Opinion: Dak will Make Over 25M

Sevenup3000

Reaction score
I find it humorous a QB who throws for 22 TDS, 13 fumbles and 50+ sacks is gonna make 25 million a year...

I find it humorous that you hate your team's QB so much that you selectively include and exclude stats to paint a picture you want to see.

Go take your butt to the Eagles' board and root for Wentz.

InTheZone

Reaction score
The price is the price. Dak didn't set it, the league did.
and we could easily find another guy with poise to stick to the safe checkdowns and outside throws as long as we have a solid foundation around him? We're going from peanuts to breaking the bank on the same qb performance, is it worth it over another younger QB that maybe is a more natural QB? Or are we good with half qb/half rb playing the position?

Gameover

Reaction score
No one chooses mediocrity but many settle for it. Especially younger Dallas Cowboys fans.
Like we have a choice in the matter!

*** can any of us do about it

Cowboys have been a top 10 team since 2005. If that equals mediocrity, so be it

817Gill

Reaction score
No one chooses mediocrity but many settle for it. Especially younger Dallas Cowboys fans.
This guy probably wants to let Dak walk and for a 1 in 32 chance at a guy in the draft. You show me a better qb you can guarantee we get in the next 2 years and I’ll take him. Until then you’re gonna have to “settle” for a guy who will probably hover around 9-12 best in the league for his career. Not every player the team has can be HOFer from the 90’s dream team lol. Jerry can’t just buy a championship team anymore man.

Younger fans just understand today’s NFL. There’s a cap, there’s a huge emphasis on parity, no team in the NFC has gone to back to back Super Bowls since the Rams in the early 2000’s. It’s not the same league. You can’t expect to be dominant year in and year out especially in the NFC. Look around the league, our past 3 years make us one of the top 8 teams in the league. Dak has the 2nd most wins since he’s not gotten here. Obviously we are looking for post season success but this team is a lot closer to SB than dumpster fire.

My advice to you is not to factor the last 20 years into everything Cowboys related. Look at every decision with the context of today not the 90’s or early 2000’s.

817Gill

Reaction score
Again, if you want to make a compelling case you need to give actual comps and not just wave your hands at the two top paid QB. Specifically Ryan and Rodgers have more of everything you mentioned and were both awarded MVP.

At the end of the day you have no idea no matter how many times you repeat yourself. You lack a compelling case.

The 800 lbs gorilla you are ignoring is the franchise tenders which were just announced. The Cowboys can franchise him for ~$25m for the next 3 years.

There is no reason to pay him more than that over that time period. If he demands $28m then you franchise him and there is nothing he or his agent can do about it.
Bro the point of the thread isn’t to give Dak a case lmaooooo stop wasting your time. Read this line carefully:

THIS ISNT ABOUT SHOULD HE GET PAID, ITS THAT HE WILL GET PAID.

So when it happens let’s not act surprised and outraged like it wasn’t telegraphed months before.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Whatever his market value is, he's under contract for 2mil this year, with his pay for play bounce from the league.

Extend his contract 1 year for the franchise tag price, splitting the tag price plus 2mil over two years.
Extend it another year for 31m and that is 3yr/59-60m

That is 20m a year for 3 years...... why pay him 28m a year when we can pay 20m for the next 3 years

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Extend it another year for 31m and that is 3yr/59-60m

That is 20m a year for 3 years...... why pay him 28m a year when we can pay 20m for the next 3 years

I'm only paying him 28mil for one more year *beyond* his current contract. 28+2 spread over the next 2 years.

Dak locks in some of his impending big bucks. We avoid a hold out. Win-Win.

Nav22

Reaction score
If he gets that much, there'd better be a lot more TDs coming than he's had so far, and not useless ones, running up the score against bad teams, or garbage time points.
Um, Dak’s as clutch a QB as there is in the NFL. He delivers when it counts.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't get all the angst about what Dak is going to end up getting in his next contract. It's not all that hard to find a comparable player to him. He'll get a little more than what that guy got the season before. The cost is the cost, until a team can find a way to win without a QB.

What these threads really boil down to is people not agreeing re: Dak's skillset. But he'll be paid for his production whether you guys agree he's that good or not. There's no other way for the deal to get done.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
I'm only paying him 28mil for one more year *beyond* his current contract. 28+2 spread over the next 2 years.

Dak locks in some of his impending big bucks. We avoid a hold out. Win-Win.
That is the beauty of the FT ......you get to decide on Year 3 in 2021........ no guarantees

If Dak wants guarantees then he has to take less than 20m a year

817Gill

Reaction score
Dak is as clutch as it gets...... his numbers in the last 2 minutes of both halves are insane
Witten used to always say how Daks the best in hurry up and spread looks but Linehan didn’t believe in it as a gameplan. I can’t wait until Dak gets to do the things he’s good at, then maybe cowboys fans will stop hating their own team.