Optimistic?

cmoney23

Reaction score
I think I actually have a feeling of optimism for the first time in a long time.

We kept all the "key" components to our very powerful and dynamic offense. (I don't consider a RB a key to an offense anymore, especially with that line) and we where able to add a dominate pass rusher, retain our best defensive player from last season for cheap. AND we will be getting Sean Lee back.

I really think DeLaw will be a stud going forward... he has all the skill to do it, he just needs some seasoning. Hitch is an up and comer...

and we have all this done BEFORE the draft! Now we come into a draft that isn't extremely deep but we can let come to us and hopefully get some good value picks!

Am I wrong to feel so optimistic?

not to mention Romo is healthy for the first time in 2 seasons...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think I actually have a feeling of optimism for the first time in a long time.

We kept all the "key" components to our very powerful and dynamic offense. (I don't consider a RB a key to an offense anymore, especially with that line) and we where able to add a dominate pass rusher, retain our best defensive player from last season for cheap. AND we will be getting Sean Lee back.

I really think DeLaw will be a stud going forward... he has all the skill to do it, he just needs some seasoning. Hitch is an up and comer...

and we have all this done BEFORE the draft! Now we come into a draft that isn't extremely deep but we can let come to us and hopefully get some good value picks!

It's always more healthy to be optimistic than always being a debbie-downer like some around here. I'm with you bro...

Silver N Blue

Reaction score

Man I was just saying this the other day to a guy at work. Not since the run in the 90s have I been this excited about an upcoming season! With you 100% and when AP comes aboard! Oh boy! Can't wait!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have every right to be optimistic. That said, NFL seasons, even for good teams, tend to hinge on a handful of plays in a handful of tight games and on a handful of injuries (knock on @Wood). There's a long way to go between camp and the start of the season. A lot of good and a lot of bad can still happen yet.

Aven8

Reaction score

You lost me at the not needing a RB part. That's a ridiculous statement. DON'T act like Demarco was just a guy. Emmitt is one of my all time favorite Cowboys, and certainly the 90's Cowboys, and played behind some of the best Olines this league has EVER seen, but he never got over 1,800 yds.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score

No. You are correct, my friend. Considering how close we were last year, we might just take it to the house.

Now, of course, there a ton of moving parts to to fit together, injuries to deal with, bad breaks, bad calls, break-out performances from other teams, and dang-near-miracles that we need to get our share of.

But last year was not a fluke. In fact, the only thing that greatly exceeded expectations was the health of Murray.

It's really early, and we don't even have a complete roster yet, but I'd line up right now without the draft for any team and like our chances (that's a great feeling to have).

We'll add some blue-chip help and be ready to compete for the big enchilada come September.

Reaction score
We have every right to be optimistic. That said, NFL seasons, even for good teams, tend to hinge on a handful of plays in a handful of tight games and on a handful of injuries (knock on @Wood). There's a long way to go between camp and the start of the season. A lot of good and a lot of bad can still happen yet.

Guarded optimism. But the reality is that we play a first place schedule, play a very improved AFC East (with Suh, McCoy, Revis added to new teams, plus the Super Bowl champs), as well as Seattle and Green Bay. Not going to be easy.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score

Have to say on paper we are looking pretty promising. Long way to go yet and staying healthy is key.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You lost me at the not needing a RB part. That's a ridiculous statement. DON'T act like Demarco was just a guy. Emmitt is one of my all time favorite Cowboys, and certainly the 90's Cowboys, and played behind some of the best Olines this league has EVER seen, but he never got over 1,800 yds.

That is the biggest misconception this offseason. What is funny is some of the same people are clamoring for Adrian Peterson in the same breath.

Aven8

Reaction score
That is the biggest misconception this offseason. What is funny is some of the same people are clamoring for Adrian Peterson in the same breath.

It's what scares me the most going into this season actually. The plug and play crowd need to pay more attention to football. Remember that Hambrick fellow? Sherman Williams?

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
Very optimistic, on the fence about AP. I prefer a rookie (Gordon or Gurley) but wouldn't mind AP

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
My spidey sense is telling me an impending doom lurks in the near future. I worry about Romo getting hurt in a season ending way and not having a viable back up to hitch our wagon to. Other than that, yeah we should be fine. :thumbup:

visionary

Reaction score

I largely agree with you
We have done a lot of good things on FA
If we draft well then we have a great shot if romo stays healthy

DFWJC

Reaction score
So many variables, but on paper before injuries and other stuff, I'm very optimistic.
This looks like it could potentially be our best team since 2007, maybe better.
Of course, what the means in wins and losses is always a mystery.

I did think we need help at RB and in the secondary to some degree. Other areas too, of course, but those two stand out.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Now watch them waste a pick on a TE in the first 3 rounds.