OPINION: Our new Head Coach should be Mike Zimmer

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Umm WOW... i'm gonna pretend i never saw this thread... *slowly back away and run the other way*

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Cbz40;1300920 said:
Our O & D are so vanilla they're almost frozen milk.

The O & D are as predictable as you know what's going to happen when a dog lifts his hind leg.

There is about as much creativity on both sides of the ball as there is adding bananas to a banana split.

That about covers it.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1300318 said:
well we all saw what happened to Payton when he left the shadow of BIll Parcells

so you never know
Payton may have been a better play caller than anybody we've got now, but Zimmer becoming HC won't bring the defensive equivalents of Drew Brees and Reggie Bush to the Cowboys.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
Cbz40;1300853 said:
Give me a thousand reasons why Zimmer should be HC and I will still say .....Heck NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and that's being nice. ;)

A thousand? I can't even think of 1. Or actually, yes 1. I'd like him to be a head coach... for someone other then the cowboys, that way he won't be around to roboticize our players anymore.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1299978 said:
OPINION: Our new Head Coach should be Mike Zimmer

My gift to you. Merry belated Christmas.

Senior_toilet_bike.jpg

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
superpunk;1300767 said:
It's a tougher pill to swallow, but it might just be the players. The DEs have been disappointing to say the least. No push at all. The ILBs are the worst blitzers I've ever seen, not effective at all. It's probably not JUST one or the other. Even without Zimmer, we may continue to see the same problems if the personnel isn't upgraded.

You're right, the GROZ camp CANNOT swallow those FACT pills.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
AMERICAS_FAN;1301498 said:
You're right, the GROZ camp CANNOT swallow those FACT pills.

Mr. Zimmer? Is that you? Don't you have better things to be doing with your time like impressing the next pushover?

Ratmatt

Reaction score
While I expect the GROZ camp to rip me on this post, I think it’s unfounded and I’ll stick by my opinion. Mike Zimmer should be our next head coach – either next year if Parcells retires, or the year after if Parcells decides to play-out his contract.

I like mike Zimmer and I like him as a coach. Even Parcells saw a lot in him, which is why he talked him into staying in the NFL vs. becoming a head coach in college. Parcells even challenged him to learn/run the 3-4 and Zimmer did. Before Ellis went down, Zimmer was on the verge of making this a top-notch 3-4 defense. Much like he did with the 4-3 only several years ago. Post Ellis’ injury, Parcells forced Zimmer to stay in a conservative 3-4 set and that forced the defensive slide. It wasn’t until Parcells loosened his leash on Zimmer a bit that we saw more 4-3 alignments of late, which worked well in the playoffs when used (it was the Parcells-imposed 3-4 fronts that really cost us defensively against Seattle).

The point is this. The GROZ camp wants Zimmer gone so badly, but what you campers don’t realize is that Zimmer is a great defensive couch who can mount a solid defense if only Parcells lets him do it his way. After last season, we all thought that Sean Payton was too conservative and vanilla in his play calling, only to find out that what was really holding Payton back was Parcells in Dallas, and Jim Fassal before him in New York. Payton turned out quite well without the stubborn obstacles before him because he’s forward thinking. I see Zimmer the same way – he could easily have gone to college to run a 4-3 defense, yet he took on the challenge to stay and run the 3-4.

That says a lot about Zimmer’s abilities and I think that without Parcells in his way, he can run the Cowboys and lead the 4-3 defense attack with some 3-4 wrinkles. This move would make some good sense because Zimmer already knows the schemes and his players, and this team has been built on defense over the last few drafts. Also, because Zimmer is a defensive coach, as head coach he would bring in his own offensive coordinator who can still implement whatever changes/improvements that he wants to on offense. With Zimmer at the healm, we could build on and solidify the defensive players/schemes in place and turn attention to the offense with some new leadership/coordinator solely focused on that. I think it would be a win-win, and my only hope is that Parcells retires/gets out of the way so we can get this team going once and for all.

I believe Zimmer didn't have really that much control of the defense.I believe that no coordinators here have the control they should of their side of the ball.I also believe that anyone that is getting their hopes up for parcells to bring in a named expert to run the 3-4 are going to be highly disappointed.If Parcells comes back,he will promote one of the lackeys already on his staff,and it will be business as usual at valley ranch.Parcells is either going to succeed his way or no one's way.After hearing for ever that he never won a super bowl,or even went to won without Bellichek,there is no way he is going to hire a qualified big name coordinator to come here and possibly steal his thunder,

AMERICAS_FAN

Reaction score
Ratmatt;1302075 said:
I believe Zimmer didn't have really that much control of the defense.I believe that no coordinators here have the control they should of their side of the ball.I also believe that anyone that is getting their hopes up for parcells to bring in a named expert to run the 3-4 are going to be highly disappointed.If Parcells comes back,he will promote one of the lackeys already on his staff,and it will be business as usual at valley ranch.Parcells is either going to succeed his way or no one's way.After hearing for ever that he never won a super bowl,or even went to won without Bellichek,there is no way he is going to hire a qualified big name coordinator to come here and possibly steal his thunder,

You may be right. Parcells has major trust issues with his coaches and players. He wants too much control and chokes hid collegues in the process. After Saan Payton embaressed him in that NO games Parcells choked the defense even more, insisiting they stay in the base 3-4, and even choked the offense and resfused to ever get Marion Barber going.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I expect the GROZ camp to rip me on this post, I think it’s unfounded and I’ll stick by my opinion. Mike Zimmer should be our next head coach – either next year if Parcells retires, or the year after if Parcells decides to play-out his contract.
Interesting thoughts.