One thing I'll give Dak credit for is he's a professional

Pipelayer72

Reaction score
You have to be strong and confident as a leader exuding bravado and maintaining poise during stressful moments. I've noticed on many occasions through the years Dak gets that glazed look on his face like he's bewildered when the game isn't going well. He almost looks scared at times and when his teammates see that it could and probably does make them question his ability to lead with grit and intestinal fortitude. His seeming lack of confidence at times is concerning. That type of bad energy has a way of spreading throughout a team. Tell me where my thinking is flawed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Has irony ever been stronger? To start this thread right after Dak openly spews and talks crapp about the only decent WR on the roster. Yup, extreme professionalism right there!!!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Has irony ever been stronger? To start this thread right after Dak openly spews and talks crapp about the only decent WR on the roster. Yup, extreme professionalism right there!!!!
Whatever! You've never liked Dak, so stop pretending like you care, K.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm coming round on my thinking of Dak. I don't think he's the problem.

He's not so amazing that he is always going to light it up, and his performances in the playoffs haven't been good enough. BUT. When Dak has an off game, nobody else picks this team up and helps out the QB. The RBs the lines, the defense.. for the most part just trash. If Dak doesn't do it, aint nobody doing it.

The Green Bay game, our defense just folded. Dak had his part too, he was bad and just made the score worse with his interceptions, but the writing was on the wall. GB punched us in the mouth, the D was putrid, and Dak couldn't put the team on his shoulders and do it on his own.

The SF playoff loss.. same thing, The D was just horrible (a trend) and it would have taken a top shelf game from Dak to win that game because nobody else was dong anything.

Dak isn't Tom Brady, he's not going to win every game while everybody else is stinking it up around him. He's good enough to win if the Defense is getting stops and the running game is providing something though. More than good enough.

Fix the DL and OL, stop the run, and run the ball successfully. Do that and we can win with Dak.

kskboys

Reaction score

He's not so amazing that he is always going to light it up, and his performances in the playoffs haven't been good enough. BUT. When Dak has an off game, nobody else picks this team up and helps out the QB. The RBs the lines, the defense.. for the most part just trash. If Dak doesn't do it, aint nobody doing it.

The Green Bay game, our defense just folded. Dak had his part too, he was bad and just made the score worse with his interceptions, but the writing was on the wall. GB punched us in the mouth, the D was putrid, and Dak couldn't put the team on his shoulders and do it on his own.

The SF playoff loss.. same thing, The D was just horrible (a trend) and it would have taken a top shelf game from Dak to win that game because nobody else was dong anything.

Dak isn't Tom Brady, he's not going to win every game while everybody else is stinking it up around him. He's good enough to win if the Defense is getting stops and the running game is providing something though. More than good enough.

Fix the DL and OL, stop the run, and run the ball successfully. Do that and we can win with Dak.
Can't do that and pay Dak 60 mil.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

If Dak is the de facto...or even claimed leader people say he is...then dam right it's his job to pick up the team. The REAL problem is he not only doesn't pick up the team...but contributes as badly as EVERYONE else.

I have cited this game before and I will do so again now. A previous QB's battle with Peyton Manning's Broncos. Yep...we lost that game. And YEP! Romo threw the final interception out of desperation and time running out. The defense couldn't get ANY stops. Sound familiar? But Romo personally kept the offense moving no matter what the defense did.

When have you EVER seen that from Dak? In fact we blame the defense for Dak not keeping the offense moving and I do not get that HORSE MANURE one bit. The defense has nothing to do with what Dak does with the offense.

We could make the claim Dak is handicapped by the personnel and scheme. Which means he is NOT a leader can cannot elevate players and the team. That's okay...some can't. But let's not kid ourselves about it.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak's a professional until he's not. Lashing out at fans, saying "Good" when people were throwing things at the refs, publicly calling out his receiver(s) a few times over the years. These are moments he wasn't professional and all stemmed from frustration, be it from the rest of the team's poor play to his own.

I get his frustration, but with his level of play and expectations, he shouldn't be airing stuff like that publicly if he wants to be viewed as a team leader. Keep it in house. It's ironic that he publicly calls out his best receiver when his play has been subpar in the past couple of games. That's not professional. It's hypocritical.

