One of the worse wins this team has ever had

jgboys1

Reaction score
They’re not even that high of a win team, not with this schedule at least.

Maybe 3 wins max.

Don’t be dejected. We need to tank anyways. If anything, winning hurt this team more than helped it. This team is not going anywhere this season. That is extremely clear to me and it should be to anyone with common sense. Why not just tank for a good pick and start rebuilding the team?

You have to have a little bit of rain to get sunshine. We’re entering the rough part of the storm for this team right now.
With Dak's extension it is going to be more like category 5 hurricane with a couple of tornados thrown into the mix. Jerry really messed up this teams future with Dak's and Cee Dee's new contracts..

shabazz

Reaction score
Oh contrare.....Mark Schlereth just said on National TV that we solved our run stopping problem

Brooksey

Reaction score
Everybody calm down. A win is a win, 13 in a row against NY is impressive.

We need more Leupke

jujoboys

Reaction score
Normally I've not the one to be negative about a game the Cowboys win. But this win just makes me have an dejected feeling. Nothing they did tonight makes me believe they'll be better than a 7 or 8 win team at most.
I give them a pass on this game for the following reasons: 1) They finished their game Sunday around 7:00. They basically had Monday and Tuesday to prepare and recover from playing a very physical Ravens' team. Then Wednesday was a travel day halfway across the US. The Giants basically got an extra day of preparation with no travel on a very short week. 2) The injury issue at CB. Being without Bland and Carson and having to start Booth and Oruwariye killed our pass defense. When you are having to play your 5th CB and a practice squad CB you can expect the other team to keep attacking those guys. You got the kind of CB play you expected from guys that low on the depth chart.

The part that concerns me were the penalties. We have to clean that stuff up. We can't have long distances to go on offense with a young inexperienced OLine. Also, i hate how Zimmer is using Micah. I don't like lining him up at DE, especially against Andrew Thomas. A DC is supposed to create mismatches. Having Parsons lined up against the Giants' best OLineman for about 20 plays is not creating a mismatch.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Overall, the team played better than the previous two loses... not great, but good enough to show improvement and win.

If that is a stepping stone to continued improvement, then wonderful.

Jarntt

Reaction score
The Drama Queens on this board continue. I'm just going to assume it's really the Eagle's fans on here trolling. Division win the road on 3 days rest that took us to 2-2 (1-0 in the division) instead of 1-3 and the two teams in front of us aren't very good and certainly may be tied with us and then behind us pretty soon. New DC, 2 new OL, our top WR held out, our #2 receiving threat missed one of the losses Oh, and our All Pro CB still hasn't played this year. MAYBE a trade deadline acquisition. Perhaps this team by year end is better than they were after week 3 and no one in their right mind expected a SB this year in the first place. Regardless it's a week to week league and things are never as good or as bad as they seem.

Go Cowboys!

gtb1943

Reaction score
we have had worse wins for certain

this win had a couple of bright spots with Mazi being one of them

The defense did not look like the Keystone Kops of last two weeks.

rambo2

Reaction score
Going into Pitt is going to be brutal especially for Guyton.

Detroit is going to be brutal for the defense and Guyton.

SF has owned the best version of this team for the last 3 years and this isn’t the best version. SF will be healthier by then.

It could really be 2-8 because after SF is:

@Atlanta - they should’ve beat KC
Philly - the only thing they do well is run, and they have a OC that knows all of McCarthys plays and a DC that is Dak’s kryptonite.

Houston - much more talented than Dallas

Then the next “should be favored game” is Washington where Daniels looks great early and they have a HC that knows the Dallas playbook, and players that know all their former teammates strengths/weaknesses.

If Dallas is 5-5 or better after 10 games I’ll be shocked.
Save this for later.

rambo2

Reaction score
we have had worse wins for certain

this win had a couple of bright spots with Mazi being one of them

The defense did not look like the Keystone Kops of last two weeks.
Yes see Mazi, Overshown, Luepke, Lamb, and our qb that everybody takes for granted.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I didn't go anywhere.
LOL.

Sure you didnt.

Hows that running back room looking to you? How about the defense they lost all those starters on?

You assured me they would be ok.

How you feeling about your assessment?

rambo2

Reaction score
I've seen, coached and evaluated a lot of football.
There's an equally good chance to go 2 and 3.
You’re known for your eternal optimism.
Hope only gets one so far.
They're probably the 7th or 8th best team in the NFC right now. Can't play the Giants every week.
The Steelers game will be a tossup and the Steelers aren't going to win every game.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't know. I've been watching the Cowboys a long time, and this so called "one of the worst wins" doesn't even crack the top 10!!