One possible reason why JJ hasn't signed any of the big 3

CowboyChris

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

Face it Cowboy Fans our team might just be broke!! lol Fire Away!!!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

WHAT!!! what do you mean they don't have the money?

they are the most valued franchise of any sport team in the world. so tell me how they don't have money? they are always one of the highes revenue teams in the league.

are you crazy!? yeah you are crazy...

1942willys

Reaction score
When you have property worth billions, getting a loan on that for millions is pretty cheap. so IF they had to do that it is absolutely NOT a problem so the OP is all wet

CowboyChris

Reaction score

they are the most valued franchise of any sport team in the world. so tell me how they don't have money? they are always one of the highes revenue teams in the league.

re-read my post champ, i think it explains all your concerns

Chasing6

Reaction score
I would find this hard to believe. However, Jerry is also constructing a lot of buildings at the same time. Maybe he has over leveraged himself, but I seriously doubt it. He is a risk taker.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
When you have property worth billions, getting a loan on that for millions is pretty cheap. so IF they had to do that it is absolutely NOT a problem so the OP is all wet
just maybe you start sinking 1.2 billion into a gas company and it continues to tank, plus buying choppers, yachts, jets etc you might have a cash flow problem

ATXSRT

Reaction score
The most valuable franchise in all of sports doesn't have money to sign their players.... lol

rambo2

Reaction score

The agents hold it up.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
When the stadium and star were first built I might have believed it as they were leveraged to the hilt but there is no excuse for them not to be prepared for those signing bonuses heading into this offseason.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
How many players left in free agency? The lack of money isn't the issue, the issue is Al Davis Jr pretending to be a football guy.

Don't take this to mean I want Jerry to sign any of the greedy turds, especially Dak, I'm just pointing out who the blame goes to for screwing everything up in the first place.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
How many players left in free agency? The lack of money isn't the issue, the issue is Al Davis Jr pretending to be a football guy.

Don't take this to mean I want Jerry to sign any of the greedy turds, especially Dak, I'm just pointing out who the blame goes to for screwing everything up in the first place.
I wasn't specifically speaking about FA, I was referring to why the team hasn't signed Dak, CeeDee or Micah.

Reaction score

CD/Micah trade bait for a high draft pick/ chance to get a top QB. If they get the QB they want then no contract for Dak. Or maybe they are traded for help on the OL and defense so they can be less reliant on Dak.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
LOL and then you see they had $1.4B in revenue last year. Even if they were somehow not liquid the club would have creditors lining up to loan them the money.

Reactions: CWR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

The question is if the ignorance is intentional or not.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The question is if the ignorance is intentional or not.
The real question is, is he trying to position the team to be sold? The Cowboys are a Cash Cow, as a Country we are economically heading for a disaster, is there any better time to sell the Cowboys?

If you were buying a team would you want to be in cap hell? Would you want to be buying a team that had a lot of long term commitments?

Or would you want to buy a team that, had little to no long term commitments, $100M in cap space next year and no Coaching staff. This way as the new owner you could create your own path.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The real question is, is he trying to position the team to be sold? The Cowboys are a Cash Cow, as a Country we are economically heading for a disaster, is there any better time to sell the Cowboys?

If you were buying a team would you want to be in cap hell? Would you want to be buying a team that had a lot of long term commitments?

Or would you want to buy a team that, had little to no long term commitments, $100M in cap space next year and no Coaching staff. This way as the new owner you could create your own path.
Thanks for clarifying.

diamonddelts

Reaction score

The Big 3? Lol. More like the miniture trio.