Operation Catnip

haleyrules

Reaction score
Thanks for all who provided advice for the rat problem
Having considered the upside and risk, I have decided to lure some wild cats to my house on a 0.75 acre lot.
Just picked up catnip, catfood and sardines - a small $16 investment - for a shot to address the rat problem.

In case I have unwanted cats, is anyone in the SF bay area with big nasty dogs that I can rent?

Plan:
Thursday night arrival to SF house - use catfood and sardines spaced 20 feet apart on the driveway to lure cats up to my house. hopefully after their meal, they will smell the rat(s) and wait around for their dessert.
At the same time, will set several peanut snap traps along the outwall around the house.

Friday night: after inspection of areas with the lures, will again leave catfood and sardine.

Saturday afternoon - after inspection of areas with the lures, will again leave catfood and sardines. Will use catnip next to the house with cat food and sardines. Then leave for LA again.

Will advise everyone of the good news or disaster.
Thanks again for all the advice!

https://lh4.***BROKEN***/OAMDHaoQfDYctXEj3OGO_DMKw2kIUFBZl0hV7YCAmdUMPjwOGKz_44g6-uC0g_ombMTjzjQMjxYBOIZYaMbL_D3QjEOXSMa6teVDeQAmlBx-jNFzN8V8BS0s6x5P53BswtBuOVld

https://lh6.***BROKEN***/t1D_hZGKve1uFpfv7XhB5vdZJPkkJF9eZ85WtlmRCQ74WRHaxmepbuckxMpWdTwjTsIAtxlNZUXczQ7VJOiZiCPX9nlu91ttfTZd4VikbziuW1bRAYQkx5Ba7XIAbjJ_LWPvyfDj

https://lh3.***BROKEN***/IIpAbly7cZS2UzdRjm0nAYMgs_0_BviLFgD3d6jzxMt3nCtr8buBfyc9YtWLX2Dz9_7wJpnR69WdWXdpQGGnGUp_NP5yFTP2KqrildsNNWm_qLhVTD9rQ5tCPWt7lufPA3cMXdHu
Next operation....fox..dogs...racoons...crows...more rats...skunks...mice...wild pigs..bears...homeless alcoholics...and possibly seagulls!!

Silver Surfer

Reaction score
ok bro
thanks.
i have seen a fox once.
not many dogs running around at all.
i have seen cats running round.
surprising few coons or possums - guess i will find out
plenty of snails
turtles - n
no reports of fire ants in my county

blue jays - yes
woodpeckers - absolutely yes

this will start Thursday night ... keeping fingers crossed.

Forgot about the woodpeckers.... they eat it too....

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
I'm pulling for ya, best of luck :)

petcoscoop-dot-com.jpg
:lmao::lmao2::lmao:
Priceless:thumbup:

waldoputty

Reaction score
Next operation....fox..dogs...racoons...crows...more rats...skunks...mice...wild pigs..bears...homeless alcoholics...and possibly seagulls!!

no seagulls, SF house far from coast
no wild pigs.
few bear sightings if any
my town is too far for homeless to go to
coons, no wild dogs and no outdoor dogs either
fortunately few skunks

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
Ummmm you know that rats like cat food and sardines right? What if you attract more rats to your house.
The first thing you do when you have a rodent problem is to make sure all trash is thrown away, no open bags of chips etc, all food is put up every night.

You are providing the rats with a buffet..... think of it this way...if you got rats, chances are they are hanging around in your neighborhood.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Ummmm you know that rats like cat food and sardines right? What if you attract more rats to your house.
The first thing you do when you have a rodent problem is to make sure all trash is thrown away, no open bags of chips etc, all food is put up every night.

You are providing the rats with a buffet..... think of it this way...if you got rats, chances are they are hanging around in your neighborhood.

rats dont run around till about midnight or so.
by then the cats should be out.
hope it works...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
interesting idea. however, the county inspects my property once a month for mosquitoes. that is because i have a green pool that i cannot take care of while i am out of town so much.
Then you should throw a couple of bread sack plastic bags half filled with diesel fuel in that 'green' pool of yours as that fuel oil creates a surface film that kills that mosquito larvae stage,,, I do it to lazy neighbors that don't take care of their pool

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Then you should throw a couple of bread sack plastic bags half filled with diesel fuel in that 'green' pool of yours as that fuel oil creates a surface film that kills that mosquito larvae stage,,, I do it to lazy neighbors that don't take care of their pool

Melon, mosquitos aren't much of a problem in Cali, especially in the SF area. Even the ones we get are small and puny, they are not like their cousins in Texas :D

waldoputty

Reaction score

no the pool is fine now with the county monitoring and the mosquito fish. i dont want to upset the county.