There's definitely a lot of heat boiling in the locker room due to frustration right now. It's one thing if the players played their hearts out but the schemes and coaching failed them. But they're playing like they don't want to be there until the fourth quarter. They need to fix that regardless of the coaching. There are a whole lot of messes from the players to the ownership that need a lot of work to fix what's wrong.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Not true. Pay more attention if you want to make posts about my thoughts. You're speaking as you would in those utterly ridiculous Dak threads trying to drag me down into the utterly stupid Dakspew abyss. Not interested.
I've been paying attention for years, especially recently. I've also noticed your 'likes' to so many other posters' Dak hate remarks, so no need to deny what many have seen.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Also adding in the NTC and all on his terms on top of a record breaking deal. If I didn’t know any better that kind of deal would be for the best QB in the league - which Dak doesn’t even sniff.
This is why I won't let Dak stans off the hook if Dak doesn't play at a Mahomes level.

You demand that kind of money, fine, we demand you play up to it. So no matter how bad the defense plays, Dak needs to consistently play like prime Tom Brady for that money.

Anything less than that from Dak makes it the worst contract in sports history.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Isn’t this the same guy who told fans to keep throwing things at refs?

The guy has been classy most of the time but right now we seem to have 4-5 of our top guys mad and pointing fingers and he is one. Not sure how it’s fixed.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
It’s not secret that’s I’m not the biggest believer of Dak. I wasn’t cool with Trey but I don’t think it would been a a huge drop off to let Dak walk and replace him a qb like Mayfield or Cousins.

That said he’s the unequivocal leader of this team. You can perceived that as good or bad, that’s your choice. But I wish our other leaders and players in general were as dedicated to helping this team win. It’s quite obvious this team has been unprepared going into the game this season. Dak future with this team was as up in the air as any other player whose contract as best the end but yet he’s never missed a practice or opportunity to be out there with the team. and when it comes to weekly preparation. He doesn’t miss a day. After Sunday the big complaint from players and coaches was preparation. It was echoed that the final walkthrough practice on Thursday was terrible. That’s compounded by the fact that it’s reported that a lot of the vets used are utilizing their vet days on Wednesday. . There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
Paragraphs are your friend…

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You have to be strong and confident as a leader exuding bravado and maintaining poise during stressful moments. I've noticed on many occasions through the years Dak gets that glazed look on his face like he's bewildered when the game isn't going well. He almost looks scared at times and when his teammates see that it could and probably does make them question his ability to lead with grit and intestinal fortitude. His seeming lack of confidence at times is concerning. That type of bad energy has a way of spreading throughout a team. Tell me where my thinking is flawed.
What you have to do as a leader is solve problems and perform beyond expectations. That inspires others to do the same.

starman22

Reaction score
I think why other fans call you haters is because that's all some of you guys yak about-Dak-Dak-Dak...Right now this whole organization SUCKS!!! Yet all I read is it's all Dak's fault. Common sense if used-clearly says it's not. Dak isn't even in the top 5 reasons why we SUCK.IMHO. So,if guys get off the Dak-Dak train and focus on the team as a whole. Then I think fans will take these type post more seriously.
Just looking at the posts from the last week, literally nobody thinks it is all Dak's fault. I have seen everyone blamed:
Jerry
McCarthy
Dak
Parsons
D-line
CD
Oline

Everyone on the team is getting a share of blame.

When someone blames McCarthy - Nobody really comes to his defense.
When someone blames Jerry - A few come to his defense for what ever reason.
When someone blames anyone on the defense - Nobody comes to their defense

You get my point, but when Dak gets criticized, all of a sudden there is a flood of stats, excuses, videos and blame of everyone else to try to convince the rest of us that it's really not Dak's fault.

This team is really bad right now and there is plenty of blame for everyone to take their fair share.

As the QB on a new record setting contract, Dak is, and should be taking the heat for poor play, just like the rest of them to a lesser extent.

It will make it that much sweeter for Dak when (if) he breaks through to the next level and delivers a deep playoff run / super bowl.