CFZ Opinions vs Trolling- Some Serious Advice

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I'll say this, the mod's bear a lot of responsibility for the way this board has degenerated on the subject of Dak. You guys have basically let the name calling and personal attacks from both sides go on unchecked. If you want to see it improve, start handing out warnings, suspensions, and then all out ban if people can't adhere to the rules. I can't tell you how many times I have seen the personal attacks going back-and-forth. "Moron, clown, idiot." Nothing is said..and there will be mods with multiple posts throughout the thread, sometimes right under it. So what would even be the point of reporting it?

I'm not going to pretend to be a saint and say i never post something just to get under someone's skin, but you won't see me attacking people personally over their opinion of a player. I get that the job you guys have is thankless and ALL done on a volunteer basis, and we ALL appreciate that, but people will push things as far as YOU GUYS let them take it. Just food for thought.
Its allowed because probably 70 percent of the longest threads are Dak related.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'll be honest, I haven't read all the posts in this thread.

I am sure it was posted elsewhere but, in case it wasn't, here is the definition of "trolling" from the Urban Dictionary

"...is the deliberate act of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.. "

If you hang around here long enough, you'll find there are a lot of very sharp, articulate and, dare I say, witty personalities on this forum. The ones that really catch my attention are the true students of football (I always learn something from their game or player analysis), those with a healthy combination of wit and sarcasm, and the offbeat or unusual.

Never had a problem identifying and ignoring the trolls

BoysForLife

Reaction score
How about 2 Dak threads, one just for bashing and the other for serious discussion? Some of the Dak criticism is way out in left field.

To be fair, some of the blind Dak allegiance is pretty far off the reservation as well. Maybe there should be 3 Dak threads. One for bashing, one for proclaiming ones undying devotion to all things Prescott, and one for legit discussion.

I mean, the irrationality flows both ways on this one. No one side has the market cornered

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I haven't read all the posts in this thread.

I am sure it was posted elsewhere but, in case it wasn't, here is the definition of "trolling" from the Urban Dictionary

"...is the deliberate act of making random unsolicited and/or controversial comments on various internet forums with the intent to provoke an emotional knee jerk reaction from unsuspecting readers to engage in a fight or argument.. "

If you hang around here long enough, you'll find there are a lot of very sharp, articulate and, dare I say, witty personalities on this forum. The ones that really catch my attention are the true students of football (I always learn something from their game or player analysis), those with a healthy combination of wit and sarcasm, and the offbeat or unusual.

Never had a problem identifying and ignoring the trolls
Damn it man. I knew you were ignoring me and now I know why. All of you goody two shoes hate me. Yeah...I killed John Wick's dog...who cares? He deserved it.

Swagger

Reaction score
Posters blindly calling others a "troll" or "hater" for merely having a difference of opinion is pathetic but it goes on so best off just blowing your nose and carrying on as you were.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Its allowed because probably 70 percent of the longest threads are Dak related.

Nah, this could have been stopped years ago and especially when Dak's support was at it's peak and they were calling anyone critical of Dak disgusting things and making baseless accusations. Some of them weren't even actual fans, they had other motivations they were trying to push on here.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Nah, this could have been stopped years ago and especially when Dak's support was at it's peak and they were calling anyone critical of Dak disgusting things and making baseless accusations. Some of them weren't even actual fans, they had other motivations they were trying to push on here.
You just agreed with me.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
You just agreed with me.

I just don't agree it's because it creates engagement. I think it's allowed because, well, some in charge here have similar social leanings. An ongoing thread in the off-topic zone tells me all I need to know. It has no place on a football forum, yet strangely, it's here for propaganda to be pushed.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I have no issue with fans of other teams posting on here. Aerolithe Lion is an Eagles fan and is one of the most objective posters. I welcome his input. Someone claimed I was an Eagles fan because I criticised Prescott! Hilarious really.
No reason to defend, most that pay attention know the difference between the real posters here and the ones that you should ignore.
BTW, I have never put anyone on ignore, but Im sure Im on a few ignore lists.

ShortRound

Reaction score
While I appreciate “forever fans” … the blind homerism and almost militant pro-team stance just rubs me the wrong way. I actually would say my opinion on the team and players have become more critical because of this.

Swagger

Reaction score
It will get real interesting on here as the season progresses as this is a talented roster full of juice in a weak NFC. To win 4 games and only lose one to the undefeated Eagles with a practice squad QB tells you this is a good team whatever way people look at it.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
To be fair, some of the blind Dak allegiance is pretty far off the reservation as well. Maybe there should be 3 Dak threads. One for bashing, one for proclaiming ones undying devotion to all things Prescott, and one for legit discussion.

I mean, the irrationality flows both ways on this one. No one side has the market cornered

Anyone that is Dak fan on here calls him a top 10 QB which is exactly what he is. I have only read few times when the biggest of homers have ever called him elite and that was probably to piss someone off.

The Dak fans are right in line. The trolls off by a mile. Not even close.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
A little bit of advice on this.

Yes it can help and can stop arguments, if it gets to the point where one poster just keeps, basically harassing another. Use the ignore to stop seeing any further responses before it gets too far.
Or you are tired of seeing the same thing repeated, as the OP said, you can just not go in the thread, or if you are already posted, then it starts.

However, at some point remove them from ignore. As many things are said in the "heat of the moment" as it does not mean that poster is always like that.

Also if you have someone on ignore. You do not see any threads they start. Even if you do not agree with them much of the time, you can miss out on some valuable news. Such as player signings or injuries. Also can lead to duplicate threads.
Say it has been posted by a person you have on ignore, so you see the news and create a thread. Only to find out there is already 3 pages about it.

So yes it can be a good feature, but remove them after things have cooled off.

Yeah, especially on game day. A 24 hour moratorium on "ignore" is a good idea after a loss. Lol

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Dude, I still have messages in my inbox where multiple veteran posters telling me to stay away from posters here. I'll give you the name of a poster that used to spam accusations, you can go ahead and take a look at his profile photo as well. Royaice used to do it as well (not even sure he's still around) - people pulled up his posts from OTHER forums, and yeah, he wasn't here to be some big time Cowboys fan.
Sorry my friend, but I dont really care about the drama here, I just come here to talk about reality, what is relevant pertaining to this team, all personal feelings I could care less about .

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
It will get real interesting on here as the season progresses as this is a talented roster full of juice in a weak NFC. To win 4 games and only lose one to the undefeated Eagles with a practice squad QB tells you this is a good team whatever way people look at it.
Its a season that young players evolve, the old school thinking has been dismissed, rooks make a big difference this season.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Then why did you respond to me when I was talking to Swagger? You clearly do care. Now that I have receipts, you don't. Stay out of it then.

This was a problem since 2016 and Nav22 is another poster JUST A WEEK AGO was labeling everyone criticizing Dak what I am referencing here. They are still around. They get a week benching and a lame little daily sticky before the same member comes back with the same accusations.
I will try and avoid you then if you are so upset with me on a personal level and I dont apologize for jumping in and giving my opinion.
I wont put you on ignore though,,, :D