One thing I'll give Dak credit for is he's a professional

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
My issue with him has nothing to do with dedication, preparation or professionalism.....it's solely about performance when it counts most
With how he has behaved in his career. This is the only issue for Cowboys fans.

He is a great guy, but hasn't had the results.

shabazz

Reaction score
With how he has behaved in his career. This is the only issue for Cowboys fans.

He is a great guy, but hasn't had the results.
And his community outreach has been second to none.....I put him up there with Mother Theresa

zerofill

Reaction score
It’s not secret that’s I’m not the biggest believer of Dak. I wasn’t cool with Trey but I don’t think it would been a a huge drop off to let Dak walk and replace him a qb like Mayfield or Cousins.

That said he’s the unequivocal leader of this team. You can perceived that as good or bad, that’s your choice. But I wish our other leaders and players in general were as dedicated to helping this team win. It’s quite obvious this team has been unprepared going into the game this season. Dak future with this team was as up in the air as any other player whose contract as best the end but yet he’s never missed a practice or opportunity to be out there with the team. and when it comes to weekly preparation. He doesn’t miss a day. After Sunday the big complaint from players and coaches was preparation. It was echoed that the final walkthrough practice on Thursday was terrible. That’s compounded by the fact that it’s reported that a lot of the vets used are utilizing their vet days on Wednesday. . There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
I would have taken Mayfield every day of the week. Always said I would.

triplets_93

Reaction score
It’s not secret that’s I’m not the biggest believer of Dak. I wasn’t cool with Trey but I don’t think it would been a a huge drop off to let Dak walk and replace him a qb like Mayfield or Cousins.

That said he’s the unequivocal leader of this team. You can perceived that as good or bad, that’s your choice. But I wish our other leaders and players in general were as dedicated to helping this team win. It’s quite obvious this team has been unprepared going into the game this season. Dak future with this team was as up in the air as any other player whose contract as best the end but yet he’s never missed a practice or opportunity to be out there with the team. and when it comes to weekly preparation. He doesn’t miss a day. After Sunday the big complaint from players and coaches was preparation. It was echoed that the final walkthrough practice on Thursday was terrible. That’s compounded by the fact that it’s reported that a lot of the vets used are utilizing their vet days on Wednesday. . There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
If this team can be lead around by an overpaid and under-achieving QB, then that's saying something. All of Dak's extra practicing, and he still can't throw a 5 yard pass to Zeke.
The evidence is right in front of you, yet you are looking and thinking about something else. Which is your right to do. But you can't put sprinkles on poop and make me think it's tasty.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I didn't say "they could've got rid of Prescott" anywhere. That's not what i was suggesting nor even talking about, bud. I was talking about how fun it is to watch these retread QBs and how Dallas missed the RB boat (I even said Dak can't do it alone). I KNOW Dallas had no choice at the QB position. It was the right call resigning him. Imagine Dallas letting Prescott walk and signing Darnold or Dalton? The world would've exploded! Nobody could've even remotely predicted how well these QBs would do doing, as much as we all like to think that we can.

I admire your gusto but read the response before you waste your time on a long, drawn out response looking to take shots at anti-Dak posters. Logic over emotion, my friend.
But those guys are not available nor were they really truly available because Prescott was under contract this year so next year you don't know which quarterbacks are available that was my point.... Acting like these mids can do this long term and no it usually all comes crashing down and I'm betting by the end of this year there's gonna be a different tone for a lot of teams and a lot of players because there is a long season ahead..

I mean you realize like Jordan love last year you don't remember the first what eight games they were talking about him being a boss they waited all this time for a bad player they couldn't get it and look what happened and our teams going through something similar right now with all the transitions and the new players and the rookies and everyone thinks it's gonna be over if we lose tonight and it isn't gonna be good if we lose tonight but the way we started this season it's never over till it's over..

And yes on the running backs it would have been nice to have one of these young running backs and maybe Jerry will make a trade because you know Miami and The Jets have like way too many there's some young guys out there on other teams he could probably get for a decent draft pick however this is a Mike McCarthy issue in my opinion I don't think he understands how to utilize his running backs even The Jets everyone thought breeze hall is like the next superstar the dudes never even had a 1000 yard season yes yes some talent but they're splitting carries with Alan now that's like a running back by committee they're doing it properly we're not using Vaughn correctly we're not using Turpin correctly this is a Mike McCarthy issue and along with the offensive line going through some growing pains I don't think Emmett Smith would make this a better bing game right now.​
I think that's my opinion but I don't believe what I'm seeing is a roster issue most teams can play with a running back by committee if they have the blocking schemes and they use the right player in the right situation for the right play 'cause they're not doing that right now I believe Mike McCarthy starts the season with about 15 plays he comes up with out of his playbook for each game and it seems like they're on a loop and no matter what happens in a game he's calling the same 15 plays he's not creative he's using the wrong players for the wrong place and it makes no sense why didn't he even run the ball in the second-half against Cleveland much I don't get it it was the perfect time to work on your run game coming out of no preseason work with the starters being up big in the second-half he's throwing all third quarter..​
So I believe no matter who we had on this roster at running back I don't think it would look much different/.. I mean he had Tony Pollard last year and he could have used Rico the opposite way that's what I'm talking about this happened last year as well I don't like him anymore as a play caller I would take Kelly Moore back right now and that's saying a lot you know how hard that is to say?.​

chagus

Reaction score
Of course there are multiple problems. I mean who is denying that? NOBODY!

The problem is threads like this....DAK IS A PROFESSIONAL....A LEADER!

Why people try to sell this so dang hard is...weird. Right now he's a schmuck like the rest of the team.

Except Aubrey. :)

But those guys are not available nor were they really truly available because Prescott was under contract this year so next year you don't know which quarterbacks are available that was my point.... Acting like these mids can do this long term and no it usually all comes crashing down and I'm betting by the end of this year there's gonna be a different tone for a lot of teams and a lot of players because there is a long season ahead..

I mean you realize like Jordan love last year you don't remember the first what eight games they were talking about him being a boss they waited all this time for a bad player they couldn't get it and look what happened and our teams going through something similar right now with all the transitions and the new players and the rookies and everyone thinks it's gonna be over if we lose tonight and it isn't gonna be good if we lose tonight but the way we started this season it's never over till it's over..

And yes on the running backs it would have been nice to have one of these young running backs and maybe Jerry will make a trade because you know Miami and The Jets have like way too many there's some young guys out there on other teams he could probably get for a decent draft pick however this is a Mike McCarthy issue in my opinion I don't think he understands how to utilize his running backs even The Jets everyone thought breeze hall is like the next superstar the dudes never even had a 1000 yard season yes yes some talent but they're splitting carries with Alan now that's like a running back by committee they're doing it properly we're not using Vaughn correctly we're not using Turpin correctly this is a Mike McCarthy issue and along with the offensive line going through some growing pains I don't think Emmett Smith would make this a better bing game right now.​
I think that's my opinion but I don't believe what I'm seeing is a roster issue most teams can play with a running back by committee if they have the blocking schemes and they use the right player in the right situation for the right play 'cause they're not doing that right now I believe Mike McCarthy starts the season with about 15 plays he comes up with out of his playbook for each game and it seems like they're on a loop and no matter what happens in a game he's calling the same 15 plays he's not creative he's using the wrong players for the wrong place and it makes no sense why didn't he even run the ball in the second-half against Cleveland much I don't get it it was the perfect time to work on your run game coming out of no preseason work with the starters being up big in the second-half he's throwing all third quarter..​
So I believe no matter who we had on this roster at running back I don't think it would look much different/.. I mean he had Tony Pollard last year and he could have used Rico the opposite way that's what I'm talking about this happened last year as well I don't like him anymore as a play caller I would take Kelly Moore back right now and that's saying a lot you know how hard that is to say?.​
I feel your pain, fellow Dallas Cowboy fanatic. Moore? Yikes. Keeping Pollard wouldve helped but perhaps you are correct in the coaching assessment. Wasnt it, maybe even the last couple of seasons, we've seen opposing players talk about how predictable the offense is? Thats coaching all the way.

Also... yeah i know none of them QBs were available. Again, i wast suggesting bringing in them in. 1.) AS you mentioned, not available and 2.) who in there RIGHT mind would even THINK that these guys could replace and actually lead a team to victory? They are has-beens and busts! Hence, my enjoyment in watching said players perform with their new teams. Success is way more entertaining to watch than inadequacy and defeat.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I feel your pain, fellow Dallas Cowboy fanatic. Moore? Yikes. Keeping Pollard wouldve helped but perhaps you are correct in the coaching assessment. Wasnt it, maybe even the last couple of seasons, we've seen opposing players talk about how predictable the offense is? Thats coaching all the way.

Also... yeah i know none of them QBs were available. Again, i wast suggesting bringing in them in. 1.) AS you mentioned, not available and 2.) who in there RIGHT mind would even THINK that these guys could replace and actually lead a team to victory? They are has-beens and busts! Hence, my enjoyment in watching said players perform with their new teams. Success is way more entertaining to watch than inadequacy and defeat.
no it wouldnt Pollard 156 yards over 3 games 4 YPC at 6-8mil LOL He

isnt better than what we have now IMHO..I dotn thnk ES22 could help this run game the way its designed, blocked and called..MM doesnt seem to be locked in, get this rotation called better and it will improved. TP last year wasnt special and so far hes been just a guy with the TT.. we will draft a stud next year, book it..same thing 2015= post Murray RBBC old dudes, 2016 welcome Zeke