Opinion: Dak will Make Over 25M

817Gill

Reaction score
This thread isn’t an anti or pro Daks ability thread. It’s just a fact thread. Dakota Rayne Prescott will 100% be paid at or around market value, or 30M. Except a deal anywhere from 27-32M dollars. The man fired his old agent for a guy who’s claim to fame is getting players every cent, Jerry and Stephen have both overtly stated multiple times that he will be paid market value, and Dak himself has said he’s going to get paid what he deserves and won’t take any discounts.

How does this logically add up to the amounts y’all have been throwing out? I see people on this chat go anywhere from 18-23M and they should be evaluated for mental health issues.

What logical evidence have you seen that tells you the team won’t pay this man 28+?

Stop believing what you want to happen and actually use some critical thinking skills to see what will happen. Reality is going to hit some of you like a truck and you’re gonna be blowing up this forum with “We overpayed Dak” threads. Just accept it now and make it easier on yourselves, sheesh.

Btw I have no issue paying him whatever as long as we can retain our All-Pros/Pro-Bowlers and have the freedom to breathe enough to sign someone from outside from time to time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This thread isn’t an anti or pro Daks ability thread. It’s just a fact thread. Dakota Rayne Prescott will 100% be paid at or around market value, or 30M. Except a deal anywhere from 27-32M dollars. The man fired his old agent for a guy who’s claim to fame is getting players every cent, Jerry and Stephen have both overtly stated multiple times that he will be paid market value, and Dak himself has said he’s going to get paid what he deserves and won’t take any discounts.

How does this logically add up to the amounts y’all have been throwing out? I see people on this chat go anywhere from 18-23M and they should be evaluated for mental health issues.

What logical evidence have you seen that tells you the team won’t pay this man 28+?

Stop believing what you want to happen and actually use some critical thinking skills to see what will happen. Reality is going to hit some of you like a truck and you’re gonna be blowing up this forum with “We overpayed Dak” threads. Just accept it now and make it easier on yourselves, sheesh.

Btw I have no issue paying him whatever as long as we can retain our All-Pros/Pro-Bowlers and have the freedom to breathe enough to sign someone from outside from time to time.

You need to demonstrate what his market comps are and the associated deals. Waving your hands Ryan and Rodger's deals and pretending they are valid comps to Daks skills and production wastes all our times and make you look silly. What do MVP mean?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Imo paying that much for Dak is just too much. And God forbid Dak goes down hill as the contract plays out.

Just another boneheaded mistake by the FO if so.

Zeke yes, Dak, hell no.
Ive said it before; if Im paying him like a star, Im evaluating one more year and making him play his 4th year, like most 1st rounders, instead of just after 3.

But they feel theyve seen enough, so gonna lock him up.

817Gill

Reaction score
You need to demonstrate what his market comps are and the associated deals. Waving your hands Ryan and Rodger's deals and pretending they are valid comps to Daks skills and production wastes all our times and make you look silly. What do MVP mean?
It’s not that complicated man. The thread isn’t about why he should or shouldn’t get paid that’s much, it’s that he Will. Thinking he’s going to get 22M is just gonna set you up to be disappointed.

Also he’s got a great W-L record, multiple playoff appearances, a playoff win, multiple pro bowls, saved the team from multiple 2015’s, and statistically has done enough to warrant a new deal. And by new deal I mean franchise qb deal not the Blake Bortles contract most of you seem to think he’s in line for.

817Gill

Reaction score
Dak making over 25M is rough!
Lmao just get ready man. I don’t know how you can see all that’s gone on and think they’re gonna give him some mid level deal lol. Critical thinking skills are lacking, what about this situation makes you think Daks not getting a big deal. Don’t believe any of the things that’ve been said by both parties? They were just lying to mess with fans?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Dak was the #17 ranked QB last year so I would like to see him get a contract somewhere in the middle of the highest paid and lowest paid QB. Give or take some millions here and there for certain intangibles.

I don’t expect him to accept a lowball offer but I also don’t want to see him getting a contract that top 3-5 QBs make.

Whatever the market is, he deserves it as long as its not out of this world money paying for a superstar.

817Gill

Reaction score
0XdQcemzAmvqPTysqHalTIdsg
Dak was the #17 ranked QB last year so I would like to see him get a contract somewhere in the middle of the highest paid and lowest paid QB. Give or take some millions here and there for certain intangibles.

I don’t expect him to accept a lowball offer but I also don’t want to see him getting a contract that top 3-5 QBs make.

Whatever the market is, he deserves it as long as its not out of this world money paying for a superstar.

Last year is probably your worst year to argue he’s average. Before Amari the man was throwing to Deonte Thompson. This is the NFL not the NBA, you need some talent around you to succeed. Every QB does.

If you extrapolate his stats over 16 games he’s a top 10 guy.

Last edited:

817Gill

Reaction score
If he gets that much, there'd better be a lot more TDs coming than he's had so far, and not useless ones, running up the score against bad teams, or garbage time points.
I agree more TD’s but lol we never have garbage time. Every game we play is a one score game. The Jags game was his only running up the score game this season. Linehan has explicitly said he likes to control the ball rather than score. Literally lol

MojaveJT

Reaction score
0XdQcemzAmvqPTysqHalTIdsg

Last year is probably your worst year to argue he’s average. Before Amari the man was throwing to Deonte Thompson. This is the NFL not the NBA, you need some talent around you to succeed. Every QB does.

If you extrapolate his stats over 16 games he’s a top 10 guy.

Ah yes, you’re right. Average the past 3 years he’d be around 8.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I agree more TD’s but lol we never have garbage time. Every game we play is a one score game. The Jags game was his only running up the score game this season. Linehan has explicitly said he likes to control the ball rather than score. Literally lol
I just don't wanna make a statement that can be misinterpreted by the football gods. :grin: