One possible reason why JJ hasn't signed any of the big 3

Mannix

Reaction score
As each day passes, I am convinced MORE THAN EVER that this mess is 100% the fault of his bumbling son Chuckles....Jerry is over 80+ years old.....WHY WOULDN'T HE WANT TO GO ALL IN???????

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
As each day passes, I am convinced MORE THAN EVER that this mess is 100% the fault of his bumbling son Chuckles....Jerry is over 80+ years old.....WHY WOULDN'T HE WANT TO GO ALL IN???????
Why wouldn't he do everything he could to win a 4th and 5th SB in the 90's....its not about want, its about what he is willing to give up to get it..and the main thing he needs to give up, he is not willing to ....

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
The reason is that Jerry is a part time GM and is too busy doing other deals away from football. He doesn't focus on it because he thinks players should feel privileged to wear the "Star" and take whatever is offered.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I can watch the games for free, just not funding donations for a long time now.
Technically most of the revenue comes from the TV contracts..so yes you can watch the games for free (well you most likley pay for some service, not saying tied to the Cowboys but tied to recieving a signal) ..the ratings from people watching are what gets them paid..Technically anyway.

1942willys

Reaction score
Technically most of the revenue comes from the TV contracts..so yes you can watch the games for free (well you most likley pay for some service, not saying tied to the Cowboys but tied to recieving a signal) ..the ratings from people watching are what gets them paid..Technically anyway.
not unless you are a Nielsen family....

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

Face it Cowboy Fans our team might just be broke!! lol Fire Away!!!
Say what????? I don't think JJ's outside spending habits have anything to do with the football side of things. It could be that JJ is just gun shy about spending money on 3 players who went MIA in the playoffs.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
They have not done anything because they choose to do nothing and it is NOT about cash flow
you never know, i’m not saying there broke, but when you start sinking billions (cash) into a gas company and its tanking, it doesn’t take long for things to tighten up! and who knows what else they have invested in along the way, the fact is….if they were to sign the big 3, it’s going to take at least 130 million in signing bonuses to get that done! you can call it lazy, incompetent or whatever, i’m just saying there might be a reason why they announced that they were going to wait till training camp before attempting to sign any of them!

face it, JJ and his Clown son are scratching and clawing for a buck lol

BKBDAD

Reaction score
Here's a (possible) reason why JJ/SJ hasn't signed any of the big 3 (Dak, CD, Micah) it could be that the Cowboys just don't have the money! which kind've make sense, because when you want to buy something and you don't have the cash, guess what? you can't get it!

to sign Dak, CeeDee, and Micah you will probably need about 135 million in signing bonuses combined, not too mention adding any other FA players or any of the ones we have lost so far.

by now you might think I'm crazy, but did you know ol Jerry just bought 100 million dollars worth of Comstock (Natural Gas) company? this was about 3 weeks ago, which might explain a possible cash flow problem. I'm sure he has alot of money tied up in other things too.

which also might explain why SJ is so damn cheap, I often joke about the cheeseburger and fries for a signing bonus, but who knows!!

so I know the team is worth 7 gazillion dollars, but it could be the team doesn't have the cash flow because its using money in other places which wouldn't surprise me one bit, and JJ/SJ aren't about to start taking out 100 million dollar loans to pay players their signing bonuses.

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/st...l-gas-bet-by-100-million-CXyx7O9r9Rqhq2ieCE5e

Face it Cowboy Fans our team might just be broke!! lol Fire Away!!!
They arent in any way broke, they just have a 60 million dollar QB that they don't know what to do with! Pay him this season and move or give him an extension? I hope they just pay him this season and begin again!