One of the biggest problems for Jerry is Fan Apathy

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They just had their lowest opening weekend tv ratings in a decade. Apathy is setting in whether you want to believe it or not.

That’s a trend across the NFL, not just the Cowboys

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
That’s a trend across the NFL, not just the Cowboys
Heretofore, the Cowboys had bucked that trend. They almost singlehandedly rescued nfl ratings in 2016. If this team is as bad as it has looked thusfar, it's only going to get worse.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Heretofore, the Cowboys had bucked that trend. They almost singlehandedly rescued nfl ratings in 2016. If this team is as bad as it has looked thusfar, it's only going to get worse.

It’s a recent trend, not something that has been going on for years. And don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the Cowboys poor play late last year didn’t contribute to the low viewership last week, just saying there is more going on than that.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My apologies. I don’t know how to explain it. Im just cowboys fan through and through.
I don't understand that. I've never been a fan of any sports team for no reason. I understand it if it's because a friend or family member is a fan of that team. I understand it if you are from that area. I certainly understand it if they are just good and fun to watch. I had all that going when I was growing up with the Cowboys in the 70's and again in the 90's. As a young boy I use to watch Texas Rangers baseball games with my late grandfather, so I became a Ranger's fan. I never became a Mavericks fan because I had no reason to like the Mavs back then... instead I became a Spurs fan just because I liked Iceman Gervin. Is my question not making sense? I've always had a reason to be a fan of a certain team in sports. IMO, you younger fans have been given no reason to be a Cowboys fan for a very long time. I'm just asking for you to make me understand. Jerry Jones is your GM, Jason Garrett is your coach. With no history with the Cowboys champioship years, why be a Cowboys fan in 2018?

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
I don't understand that. I've never been a fan of any sports team for no reason. I understand it if it's because a friend or family member is a fan of that team. I understand it if you are from that area. I certainly understand it if they are just good and fun to watch. I had all that going when I was growing up with the Cowboys in the 70's and again in the 90's. As a young boy I use to watch Texas Rangers baseball games with my late grandfather, so I became a Ranger's fan. I never became a Mavericks fan because I had no reason to like the Mavs back then... instead I became a Spurs fan just because I liked Iceman Gervin. Is my question not making sense? I've always had a reason to be a fan of a certain team in sports. IMO, you younger fans have been given no reason to be a Cowboys fan for a very long time. I'm just asking for you to make me understand. Jerry Jones is your GM, Jason Garrett is your coach. With no history with the Cowboys champioship years, why be a Cowboys fan in 2018?
What’s not to understand? When your a kid or preteen, you pick a team to root for. Basically sound like you chose the boys because they were successful and winning.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What’s not to understand? When your a kid or preteen, you pick a team to root for. Basically sound like you chose the boys because they were successful and winning.
No, as I already explained, when I was growing up my family were all Cowboys fans, we lived in the area and the Cowboys were fun to watch. They hadn't won any Super Bowls when I started watching them. My 19-year-old son is a Packers fan and I don't blame him a bit for picking that team to be a fan of.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
No, as I already explained, when I was growing up my family were all Cowboys fans, we lived in the area and the Cowboys were fun to watch. They hadn't won any Super Bowls when I started watching them. My 19-year-old son is a Packers fan and I don't blame him a bit for picking that team to be a fan of.
I grew up in dc and didn’t like the Commanders. Hated those jerseys. Loved the rivalry. Then I lived in Wisconsin and loved the cowboys rivalry there with the packers it I didn’t become a serious cowboys fan til 98

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
'The Garrett Era'

Is all about accepting mediocre results, and staying out of the playoffs.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
I probably guess we win this game .

50% w-L percentage is what the 'Garrett Era' is all about .

Stay out of the playoffs, and have middle to low of the board draft picks .

SSoup

Reaction score
They just had their lowest opening weekend tv ratings in a decade. Apathy is setting in whether you want to believe it or not.
Add the eyeballs on online streaming and the ratings are fine, I'm sure. Streaming is just now starting to take a bite out of sports after years of streaming gutting every form of programming besides live sports. Sports isn't immune to it the way it once was. That's all.