CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
While I appreciate “forever fans” … the blind homerism and almost militant pro-team stance just rubs me the wrong way. I actually would say my opinion on the team and players have become more critical because of this.
Really? I went the other way. I wasn't an over the top fan of Zeke or Dak. But some begin to talk so badly about them, that I started defending them. I still joke around with @CowboyRoy about Zeke all the time.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I had a snappy come-back, but then you brought John Wick's dog into the conversation.

:lmao2:
When I watched the first John Wick just the other night, and I saw his dog get killed, then I understood the part 2 and 3 that I had already seen.
Nobody will ever mess with my dog, and if they do, I will go all Wicked on them to.

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
While I appreciate “forever fans” … the blind homerism and almost militant pro-team stance just rubs me the wrong way. I actually would say my opinion on the team and players have become more critical because of this.
This is so true, and works both ways. In todays world I truly think more people love/hate certain players because they actually hate their fans more than anything else. Almost like they can’t wait for a dak int, or LVE missed tackle so they can come on here and shove it someone else’s face.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m writing this to try and reduce some of the unnecessary vitriol and occasional trolling that pops up on our great forum from time to time that can be easily avoided and make this forum even better for everyone. Probably 90-95% of our members show respect at all times so just trying to increase the respect meter around here.

Let me say upfront, we encourage everyone’s opinions about the Cowboys. Having a variety of opinions is what makes this place interesting. What we don’t encourage is name calling, race-baiting, insults, and general immature, trolling behavior. We are Cowboys fans, not e-girls fans.

Here are some serious suggestions to avoid getting the bench:
  • Once you’ve made the same argument time and time again, and many people have disagreed with that same basic argument, there’s no need to just keep making it over and over and over. At some point, we can all agree to disagree and move on.
  • Very few people dug in an opinion are going to suddenly say, “Wow, that 13th time you made that same point, I saw the light.”
  • The constant criticism and nit-picking of your fellow fans is tiresome.
  • We’re not here to win arguments. We’re here to offer opinions.
  • Once you start calling people names or insulting them, you’ve already lost whatever points you wanted to make.
  • If you don’t like someone’s thread, instead of insulting them and the topic, just don’t post on it. The fastest way to kill a thread is to avoid it. They usually die a quick death that way.
Finally- Sometimes there’s a fine line between sharing an opinion repeatedly and trolling. If we all stopped trying to “own” or “school” someone rather than respect them, this place would be so much better than it already is.

I appreciate our forum and every single Cowboys fan who posts here. In the end, there’s so much more we have in common than the things we disagree on around here.

Let’s Go Cowboys!!!
If would be great if some threads could have more restrictions.
- i.e. If the title starts with Analysis, then mods delete all posts that are not in the spirit of actually analyzing what happened.

In general, why not delete stupid posts? You don't have to ban people for trolling type posts. Just delete them.

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
If would be great if some threads could have more restrictions.
- i.e. If the title starts with Analysis, then mods delete all posts that are not in the spirit of actually analyzing what happened.

In general, why not delete stupid posts? You don't have to ban people for trolling type posts. Just delete them.

^ This is too subjective. What makes a post "stupid"?

kskboys

Reaction score
Maybe we should just call everyone Troll/Homer

In today's world I would not want to use the wrong pronouns.

Maybe turn it into cool slang like "what's up my troll?" Or "Yo Homer let's dip!"

No?

Ok let's just start benching everyone then cause of feelings.
Doesn't saying "What's up my troll" violate the filthy and lude rule?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
anchorman-loud-noises.gif

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m writing this to try and reduce some of the unnecessary vitriol and occasional trolling that pops up on our great forum from time to time that can be easily avoided and make this forum even better for everyone. Probably 90-95% of our members show respect at all times so just trying to increase the respect meter around here.

