News: Op-Ed: Firing Head Coach Jason Garrett would set Cowboys back a decade

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
HIRING Garrett as head coach set the Cowboys back TWO decades already. Let's not do anything in fear of the possible negative outcomes (never mind the possibility of a POSITIVE outcome). Keep practicing insanity Jerry.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Can someone check Patrik Walker's bank account to see if any sizeable deposits were made in the name of Jason Calvin Garrett?

rwalters31

Reaction score
Jason started Coaching the Cowboys in 2010 we have missed the playoffs 5 out of 6 years. If we project that over a 10 year stretch that comes out to making the playoffs 2 x's out of 10 years.

Question hypothetically if Jason did get fired at the end of the season who would be some of the candidates

Jerry!!! He already runs the show and sells more jerseys than any other team.

fredp22

Reaction score
this guy really thinks we would improve by 90 years just by firing Garrett?

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
Well, technically .590 with an elite QB at the helm. Romo was out hurt for many of the losses that bring the average down.

So he gets a pass for losses if his top 5 QB is injured?

Funny, don't remember old Wade getting that excuse back in 2010

In fact, Garrett went 5-3 during the interium period without Romo and he was praised for rallying the team and we had to keep him of that ability alone

Now I hear losing games is not on him if Romo is hurt? Wasn't his ability to win games without Romo during his interium period one of the main reasons we kept him?

Can somebody explain this obvious contradiction?

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
So is he saying Dallas would reverse our average win-loss record from 8-8 to 8-8 and people would get suspended for drug use and Jerry would sign shady people to the roster? Well that would certainly be tragic.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
if the boys have another bad season which Is very likely I don't think garrett and his merry men survive it. I think the joneses move on to someone else.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Almost all coaches lose their starting QB's for periods of time, Garrett adds little when Romo is playing and nothing when he doesn't.

:huh: I'm not sure how he can add little when he's playing since he adds nothing when he doesn't.

MagicMan

Reaction score
if the boys have another bad season which Is very likely I don't think garrett and his merry men survive it. I think the joneses move on to someone else.

Although I agree with you in that Jerry will feel outside pressure to dump Garrett and hopefully Wade Wilson as well, the question would be will he hire a strong, demanding head coach like a Johnson or Parcells who would make him feel irrelevant, insignificant, stupid and weak; or would he hire another head coach like Garrett, Campo, Phillips, Switzer or Gailey who make him feel superior, relevant, knowledgable and strong. ......wait, never mind, I think I answered my own question. :mad: I guess bring on Rod Marinelli, right Jerry? :grin: