One thing I'll give Dak credit for is he's a professional

NotForLong

Reaction score
It’s not secret that’s I’m not the biggest believer of Dak. I wasn’t cool with Trey but I don’t think it would been a a huge drop off to let Dak walk and replace him a qb like Mayfield or Cousins.

That said he’s the unequivocal leader of this team. You can perceived that as good or bad, that’s your choice. But I wish our other leaders and players in general were as dedicated to helping this team win. It’s quite obvious this team has been unprepared going into the game this season. Dak future with this team was as up in the air as any other player whose contract as best the end but yet he’s never missed a practice or opportunity to be out there with the team. and when it comes to weekly preparation. He doesn’t miss a day. After Sunday the big complaint from players and coaches was preparation. It was echoed that the final walkthrough practice on Thursday was terrible. That’s compounded by the fact that it’s reported that a lot of the vets used are utilizing their vet days on Wednesday. . There jsut seems to be no urgency from the players. It’s being reported that Dak is the only player with a select few staying late for extended hours of practice and taping. When a team looks this bad it shouldn’t jsut the the qb, coaches,and leaders staying later after pracrice. This needs to be. Almost the entire team because we have a lot to young players expected to contribute heavily so they need to be there later with their vets to k am what they need to do on their behalf to make this team right. It can’t be a bunch of superheroes. We need individuals doing their part and job
He is working on things . . . getting better . . . improving daily . . . a real leader . . . a professional . . . we are lucky to have him . . . without him where would be . . .

NotForLong

Reaction score
Just looking at the posts from the last week, literally nobody thinks it is all Dak's fault. I have seen everyone blamed:
Jerry
McCarthy
Dak
Parsons
D-line
CD
Oline

Everyone on the team is getting a share of blame.

When someone blames McCarthy - Nobody really comes to his defense.
When someone blames Jerry - A few come to his defense for what ever reason.
When someone blames anyone on the defense - Nobody comes to their defense

You get my point, but when Dak gets criticized, all of a sudden there is a flood of stats, excuses, videos and blame of everyone else to try to convince the rest of us that it's really not Dak's fault.

This team is really bad right now and there is plenty of blame for everyone to take their fair share.

As the QB on a new record setting contract, Dak is, and should be taking the heat for poor play, just like the rest of them to a lesser extent.

It will make it that much sweeter for Dak when (if) he breaks through to the next level and delivers a deep playoff run / super bowl.
that is his only out . . . good luck Dakey Poo

NotForLong

Reaction score
There was a time I would have absolutely agreed that Dak is a great leader, but it feels less and less that way. Part of that I'm sure is simply the state of the current Cowboys roster, but we are seeing more and more issues with with this team pop up where I start to question if they have any true leaders at all. Seems like a lot of fighting and finger pointing on both sides of the football. When it comes to Dak there seem to be guys who would run through a wall for Dak without thinking twice (Zeke, Ferg), but we also know there were rumors on and off tension between him and Cooper, now we are openly seeing tension from last year between him and Lamb resurface. I'm assuming a lot here, but I tend to think there are a lot of players in the locker room are just as split on Dak (although probably not as openly nor to the extreme level) as the fans are. It doesn't strictly fall on the shoulders of Dak, but he seems to be a very divisive figure, especially this more edgy version of Dak in the media who tells fans to get over it and to hop off the wagon. Between some of Daks comments, Jerry's lack of willingness to actually improve the roster, and the state of the current product on the field I've stopped blaming any fans who are actively rooting for the Cowboys to lose.

We will really find out over the next few weeks though. It's easy to be a leader when the wins are pilling up. Great leaders find ways to help their team out of the slumps along the way like the Cowboys are in now.
It is only week 3 and Dak already attacked the fan base and CD and him got into it

I understand your sentiment but it aunt getting any better . . . that true leader does not exist on this team and that is just the way it is

Jerry has assured 5 more years and the last year in the last contract is a disaster to start the season

The ink is still wet and the team and Dak's mental is a disaster. Jerry waited that long should have waited out the season. All he did was create a Cap surplus after the Market was closed and he will just roll over the savings to next year which is pointless football wise

This is insanity AMD no paper tiger leader is gonna suddenly emerge into existence

It is a shot show

blueblood70

Reaction score
This season is the season for re-tread QBs. Sam Darnold, Cousins, Fields, Malik Willis. Heck look at what Dalton did! Took a good team and won. Ive actually enjoyed watching other teams go thru these tribulations and find success.

Dak cant do this alone. Dallas REALLY screwed the pooch not picking up a RB this season. Soooooo many great RBs came out of this past draft. Really... REALLY messed up on this one.
I think it's hilarious and a little bit comical that you all think they could have got rid of Prescott this year he would've been here either way so new deal or not here's the problem first of all let's watch the entire season and see how these retreads do 2 when Prescott wasn't gonna be here next year I believe there was something like 38 million in dead cat money in 2025 and more in 2026 therefore we wouldn't have been able to afford a Kirk cousin Sam darnold fields whoever they would've wanted next year what are they gonna ask for 2025?30M

and like my quarterbacks they need teams around them for sure outside of Patrick mahomes and he still needs help I see on some of his numbers this year how can he throw 2 interceptions and his team still win same with the Philadelphia Eagles I mean did you see jalen hurts have a bad game and still find a way with two turnovers their team came back and won that's the problem here you all lose sight of the fact that Prescott is not our problem it is the defense historically over the last three home games giving up like 120 points? So yeah this is a team game but what would we have done without Prescott in 2025 and 2026 other than have to have a rookie or a really cheap mid and then what?

