Optimistic?

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Their QB ran for 849 yards, a huge amount of which came when the D was chasing WRs and he took off. Their RBs ran for a combined 1791, less than Murray did alone. Our RBs outrushed theirs by nearly 500 yards.

Would their run game be successful or as successful without lynch?

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
I'm always optimistic, there's no point in being a fan if I'm going to be a debbie-downer all the time.

If our team is healthy we're going to win the East.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Stop me if you half heard this before: As we appraoch the 2015 season, we half a GREAT offense and a so-so (without injuries) defense. The play of the defense will determine how far we advance.

9-7 worst-case senario but I think we will be 10-6 at the end of the season.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
2 guys huh? 3rd, 4th, 5th round huh?? Then why isn't everybody doing it hotshot? I know it's not the 90's anymore my point is, had you read my post, was Emmitt never eclipsed that mark for a season. It was never a comparison.

You don't have to apologize for the comparison. Murray did some things that Emmitt never did.

Murray broke the franchise record with 253 yards in his first start
Murray set the franchise record with over 1845 yards
Murray set the NFL for consecutive 100 yard games, which had been in effect for 56 years

When healthy, Murray has been every bit as good as Emmitt.
No one wants to credit Murray for his accomplishments, but they will instantly anoint the entire OL as one of the best ever.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Not w/o a legit bellcow.

We will agree to disagree. I don't think we need an 1800 yard rusher and I think between Williams/McF/Randle/draft pick, they will find enough production to keep us as one of the favorites.

TrailBlazer

Reaction score
I'm optimistic compared to years past. I believe they win 10 games minimum. But I see the window closing for our qb. The defense still isn't good talent wise imo. But yes I would say they are a top 5 team and will be a tough out in the playoffs.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
We will agree to disagree. I don't think we need an 1800 yard rusher and I think between Williams/McF/Randle/draft pick, they will find enough production to keep us as one of the favorites.

Time will tell

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Guarded optimism. But the reality is that we play a first place schedule, play a very improved AFC East (with Suh, McCoy, Revis added to new teams, plus the Super Bowl champs), as well as Seattle and Green Bay. Not going to be easy.

Don't know why we are scheduled to play Seattle and Green Bay. We should not be playing the AFC east. It should be the Seattle and their entire conference that should be playing the AFC East, not us.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

What if Murray can't be replaced? What then? Everyone here seems so high on Williams but he didn't beat out Randle last year and can't pass block. Lossing Murray just means there's a chance that production might disappear and Romo will end up having to sling it once again.

burmafrd

Reaction score
You don't have to apologize for the comparison. Murray did some things that Emmitt never did.

Murray broke the franchise record with 253 yards in his first start
Murray set the franchise record with over 1845 yards
Murray set the NFL for consecutive 100 yard games, which had been in effect for 56 years

When healthy, Murray has been every bit as good as Emmitt.
No one wants to credit Murray for his accomplishments, but they will instantly anoint the entire OL as one of the best ever.

No he has not been as good as Emmitt. Not at his best not even close.

Emmitt in the game against the Giants with a separated shoulder.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...-season-games-2-emmitt-smith-beats-the-giants

That alone far outshines anything Murray has ever done. I could go on but refuse to waste the time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I'm not ready to give up on Weeden after a poor performance against a hot Arizona defense. Dez struggled mightily getting separation and our OL was awful picking up blitzes and stunts.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
No he has not been as good as Emmitt. Not at his best not even close.

Emmitt in the game against the Giants with a separated shoulder.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2012...-season-games-2-emmitt-smith-beats-the-giants

That alone far outshines anything Murray has ever done. I could go on but refuse to waste the time.

It's a waste of time because you are wrong. Comparisons are just that, comparing one player to another. Emmitt had the better start, but most of that is because he was healthy and was the work horse from the beginning.

Murray had some injuries that held him back, but when used he has been every bit as productive.

Is Emmitt the better back, sure, but we have his whole career to look back on. It is foolish to say someone will surpass the All time leading rusher after 4 seasons.

But Murray has already accomplished things Emmitt never did. To cast them aside because he isn't better than a HoF is just as foolish.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
GIve Murray a fb like Moose Johnson. Wish we had a great fb like that guy. Haven't had one since.

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
My spidey sense is telling me an impending doom lurks in the near future. I worry about Romo getting hurt in a season ending way and not having a viable back up to hitch our wagon to. Other than that, yeah we should be fine. :thumbup:

Where's the "Hate" button?

burmafrd

Reaction score
It's a waste of time because you are wrong. Comparisons are just that, comparing one player to another. Emmitt had the better start, but most of that is because he was healthy and was the work horse from the beginning.

Murray had some injuries that held him back, but when used he has been every bit as productive.

Is Emmitt the better back, sure, but we have his whole career to look back on. It is foolish to say someone will surpass the All time leading rusher after 4 seasons.

But Murray has already accomplished things Emmitt never did. To cast them aside because he isn't better than a HoF is just as foolish.
those like you that only know stats are always a day late and a dollar short when it matters. You have no ability to judge or recognize the intangibles. which is what separates the great(Emmitt) from the wannabe (Murray)

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
You'd be a lot more optimistic with a DT that could hold down the interior. If there is anything in Dallas learned over the last uhmteenth seasons ... trench work wins games.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
those like you that only know stats are always a day late and a dollar short when it matters. You have no ability to judge or recognize the intangibles. which is what separates the great(Emmitt) from the wannabe (Murray)
I've watched every Emmitt game and every Murray game. You don't have the market cornered on Cowboys history.

If you can't even acknowledge the great things that Murray has accomplished for our team, that is on you.

You don't have to turn in your 90's fan card if you admit some of today's players are pretty good too.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'm not overly reluctant to admit I'm somewhat optimistic this year -- much like the OP has stated in this thread. Candidly, the most imposing thing that has me concerned points in the direction of our fairly limited secondary. If this team manages to find a way to retain Carr and has good luck acquiring a successful cornerback in the draft, there's every reason to believe we can conceivably compete well enough to go deep into the playoffs and beyond.