CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If would be great if some threads could have more restrictions.
- i.e. If the title starts with Analysis, then mods delete all posts that are not in the spirit of actually analyzing what happened.

In general, why not delete stupid posts? You don't have to ban people for trolling type posts. Just delete them.
You wouldn’t believe how many posts get deleted daily by mods because of inappropriate content. There have been over 40 deletions in this thread alone. Most of the time members never see them. We know we don’t catch all of them. And truth is we try to let people speak their mind as long as it doesn’t contain name calling, insults, call outs of specific people, etc.

I appreciate the great posts most people place here. Your posts are some of the better, more in-depth and detailed submissions we have. Lots of research usually put into them. I don’t always agree but I like the work you put into it and the obvious desire to see the Cowboys be successful. That’s what this place is is all about.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Worked great on the old forums that were shut down.
I really like how well this forum is operated. The hands on owner and administrator does a wonderful job. It’s tougher to join this site and can’t obtain immediate access like old site did which had many more trolls especially after a game .

And the CZ have continued to add more moderators. Some of which represent all of the refugees from our old Cowboys forum which in comparison wasn’t run as well.

I also applaud the new site the Zone has recently opened which highlights the better written post provided by selected members to attract more members.

Which leads to the main objective in a social media platform and forum as such. Activity and traffic which generates advertisers and revenue.

And no threads generally draw more traffic and responses than Dak threads. The activity is vital to the success of the forum although it probably pushes more interesting threads off the front page.

More fans would like to discuss our QB if not for the extremes on both sides as most fans are more in the middle. These extremes drive the activity which discourages most from participating.

It’s a tough balance to maintain with ensuring compliance of forum rules while allowing the activity to continue. The Dak threads appear to be good for CZ business while taxing the patience and time to monitor for the Mods.

One observation is I’ve noticed the Dak type threads are rarely used in the new Cowboys Fan Zone to attract new members. That speaks volumes on the quality of content.

In the end it’s ultimately up to our own members to control themselves. As the mods have always maintained we hold the power to control what threads stay on the front page by ignoring . That is ultimately the best means of limiting the impact of these less desirable members attempting to dominate the airwaves with their personal agendas and narratives.

kskboys

Reaction score
I really like how well this forum is operated. The hands on owner and administrator does a wonderful job. It’s tougher to join this site and can’t obtain immediate access like old site did which had many more trolls especially after a game .

And the CZ have continued to add more moderators. Some of which represent all of the refugees from our old Cowboys forum which in comparison wasn’t run as well.

I also applaud the new site the Zone has recently opened which highlights the better written post provided by selected members to attract more members.

Which leads to the main objective in a social media platform and forum as such. Activity and traffic which generates advertisers and revenue.

And no threads generally draw more traffic and responses than Dak threads. The activity is vital to the success of the forum although it probably pushes more interesting threads off the front page.

More fans would like to discuss our QB if not for the extremes on both sides as most fans are more in the middle. These extremes drive the activity which discourages most from participating.

It’s a tough balance to maintain with ensuring compliance of forum rules while allowing the activity to continue. The Dak threads appear to be good for CZ business while taxing the patience and time to monitor for the Mods.

One observation is I’ve noticed the Dak type threads are rarely used in the new Cowboys Fan Zone to attract new members. That speaks volumes on the quality of content.

In the end it’s ultimately up to our own members to control themselves. As the mods have always maintained we hold the power to control what threads stay on the front page by ignoring . That is ultimately the best means of limiting the impact of these less desirable members attempting to dominate the airwaves with their personal agendas and narratives.
Boyhowdy, you're not kidding. Monstrous difference here, where the site is individually owned. The powers on our old site tied our hands behind our backs. We were extremely limited as to what we could do to control the insults and such. That's why, at times, the actions we took could appear to be strange. And then add to that the extreme traffic. Whew, that was not a fun job.

No one is going to agree w/ everything concerning how a site is run, but this place is awesome and there is nothing I would change. Maybe a little tweaking, sure, but that's true for all sites. Reality and his bunch are great people.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
While I appreciate “forever fans” … the blind homerism and almost militant pro-team stance just rubs me the wrong way. I actually would say my opinion on the team and players have become more critical because of this.
100% in the same boat as you. I like to think I'm a reasonable and logical fan who enjoys a healthy debate, but dealing with all closed-minded white knights who come to "rescue" certain players or the organization in general gets so exhausting

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You wouldn’t believe how many posts get deleted daily by mods because of inappropriate content. There have been over 40 deletions in this thread alone. Most of the time members never see them. We know we don’t catch all of them. And truth is we try to let people speak their mind as long as it doesn’t contain name calling, insults, call outs of specific people, etc.

Wow. 40 just in this thread?! I had no idea those posts were so prevalent.

I respect you guys for investing so much time here.

And I'm sorry for making you guys' jobs harder because I've definitely submitted some delete-worthy posts! :laugh:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If would be great if some threads could have more restrictions.
- i.e. If the title starts with Analysis, then mods delete all posts that are not in the spirit of actually analyzing what happened.