Let me say upfront, we encourage everyone’s opinions about the Cowboys. Having a variety of opinions is what makes this place interesting. What we don’t encourage is name calling, race-baiting, insults, and general immature, trolling behavior. We are Cowboys fans, not e-girls fans.

Here are some serious suggestions to avoid getting the bench:
  • Once you’ve made the same argument time and time again, and many people have disagreed with that same basic argument, there’s no need to just keep making it over and over and over. At some point, we can all agree to disagree and move on.
  • Very few people dug in an opinion are going to suddenly say, “Wow, that 13th time you made that same point, I saw the light.”
  • The constant criticism and nit-picking of your fellow fans is tiresome.
  • We’re not here to win arguments. We’re here to offer opinions.
  • Once you start calling people names or insulting them, you’ve already lost whatever points you wanted to make.
  • If you don’t like someone’s thread, instead of insulting them and the topic, just don’t post on it. The fastest way to kill a thread is to avoid it. They usually die a quick death that way.
Finally- Sometimes there’s a fine line between sharing an opinion repeatedly and trolling. If we all stopped trying to “own” or “school” someone rather than respect them, this place would be so much better than it already is.

I appreciate our forum and every single Cowboys fan who posts here. In the end, there’s so much more we have in common than the things we disagree on around here.

Let’s Go Cowboys!!!
Bob....people are STILL carrying on. Is there a higher def con level....so people will take you seriously?

TWOK11

Reaction score
The biggest issue is you have two types of posters, those who post based on emotion, intuition and “eye test” and those who post based using objective, empiric data. And then we’re expected to treat these two types of posters and their opinions as equivalent when they are not.

kskboys

Reaction score
sometimes your right .I think we got lucky with Romo we also had a decent one in Matt Moore but were unable to keep him. But your right franchise QBs tend to come from thefirst few rounds. I have been on record that this year depending on how things go and how the cowboys lose that Jerry should mortgage a couple picks and go after a big time talent if its clear that the reason we failed was the QB position

The problem is the roster has always had soo many shortcomings its hard to pinpoint it being just the QB. even a first rounder will have growing pains and we are close. this is the best complete team weve had in recent memory and that include 07 through last year IMO. Looking at the FA crop I dont see a clear better than Dak option.

Im getting too old to see a total rebuild. Ive waited long enough. If Bryce young could come in as a rookie and play better than Dak if he fails then im all for mortgaging some picks ,however Ive gotten used to jerry screwing things up so hell kick the prescott can down the road even if he fails
Not unable. We kept an ancient Brad Johnson who could no longer throw the ball over Moore

kskboys

Reaction score
I thought the point of this thread was to encourage people not to call each other troll, haters, homers, slobberers, fluffers and other such derogatory terms…….and yet it continues.
Civility must be forced. Simply just encouraging it just doesn't work.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score

You'd probably be surprised to know how many posts we do just delete, but at some point the poster needs a time out.

We're not bots. We're people with more things to do than delete nonsense by posters who refuse to follow the CZ rules.

kskboys

Reaction score
The old forum was JV and the CZ is the NFL.
It was run like a dictatorship where censorship and selling the teams line were evident.
Depending on which mod was on duty the world turned pretty much.
I was banned simply for questioning the talent level of Dak on numerous occasions back in 2016/2017.
Kskboys was dictator # 1 as he likes to control everything around him esp when it came to Dak posts.
No major loss.....;)
Jerry paid me to do it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The biggest issue is you have two types of posters, those who post based on emotion, intuition and “eye test” and those who post based using objective, empiric data. And then we’re expected to treat these two types of posters and their opinions as equivalent when they are not.
Oh my...you think you and others ...are so superior as to only use "objective empirical data" and are NOT subject to usual human motives?

Well I propose right here is one of the main problems.,

If you guys that ONLY post "using objective, empirical data"....you'd be smart enough to not engage those poor decrepit souls that can only use emotion.....those you accuse as trolls.

But..alas....you and your pals use emotion too. And not as smart as you think you are.