But if we're just talking about 2024 Prescott would have been here either way but his dead cat money was gonna kill us the next two seasons without him anyway and we were gonna be a really bad team so I believe if they were gonna pay lamb and Parsons they needed to bring Prescott we already debated this so I'm really tired of it and this isn't just this is this whole threat Prescott's more than a leader he's a very good player he's a top ten NFL quarterback and last year he was top five and right now his team has no run game the offensive line looks average at best right now until he gets fixed the defense is absolutely historically horrendous and we're supposed to worry about what he is and isn't doing like carrying a team of nothings on his back and then you add in the play colors and the coordinators with their terrible play calling in game plans?

Are we seriously having another discussion about the quarterback for him saying that I believe he should have been frustrated and I believe he's right hey oh yo you don't like it jump on off delete your account go away he means he's not gonna quit and he's gonna be around the next four years so no matter what you send to him negativity he's coming back he's gonna work really hard to try to get this team on track this year..

This will be forever A-Team game and I'm sick of the dak Prescott threads because he got paid well so did CD lamb so did a lot of guys on this team at one point in their careers like ask Terrence Steele how his new contract feels look people we are failing as a team and I get it we're frustrated by picking on the quarterback who's not been our issue there's no quarterback in this league that can really carry a team when the defense is giving up like 120 points in three games at home show me a quarterback that can function in this mess and then you add in those threat at the run game disjointed offensive line again I don't know what the hell this post is about because of what he said who cares I I agree with him jump off people get out if you don't like who the owner is or the quarterback or anybody on this team go away..

NotForLong

Reaction score
So in other words. Dak has been unsuccessful in getting anyone to follow his lead.

Weird, since we've been hearing all about his top notch leadership qualities for the last eight years.
An invented troupe to justify the idiotic decision to bench the true leader and monumentally better QB

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think it's hilarious and a little bit comical that you all think they could have got rid of Prescott this year he would've been here either way so new deal or not here's the problem first of all let's watch the entire season and see how these retreads do 2 when Prescott wasn't gonna be here next year I believe there was something like 38 million in dead cat money in 2025 and more in 2026 therefore we wouldn't have been able to afford a Kirk cousin Sam darnold fields whoever they would've wanted next year what are they gonna ask for 2025?30M

and like my quarterbacks they need teams around them for sure outside of Patrick mahomes and he still needs help I see on some of his numbers this year how can he throw 2 interceptions and his team still win same with the Philadelphia Eagles I mean did you see jalen hurts have a bad game and still find a way with two turnovers their team came back and won that's the problem here you all lose sight of the fact that Prescott is not our problem it is the defense historically over the last three home games giving up like 120 points? So yeah this is a team game but what would we have done without Prescott in 2025 and 2026 other than have to have a rookie or a really cheap mid and then what?

But if we're just talking about 2024 Prescott would have been here either way but his dead cat money was gonna kill us the next two seasons without him anyway and we were gonna be a really bad team so I believe if they were gonna pay lamb and Parsons they needed to bring Prescott we already debated this so I'm really tired of it and this isn't just this is this whole threat Prescott's more than a leader he's a very good player he's a top ten NFL quarterback and last year he was top five and right now his team has no run game the offensive line looks average at best right now until he gets fixed the defense is absolutely historically horrendous and we're supposed to worry about what he is and isn't doing like carrying a team of nothings on his back and then you add in the play colors and the coordinators with their terrible play calling in game plans?

Are we seriously having another discussion about the quarterback for him saying that I believe he should have been frustrated and I believe he's right hey oh yo you don't like it jump on off delete your account go away he means he's not gonna quit and he's gonna be around the next four years so no matter what you send to him negativity he's coming back he's gonna work really hard to try to get this team on track this year..

This will be forever A-Team game and I'm sick of the dak Prescott threads because he got paid well so did CD lamb so did a lot of guys on this team at one point in their careers like ask Terrence Steele how his new contract feels look people we are failing as a team and I get it we're frustrated by picking on the quarterback who's not been our issue there's no quarterback in this league that can really carry a team when the defense is giving up like 120 points in three games at home show me a quarterback that can function in this mess and then you add in those threat at the run game disjointed offensive line again I don't know what the hell this post is about because of what he said who cares I I agree with him jump off people get out if you don't like who the owner is or the quarterback or anybody on this team go away..
Somebody is throwing a hissy fit while trying to come to terms with reality

He wants us to believe Dak is a stubborn hero who wont quit because he will be here for the next 5 years . . . "Fighting it out" and "Pushing Forward" . . . Heroically

Nah. He will be collecting a check while he and Jerry are righteously roasted .