In general, why not delete stupid posts? You don't have to ban people for trolling type posts. Just delete them.

"Can't you just delete things I don't like?"

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Let @Bobhaze decide what he likes or doesn't like.

He cannot base it on what I like or don't like because all posts by some people would get deleted...
Idea for a CZ poll: posters we would like to cancel.

Ok, ok, I jest - sort of

GINeric

Reaction score
There should be a temporary suspension for people who have claimed to be Cowboys fans, but visibly cheer against their own players, then post angry responses to the production of our own players after a victory.

Another thing.... we should enforce posters to be knowledgeable enough to back up their accusations of players and coaches with actual facts, stats, video, etc.

If a poster keeps speaking negative accusations or throwing troll-like comments about players or coaches.... they should have to back up their negative comments/accusations with proof of why they continue to say these negative things about players or coaches.

Prime example.... if a poster constantly says " BLANK is the worst player in the league at his position BLANK sucks and is a below average player, a bum, or a bust." Well after we keep hearing the same whining, lets hold these people accountable. Make them back up their accusations with numbers/stats, videos or something. If they can't back it up or what they're saying doesn't line up with what we see or what the player's recorded production shows..... then that poster is clearly trolling and should be benched for a few days.

Another example..... if a poster says "BLANK is a bum, he's not even top 20 at his position, he's not starter material, he's the worst in the league at his position".

Then another poster comes along with recorded proof by the book that said player is in the top 5 or top 10 at his position, have actual video proof that the player does the things that the original negative poster says the player isn't doing or isn't capable of doing..... then they are obviously trolling and should be benched.

They should have to explain why the things they are saying don't line up with actual stats, production and video. That means they are poisoning the board with lies and negative accusations that just aren't true just to create a stir.

If you want to see this board get cleaned up, hold people accountable for false accusations and comments with proof to back up what they're saying. If trolls start getting benched for constantly lying, they would learn not to bring that garbage to the board and the posts around here would be much better.

Hadenough

Reaction score
There should be a temporary suspension for people who have claimed to be Cowboys fans, but visibly cheer against their own players, then post angry responses to the production of our own players after a victory.

Another thing.... we should enforce posters to be knowledgeable enough to back up their accusations of players and coaches with actual facts, stats, video, etc.

If a poster keeps speaking negative accusations or throwing troll-like comments about players or coaches.... they should have to back up their negative comments/accusations with proof of why they continue to say these negative things about players or coaches.

Prime example.... if a poster constantly says " BLANK is the worst player in the league at his position BLANK sucks and is a below average player, a bum, or a bust." Well after we keep hearing the same whining, lets hold these people accountable. Make them back up their accusations with numbers/stats, videos or something. If they can't back it up or what they're saying doesn't line up with what we see or what the player's recorded production shows..... then that poster is clearly trolling and should be benched for a few days.

Another example..... if a poster says "BLANK is a bum, he's not even top 20 at his position, he's not starter material, he's the worst in the league at his position".

Then another poster comes along with recorded proof by the book that said player is in the top 5 or top 10 at his position, have actual video proof that the player does the things that the original negative poster says the player isn't doing or isn't capable of doing..... then they are obviously trolling and should be benched.

They should have to explain why the things they are saying don't line up with actual stats, production and video. That means they are poisoning the board with lies and negative accusations that just aren't true just to create a stir.

If you want to see this board get cleaned up, hold people accountable for false accusations and comments with proof to back up what they're saying. If trolls start getting benched for constantly lying, they would learn not to bring that garbage to the board and the posts around here would be much better.
Won't work! Stats don't tell the whole story. Especially if your using surface stats and not in depth stats like RedZone percentage passing for a passing TD that travels to the end zone and is caught. Not a screen pass that is run in from the 5. Too many variables to live on stats. That's why the eyes don't lie

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm not sure anyone said they wanted the board cleaned up as much as they just want the name calling and insults to stop....plus it would be nice if the "Dak War" could stay in Dak threads and not leak into every thread, thats a problem.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not sure anyone said they wanted the board cleaned up as much as they just want the name calling and insults to stop....plus it would be nice if the "Dak War" could stay in Dak threads and not leak into every thread, thats a problem.
Unfortunately, the <Insert Starting Quarterback Name> War has been raging on CowboysZone practically nonstop since 2004. Prescott has simply been the focus of the most recent era of nonsense. The tit-for-tat is like the Energizer Bunny. It cannot be beaten to death with a stick, baseball bat, sledgehammer, telephone pole...

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Tired of being called a troll for simply spitting facts about dak!! People who use that term should be suspended as it's baseless!!!

Well if your opinions are facts then so are the other sides...thats the point, you cant elevate your opinion and drown thiers.......Troll is no worse than Lover as neither are meant to be nice term when used in the "Dak War"

starfan1

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the <Insert Starting Quarterback Name> War has been raging on CowboysZone practically nonstop since 2004. Prescott has simply been the focus of the most recent era of nonsense. The tit-for-tat is like the Energizer Bunny. It cannot be beaten to death with a stick, baseball bat, sledgehammer, telephone pole...
Thank you! Post of the thread