One of the worse wins this team has ever had

LovinItAll

Reaction score
They’re not even that high of a win team, not with this schedule at least.

Maybe 3 wins max.

Don’t be dejected. We need to tank anyways. If anything, winning hurt this team more than helped it. This team is not going anywhere this season. That is extremely clear to me and it should be to anyone with common sense. Why not just tank for a good pick and start rebuilding the team?

You have to have a little bit of rain to get sunshine. We’re entering the rough part of the storm for this team right now.

3 wins max? I’ll take the over for the ranch, Bob.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
This is a team we should've dominated. this shouldn't have been a measuring stick game, but it was, and we don't measure up to where we should at this point of the season...

Hmm….the line was -5,5. We win by 5 and it should’ve been 8 (missed FG).

- We only had the ball 24 minutes

- Penalties continue to kill us. Who knows how many points they cost us

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Going into Pitt is going to be brutal especially for Guyton.

Detroit is going to be brutal for the defense and Guyton.

SF has owned the best version of this team for the last 3 years and this isn’t the best version. SF will be healthier by then.

It could really be 2-8 because after SF is:

@Atlanta - they should’ve beat KC
Philly - the only thing they do well is run, and they have a OC that knows all of McCarthys plays and a DC that is Dak’s kryptonite.

Houston - much more talented than Dallas

Then the next “should be favored game” is Washington where Daniels looks great early and they have a HC that knows the Dallas playbook, and players that know all their former teammates strengths/weaknesses.

If Dallas is 5-5 or better after 10 games I’ll be shocked.

Havic

Reaction score
We got the win but we have a bunch of problems which will be exposed when we play against the league average or better teams.

This is a 6-8 win football team

Hadenough

Reaction score
Normally I've not the one to be negative about a game the Cowboys win. But this win just makes me have an dejected feeling. Nothing they did tonight makes me believe they'll be better than a 7 or 8 win team at most.
This is the type of win they needed to have against Baltimore. A tough gritty ugly win. Having it against a doormat of a team just tells me that reality has set in and this Cowboys team is not very good.
This was a feel good game for the people that don't really know football.

starfan1

Reaction score
Lots of football geniuses in here. Any win that ticks off the negative Nancy’s in here is a solid win. Go join papsmear

.need to tank my fanny.

Need to make a trade for another weapon. I wish I had the ability to jump through the tv and strangle McCarthy sometimes . What an idiot

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not just tank for a good pick and start rebuilding the team?
Jerry Jones' GM draft oversight after kicking Jimmy Johnson to the curb--I mean parting amicably with his two-time defending Super Bowl head coach--after his team finished below .500 during the regular season:

2015: finished 4-12, ended up picking 4th overall and selected Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State
2002: finished 5-11, ended up picking 5th overall and selected Terence Newman, DB, Kansas State
2001: finished 5-11, ended up picking 8th overall and selected Roy Williams, DB, Oklahoma
2020: finished 6-10, ended up picking 12th overall and selected Micah Parsons, LB, Penn State
2010: finished 6-10, ended up picking 9th overall and selected Tyron Smith, T, USC
2004: finished 6-10, ended up picking 11th overall and selected Demarcus Ware, DE, Troy
1997: finished 6-10, ended up picking 8th overall and selected Greg Ellis, DE, North Carolina

Let's review. Demarcus Ware. Hall of famer. Tyron Smith. Probable hall of famer. Micah Parsons. Possible hall of famer (still iffy this early). Greg Ellis and Terence Newman. Solid players. Roy Williams and Ezekiel Elliott. Really good players who fizzled out pretty quickly.

Did the teams tank the season before these players were picked in the draft? Does it matter? Tanking means, losing games intentionally or inadvertently in order to gain a higher first-round draft selections primarily, who will be the foundation of future Super Bowl competing teams.

Two questions, Mr. Tanker.

How have tanking-like seasons translated into rebuilt seasons during the Jerry Jones GM regime? And. Why do you believe the odds favor your assumption that tanking this year under the Jerry Jones regime will eventually end up with better postseason results?

Picking high in the draft is a good thing. However, picking high in the draft means nothing if management and coaching cannot convert high draft picks into Super Bowl contending teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is the kind of win I want to see against the Bills or 49ers. The Giants are the league's doormat. Have we been reduced to scraping out an ugly win against them?

Flamma

Reaction score
Does anyone at all know the difference between worse and worst?
Or even than or then.

Hmm….the line was -5,5. We win by 5 and it should’ve been 8 (missed FG).

- We only had the ball 24 minutes

- Penalties continue to kill us. Who knows how many points they cost us
If you sell TVs, you're making a lot of money on Friday. I'm glad I'm not a gambler anymore. Losses like that are brutal.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dallas is not going to be able to ditch Dak soon enough to make a 2026 QB worthwhile unless the plan is to have him sit for 2 years at minimum.
Well, I probably want to wait till the end of this season before I make any big predictions.However I don't think it's going to be Dak's best year.
A rookie's going to have a light salary, so he can compete and do garbage time his first year.
Then the following year compete for the starting job,
at which time both sides could agree to a trade for Dak, or he could just grab some pine.