But you can paint your fantasy any way you wish

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Somebody is throwing a hissy fit while trying to come to terms with reality

He wants us to believe Dak is a stubborn hero who wont quit because he will be here for the next 5 years . . . "Fighting it out" and "Pushing Forward" . . . Heroically

Nah. He will be collecting a check while he and Jerry are righteously roasted .

But you can paint your fantasy any way you wish
I'm sorry for what Prescott has done to you...

TX_Yid

Reaction score
If Dak is the de facto...or even claimed leader people say he is...then dam right it's his job to pick up the team. The REAL problem is he not only doesn't pick up the team...but contributes as badly as EVERYONE else.

I have cited this game before and I will do so again now. A previous QB's battle with Peyton Manning's Broncos. Yep...we lost that game. And YEP! Romo threw the final interception out of desperation and time running out. The defense couldn't get ANY stops. Sound familiar? But Romo personally kept the offense moving no matter what the defense did.

When have you EVER seen that from Dak? In fact we blame the defense for Dak not keeping the offense moving and I do not get that HORSE MANURE one bit. The defense has nothing to do with what Dak does with the offense.

We could make the claim Dak is handicapped by the personnel and scheme. Which means he is NOT a leader can cannot elevate players and the team. That's okay...some can't. But let's not kid ourselves about it.
I don't disagree with you, Dak is capable of stinking it up on any given Sunday and IMO Romo was the superior QB.

My point is that if the rest of the team would do anything consistently to win games, Dak is more than good enough.
Will he put the team on his shoulders and beat teams on his own when all around him play badly?? no, no he won't. If that's your expectation you're going to be disappointed (And we usually are), I don't know how many of the QBs around today have that ability.. hardly any, if any.

Dak isn't the main problem, there are lots of bigger problems with this team, and the ownership.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Oooh I like that one too!
Man, here is another poster telling life long Cowboy fans to "go away", along with a few others that say "find another team" if you are not happy losing along with the Cowboys. Then we have "you don't know football" "you are a low IQ coward if you can't see the greatness of Dak", and so many more and then the ridiculous "you're just a hater and a quitter". Wow, such low standards to watch a crap show and then call out others.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't disagree with you, Dak is capable of stinking it up on any given Sunday and IMO Romo was the superior QB.

My point is that if the rest of the team would do anything consistently to win games, Dak is more than good enough.
Will he put the team on his shoulders and beat teams on his own when all around him play badly?? no, no he won't. If that's your expectation you're going to be disappointed (And we usually are), I don't know how many of the QBs around today have that ability.. hardly any, if any.

Dak isn't the main problem, there are lots of bigger problems with this team, and the ownership.
Of course there are multiple problems. I mean who is denying that? NOBODY!

The problem is threads like this....DAK IS A PROFESSIONAL....A LEADER!

Why people try to sell this so dang hard is...weird. Right now he's a schmuck like the rest of the team.

Except Aubrey. :)

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Of course there are multiple problems. I mean who is denying that? NOBODY!

The problem is threads like this....DAK IS A PROFESSIONAL....A LEADER!

Why people try to sell this so dang hard is...weird. Right now he's a schmuck like the rest of the team.

Except Aubrey. :)
Well, Dak said if you don't like losing with him, then jump of the (imaginary) bandwagon he thinks he is driving.

No leader of a team tells their fans to basically "get lost". Pitiful.

chagus

Reaction score

I didn't say "they could've got rid of Prescott" anywhere. That's not what i was suggesting nor even talking about, bud. I was talking about how fun it is to watch these retread QBs and how Dallas missed the RB boat (I even said Dak can't do it alone). I KNOW Dallas had no choice at the QB position. It was the right call resigning him. Imagine Dallas letting Prescott walk and signing Darnold or Dalton? The world would've exploded! Nobody could've even remotely predicted how well these QBs would do doing, as much as we all like to think that we can.

I admire your gusto but read the response before you waste your time on a long, drawn out response looking to take shots at anti-Dak posters. Logic over emotion, my friend.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I didn't say "they could've got rid of Prescott" anywhere. That's not what i was suggesting nor even talking about, bud. I was talking about how fun it is to watch these retread QBs and how Dallas missed the RB boat (I even said Dak can't do it alone). I KNOW Dallas had no choice at the QB position. It was the right call resigning him. Imagine Dallas letting Prescott walk and signing Darnold or Dalton? The world would've exploded! Nobody could've even remotely predicted how well these QBs would do doing, as much as we all like to think that we can.

I admire your gusto but read the response before you waste your time on a long, drawn out response looking to take shots at anti-Dak posters. Logic over emotion, my friend.
I can;t understand or even feel for people who think NOBODY else can POSSIBLY QB the Cowboys. Without YEARS of suffering.

Other teams...MANY teams...do it all the time. In fact WE...are the weirdos about it. It's totally insane to how sports and even business works.

And I ain;t kidding...insane as in for real.