One of the worse wins this team has ever had

heir

Reaction score
I am not high on this team. Haven't been all year and I don't plan to be until they show something and win playoff games.

That being said. This was a good win. Good wins don't mean exciting games. Thursday night games are always bad. The game was boring but to get manhandled two weeks in a row and have to travel on a short week for the first time in franchise history, to battle all the crappy penalties, injuries and win was good.

Now this win means nothing in the overall scheme of things and doesn't change my outlook on the season overall.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
They very well could win the division.
Yeah and get blown out and become a one and done in the playoffs with a +20 pick. Just stupid if they try to pull something that idiotic.

And they aren’t winning the division with a roster this anemic and with coaching this abysmal. Not against Philly and the Commanders. Neither of those teams are all world but they look 100x better than us on paper and on the field.

rambo2

Reaction score
Yeah and get blown out and become a one and done in the playoffs with a +20 pick. Just stupid if they try to pull something that idiotic.

And they aren’t winning the division with a roster this anemic and with coaching this abysmal. Not against Philly and the Commanders. Neither of those teams are all world but they look 100x better than us on paper and on the field.
Keep watching Miss Cleo. It's a long season.

SackMaster

Reaction score
They are going nowhere THIS SEASON. Or next season as well. But I have proposed a 4 year tank plan that could lead this team to success if drafting correctly (which we tend to do more or less).

Getting a high draft pick is certainly more beneficial than trying to win this season. This team is anemic in every position. Why even try? What’s the point? That’s like the 2017 Browns trying to win it all. Just tank and rebuild.
If your "4 year tank plan" doesn't include an ownership change, then you are no better than the Jones' themselves.

Just sayin'

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
If your "4 year tank plan" doesn't include an ownership change, then you are no better than the Jones' themselves.

Just sayin'
4 year tank plan includes Jerry drinking so much from getting blown out every week that he either A.) continues to go senile and has to retire for his health or B.) gets ran out of the city of Dallas and escapes on his yacht, never to be seen again

rambo2

Reaction score
You are definitely a glass half full fan. Even if it's piss...lol
Lol, I've seen a lot of football. The most important thing is that they got the win to go 2 and 2 and now they the rest to recover and prepare for the Steelers. A good chance to go 3 and 2 and go from there.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
There is no such thing. Sometimes when you are struggling like the Cowboys are you just need a win of any kind. I will never say a win is the worst we've ever had. That doesn't exist.
Yeah but people here love to catastrophize.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Lol, I've seen a lot of football. The most important thing is that they got the win to go 2 and 2 and now they the rest to recover and prepare for the Steelers. A good chance to go 3 and 2 and go from there.
I've seen, coached and evaluated a lot of football.
There's an equally good chance to go 2 and 3.
You’re known for your eternal optimism.
Hope only gets one so far.
They're probably the 7th or 8th best team in the NFC right now. Can't play the Giants every week.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
With the team the Cowboys have just be glad they won. Could be the last win for a while.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I've seen, coached and evaluated a lot of football.
There's an equally good chance to go 2 and 3.
You’re known for your eternal optimism.
Hope only gets one so far.
They're probably the 7th or 8th best team in the NFC right now. Can't play the Giants every week.
If you’ve “coached a lot of football” like you say you have then you know you don’t give up after less than a quarter of the games have been played. They have opportunities to improve like they did this game. :facepalm:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
If you’ve “coached a lot of football” like you say you have then you know you don’t give up after less than a quarter of the games have been played. They have opportunities to improve like they did this game. :facepalm:
What, Hopeless Pessimism isn’t a strategy either? Lol.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Well, Crocky, if I were a coach in this scenario, I would be the opposing coach. After evaluating my opponent, I would be quite confident knowing my game plan will be successful against them.
They don't play the Giants every week. Eventually you gotta defeat a solid team.
You might wanna take the next month off from the internet.
It might be too much for you to handle.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry loves you. Keep handing over that money.
How can being happy with a win, any type of win be handing money over to Jerry?

I mean, aren't you doing the same thing by watching? Coming in here and posting your usual negativity.

And don't say by buying merchandise, because even if you do not, you have no idea who is or is not, unless they say they are or are not.