Opinion on an interview suit.

rkell87

Reaction score
i picked these up today(2 for 1 of course) in cordovan and black

along with a fitted white shirt and business blue shirt and a red tie and blue one.

DIAF

DivaLover159
Reaction score
Cordovan as in the color, or cordovan as in the leather is shell cordovan? I don't think Rockport offers shell, and if they did, no retailer in its right mind would offer it in a 2-for-1 deal. If so, let us know, so I can head down to wherever and get a pair :eek:

Teren_Kanan

Reaction score
Reading this just makes me never want to work in a field where knowledge like this is required at all.

Yuck.

Best of luck with your suit.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
DIAF;3781461 said:
Cordovan as in the color, or cordovan as in the leather is shell cordovan? I don't think Rockport offers shell, and if they did, no retailer in its right mind would offer it in a 2-for-1 deal. If so, let us know, so I can head down to wherever and get a pair :eek:
Too dull (as in not shiny) to be cordovan leather.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am extremely grateful Lee jeans, plain t-shirt and Nike's get me thru the day.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
big dog cowboy;3782061 said:
I am extremely grateful Lee jeans, plain t-shirt and Nike's get me thru the day.

Guess I'm the only one around here who still rolls in Tuff-Skins.

rkell87

Reaction score
DIAF;3781461 said:
the color, but they are shinier than the picture shows

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
I didn't read through this entire thread, so this may have already been said, .. but what a shame it is that who you are in an interview is not more important than what suit you are wearing.

:cool:

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just so I don't screw this up guys.......

I'm headin out for a pair of shoes. What color?

Serious. If you were going to get a pair of shoes that can pretty go with everything, what you going with?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3784110 said:
Just so I don't screw this up guys.......

I'm headin out for a pair of shoes. What color?

Serious. If you were going to get a pair of shoes that can pretty go with everything, what you going with?

Black goes with more pants than brown.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
bbgun;3784162 said:
I guess that leaves dark brown.

Nice!!!

I'd sure hate for my career to get derailed before it really starts because I showed up wearing the wrong combination of colors.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3784181 said:
Nice!!!

I'd sure hate for my career to get derailed before it really starts because I showed up wearing the wrong combination of colors.

Oh the horror :eek:

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;3784184 said:
Oh the horror :eek:

Imagine a dark suit w/ black shoes? You would probably get FIRED in your interview for wearing that get up, huh?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;3784335 said:
Imagine a dark suit w/ black shoes? You would probably get FIRED in your interview for wearing that get up, huh?

When you think about it, there's really only three shoe color options for a white collar environment: black; dark brown; light brown.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
bbgun;3784391 said:
When you think about it, there's really only three shoe color options for a white collar environment: black; dark brown; light brown.

The oxblood guys are going to be pissed! :laugh2:

Number82

No Helmet; No Problem
Reaction score
I went on an interview yesterday for a lateral/non-lateral move ... Same position/title, but 15K more per year and a bigger company (top 3 in the industry nationally) with more room for advancement. I wore a grey three-button suit ... I got a call today for a second interview next week. So either, my three-button suit was good enough, or I just interview really freakin well haha.

rkell87

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3784119 said:
Guess I should have said I have black.
id ask theo but the advice i got was for burgandy/cordovan they pretty much fit any suit color thay black doesnt though brown would be recommened for a brown suit

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
The two I have coming:

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_100822

Got it in the Charcoal/Black stripe.

and this one in Charcoal:

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_100506

The first one was considerably less expensive than the current listed price. I caught it on one of their "deals of the day" when they only had a few colors and sizes. I went to check it out at a retail location here in town, and the pin striped black looks sharp. I asked the guy helping me out if it would be acceptable for a funeral and he recommended going away from anything pin striped, and it was more a business suit. They didn't have my size here, so we ended up ordering it online.