One possible reason why JJ hasn't signed any of the big 3

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Teams do have to put money aside when signing a player to guarantee payment. I've heard of instances in the past where a team couldn't do it and as a result couldn't sign the player. We're not talking about $350 million fully guaranteed contracts, though, like they give out in baseball. I don't suspect covering $135 is a problem for Dallas but maybe. Johnny Walker Blue is nor free.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Teams do have to put money aside when signing a player to guarantee payment. I've heard of instances in the past where a team couldn't do it and as a result couldn't sign the player. We're not talking about $350 million fully guaranteed contracts, though, like they give out in baseball. I don't suspect covering $135 is a problem for Dallas but maybe. Johnny Walker Blue is nor free.
Well signing bonuses get paid out quickly. If CD is expecting $100M and Micah $100M that is not chump change.

plymkr

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

Face it Cowboy Fans our team might just be broke!! lol Fire Away!!!
Interesting theory. It’s not impossible. Hopefully they lose so much money in other businesses that they are forced to sell the Cowboys.

I know what I’m praying for tonight.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
this has nothing to do with him buying Comstock?

Every year each team is given an equal percentage of the cap which these 2 idiots have spent 60M out of the 220M on Dak alone for 2024.

DCBoysfan

Hardwork and Dedication
Reaction score
The big 3 hasn’t been signed because the Jones’s has miss managed past contracts and Jerry is intent on operating like it still the 90’s..

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH THEY MAKE AS A FRANCHISE, all NFL teams have the same cap number!

Flamma

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

I started laughing as I was reading this, but only because you could be right. Forget signing bonuses, all guaranteed money has to be set aside. Regardless of how rich they are, it's not always easy to find roughly 400 million dollars just laying around. How did I come up with that number? I added up the guaranteed money in Bosa, Deebo, and Burrow's contracts. It's close to 400 million. Clearing that much money up is probably not as easy as people think.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
It also could be (although I highly doubt it) they want to see if they get any calls / blow their socks off offers for any of the 3 in a trade for high draft picks during draft - extensions would prevent that for the two (Cee Dee and Micah) or make it difficult where maybe someone says let’s give them the farm
Of course less likely w Dak as he would have to agree with any trade but the other two is a possibility (again I highly doubt it )
Just a thought

Chasing6

Reaction score
It also could be (although I highly doubt it) they want to see if they get any calls / blow their socks off offers for any of the 3 in a trade for high draft picks during draft - extensions would prevent that for the two (Cee Dee and Micah) or make it difficult where maybe someone says let’s give them the farm
Of course less likely w Dak as he would have to agree with any trade but the other two is a possibility (again I highly doubt it )
Just a thought
Well we know GM Jethro does not make calls and Stephen answer them, but has no idea who he is talking to.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Well we know GM Jethro does not make calls and Stephen answer them, but has no idea who he is talking to.
True
Someone might call them - who knows
Knowing them
Someone would offer a 4 and 7 for one of them and they would take it

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I saw lately that the Cowboys are 24 mil under the cap, so if that's true, it'll take up much of the draftees before all is said and done.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Thats a bit silly right there my friend, Jerry could spend as much money as he wanted to if had wanted to.
Jerry cannot spell out 2024 any clearer than he has already done thus far.
If Jerrys actions are not obvious than we must adjust our attention a bit.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I saw lately that the Cowboys are 24 mil under the cap, so if that's true, it'll take up much of the draftees before all is said and done.
$24M maybe dead cap. We are roughly $6M below the cap.

CWR

Reaction score
The real question is, is he trying to position the team to be sold? The Cowboys are a Cash Cow, as a Country we are economically heading for a disaster, is there any better time to sell the Cowboys?

If you were buying a team would you want to be in cap hell? Would you want to be buying a team that had a lot of long term commitments?

Or would you want to buy a team that, had little to no long term commitments, $100M in cap space next year and no Coaching staff. This way as the new owner you could create your own path.
That would make this whole off season worth it. I doubt it though.

GMO415

Reaction score

spock-fascinating.gif

1942willys

Reaction score
just maybe you start sinking 1.2 billion into a gas company and it continues to tank, plus buying choppers, yachts, jets etc you might have a cash flow problem
$1.4 Billion in revenue at least; possibly more. Makes your claim ridiculous. He only needs a fraction of that to sign the contracts