? What non-quarterback trades netted two firsts (net, not swapping firsts) in recent history. The fact that all 32 teams have their first round picks in the 2025 draft and only two teams don’t have their 2nds indicates the days of trading away draft capital are over. No team would trade more than a third for Parsons and even that may require Dallas package a sixth with him. Parsons has shortcomings that would make Dallas consider moving him, those shortcomings have not escaped other teams’ attention. Philly got a 2026 3rd round pick in 2026 from the Jets for Reddick, a productive and less expensive edge rusher than what Parson will demand. There will be no trading of Parsons, for anything.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
If they paid Lamb 2 years ago he'd be holding out now for a new deal anyway.
I doubt that coz he would now be going into the 3rd year of that deal which likely means an extension or new deal after this season ( this is based on most standard big-money contracts are 5 years, 3 years guaranteed)

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Of the three I would move Parsons. I wouldn't choose Dak at this point simply because you're freeing up cap room, but that's it. Micah brings you multiple premium draft picks to restock with.
I strongly considered Parsons coz honestly, his health 2-3 years from now scares the heck out of me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Or you get rid of all of them. If you don’t have a QB why pay Lamb? If you don’t have an elite reciever why pay Dak? If you don’t have an offense why pay Micah? Keep them all or dump them all right now including bland and rebuild. A team wins with a good overall roster not one or two good players. The idea of keeping a few pieces while dumping others with no way to replace them is just not logical
They have a QB. A very, very good one.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
I strongly considered Parsons coz honestly, his health 2-3 years from now scares the heck out of me.
Fair concern too. I get that there is a human element to this that has to be factored in, as well as where you team is in its current state, but in large part a GM has to look at his players as stocks and for some of those stocks the goal should be to buy low/sell high. Parsons is the ultimate sell high candidate.