Opinion: Dak will Make Over 25M

GenoT

Reaction score
Jerry’s TOTALLY all-in on Dak...so lemme see here...

6yrs / $180mil (4yrs / $120mil guaranteed)...book it!

“How ya like us now, Kirk Cousins?”

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It’s not that complicated man. The thread isn’t about why he should or shouldn’t get paid that’s much, it’s that he Will. Thinking he’s going to get 22M is just gonna set you up to be disappointed.

Also he’s got a great W-L record, multiple playoff appearances, a playoff win, multiple pro bowls, saved the team from multiple 2015’s, and statistically has done enough to warrant a new deal. And by new deal I mean franchise qb deal not the Blake Bortles contract most of you seem to think he’s in line for.

Again, if you want to make a compelling case you need to give actual comps and not just wave your hands at the two top paid QB. Specifically Ryan and Rodgers have more of everything you mentioned and were both awarded MVP.

At the end of the day you have no idea no matter how many times you repeat yourself. You lack a compelling case.

The 800 lbs gorilla you are ignoring is the franchise tenders which were just announced. The Cowboys can franchise him for ~$25m for the next 3 years.

There is no reason to pay him more than that over that time period. If he demands $28m then you franchise him and there is nothing he or his agent can do about it.

nobody

Reaction score
I don't see why it's such a problem to make him play the final year of his rookie contract before deciding. While I believe in him, there are legitimate questions that need to be answered given the amount of cap it will take up. Let's see how he does with a year of Moore instead of Linehan. Surely he'll improve, so why would waiting be a problem?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Only the Cowboys could get so excited over the 22nd ranked QB
Hypothetically speaking. If fans are relying on a qb to lead a talentless team to the SB, they might need to find a therapist because that never happens. Newsflash: Football is a team sport.

tm1119

Reaction score
A big extension for Dak scares the crap out of me, but if the FO does insist I hope they at least keep it reasonable. I wouldn’t want to guarantee him any $ beyond 3 years to be able get out of the deal if necessary.

5 years $120M with $60M guaranteed

2019- $15M
2020- $20M
2021- $25M
That’s the $60 guaranteed.
After that it’s 2 years @$30M each that are essentially option years for the Cowboys.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I just don't wanna make a statement that can be misinterpreted by the football gods. :grin:
tenor.gif

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
This thread isn’t an anti or pro Daks ability thread. It’s just a fact thread. Dakota Rayne Prescott will 100% be paid at or around market value, or 30M. Except a deal anywhere from 27-32M dollars. The man fired his old agent for a guy who’s claim to fame is getting players every cent, Jerry and Stephen have both overtly stated multiple times that he will be paid market value, and Dak himself has said he’s going to get paid what he deserves and won’t take any discounts.

How does this logically add up to the amounts y’all have been throwing out? I see people on this chat go anywhere from 18-23M and they should be evaluated for mental health issues.

What logical evidence have you seen that tells you the team won’t pay this man 28+?

Stop believing what you want to happen and actually use some critical thinking skills to see what will happen. Reality is going to hit some of you like a truck and you’re gonna be blowing up this forum with “We overpayed Dak” threads. Just accept it now and make it easier on yourselves, sheesh.

Btw I have no issue paying him whatever as long as we can retain our All-Pros/Pro-Bowlers and have the freedom to breathe enough to sign someone from outside from time to time.

Whatever his market value is, he's under contract for 2mil this year, with his pay for play bounce from the league.

Extend his contract 1 year for the franchise tag price, splitting the tag price plus 2mil over two years.