One possible reason why JJ hasn't signed any of the big 3

HotDog37

Reaction score
The Biggest reason is the contracts that all 3 may want. Basically, if you sign record breaking positional contracts to all three you get the rest of the players out of the dumpster and the draft.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
you cannot even get the numbers right.
And I guess you also never heard of tax lawyers
i googled cowboys 2024 revenue, and i got 1.14, i simply asked how much of that revenue is taxed, yes i’m aware of tax lawyers, that doesn’t answer my question

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
if you guys would buy some more of that kiddie gear and gene's baggy butt jeans for your ladies we could afford players. don't for get to buy some artwork. sheesh cheap skates help out the jones. Buy some fake super bowl rings too. smh

John813

Reaction score
We don’t have the cap to do that in 2024.

Re-signing CDL should drop his cap hit for 2024 of 17.99mil.
St Brown 2024 cap hit after signing his new 4yr-120mil deal is 4.8mil, per OTC and Spotrac.
*Now of course, the details of his yearly cap hits may change as it was just signed.

Any extension should be min vet base salary + prorated signing bonus for 2024, IMO.

Rayman70

Reaction score
If they extended Dak, they would instantly have plenty of money to sign all of them. Its total bs about the money. They just refuse to create the room because they aren't all in with Dak. Thus, why we traded for Lance.I saw 1 mock draft last night that had us drafting Bo Nix at 24. Which I highly doubt happens.

1942willys

Reaction score
i googled cowboys 2024 revenue, and i got 1.14, i simply asked how much of that revenue is taxed, yes i’m aware of tax lawyers, that doesn’t answer my question
the only people that could answer that are Jerry\s tax lawyers and he probably has the best since he can afford them
There are so many ways to avoid taxes when you are rich
so bluntly speaking no matter how hard you try you are simply wrong that they do not have the money to sign them.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

Face it Cowboy Fans our team might just be broke!! lol Fire Away!!!
These 2 seem so incompetent I guess it's within the realm of possibility.

Creeper

Reaction score
I doubt Jerry and the Cowboys have cash flow problems like that, and I doubt Jerry would leverage the Cowboys to support his other businesses. That would be really stupid from a business perspective. If his other businesses get in trouble it might force Jerry to sell the Cowboys which is the last thing he would do I think. I also wonder if the league would be happy about him leveraging his NFL franchise to pay for other business interests. I don't know that the NFL would be happy about some bank taking ownership of an NFL franchise because the owner messed up some other business.

Of course none of us get to look at the books for the Cowboys, but I am guessing they have a sizable chunk of cash in a Cowboys bank account somewhere, enough to pay Dak's signing bonus for sure.

dstew60105

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

HUH? Jerry is worth 12-14B. The Cowboys are the most profitable NFL team by a mile. It isn't a money issue.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

They have a plan to pay all three, it will just require time to make it happen. Rolling over money from this year to next year is a big part of the plan.

Reid1boys

Reaction score

now Ive read it all in here.

Go start a thread saying we will be drafting OJ in the second rd... that is about as accurate as the team has no cash flow.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Interesting theory. It’s not impossible. Hopefully they lose so much money in other businesses that they are forced to sell the Cowboys.

I know what I’m praying for tonight.
Ive never thought about thay before....i guess i thought it would be forever.

New ownership? A real nfl gm?

Please god amen!:laugh:

1time4urMind

Reaction score

LOL This is hilarious. You may have a point if you are talking about me budgeting my monthly bills and trying to buy a couple of toys with cash. But, that is not the way big money works. Lol
You don't spend or invest your cash assets like that when you are a billionaire. Money flows freely, interest rates are a negligible joke. It's a completely different world.

raven55

Reaction score
really if you look at it sign cee dee, trade big mouth parsons and don't give dak anything to protect him and then trade him when he knows he's gonna get hurt solves the problem but I'm thinking like a eagles GM not the wanna bees

1942willys

Reaction score
They have not done anything because they choose to do nothing and it is NOT about cash flow