Optimistic?

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Absolute Super Bowl contenders - how do I know?

Vegas.

Always follow the money. Seattle, Green Bay, Dallas top three favorites in the NFC and nobody in the AFC scares me including New England.

superonyx

Reaction score
I think I actually have a feeling of optimism for the first time in a long time.

We kept all the "key" components to our very powerful and dynamic offense. (I don't consider a RB a key to an offense anymore, especially with that line) and we where able to add a dominate pass rusher, retain our best defensive player from last season for cheap. AND we will be getting Sean Lee back.

I really think DeLaw will be a stud going forward... he has all the skill to do it, he just needs some seasoning. Hitch is an up and comer...

and we have all this done BEFORE the draft! Now we come into a draft that isn't extremely deep but we can let come to us and hopefully get some good value picks!

Am I wrong to feel so optimistic?

not to mention Romo is healthy for the first time in 2 seasons...

I am all for optimism. I am very optimistic. But let's not say a running back who was the NFL offensive player of the year and an MVP candidate isn't a key component. No matter how good you believe the line to be you still have an offense that lost its workhorse player that helped transform us into a run first team. An offense that struck fear into even the ex nasty Seattle defense due to our physical style and physical punishing run game. Let's not forget or downplay what carried us all year and helped get us out of the 8-8 slump we were stuck in.

Not saying Demarco isn't replaceable. But let's realize that he was a key component that we need to replace. We have not replaced him yet.

burmafrd

Reaction score
You lost me at the not needing a RB part. That's a ridiculous statement. DON'T act like Demarco was just a guy. Emmitt is one of my all time favorite Cowboys, and certainly the 90's Cowboys, and played behind some of the best Olines this league has EVER seen, but he never got over 1,800 yds.

totally embecillic to compare Murray to Emmitt.

burmafrd

Reaction score
LOTS of IF's

IF Lee stays healthy
IF Hardy behaves himself
IF Lawrence really can become a 8-10 sack a season guy (pretty much his ceiling)

Our D should be solid and maybe more

ON OFFENSE
Tony's back
Dez's head
Free's mental condition (can he stay focused as he did most of this year and his good years)

IF we do not throw snake eyes on any of those then next year we should be knocking on the door of the SB.

LOBO7

Reaction score
After they beat the Seahawks last year at their house I knew we could beat any one.
Now we have a defense that has become an asset.
I think the media is pumped about the possibilities this team has for next year.
We can actually talk about being a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
Draft the best available back in the second round. Not just for what he will bring on the field but for how cheap young backs are. I think it was the plan for the position all the way back to last summer.
Super Bowl and Romo MVP , haters nightmare, it could happen.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think I actually have a feeling of optimism for the first time in a long time.
th

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
It may sound funny but this team has actually improved from last year, and that's before the Draft.

DeMarco < TheKraken

Last edited:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I think its logical to be optimistic. The Defense has improved, and I think dramatically. Hardy and Lee is like adding 2 pro bowl players to the Defense. The Offense has taken a slight step back to this point, but with who the Cowboys are bringing in for visits, a lead dog RB will be drafted early. That will off set the loss of Murray. I think it's a pretty good sign that on paper a 12-4 team has improved the talent level on the team before the draft has even taken place.

With all of that said, winning the SB often depends on some lucky breaks. Health is the biggest hurdle this team will face. If they can stay healthy, I feel very good about the team moving forward.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score

We kept all the "key" components to our very powerful and dynamic offense. (I don't consider a RB a key to an offense anymore, especially with that line) and we where able to add a dominate pass rusher, retain our best defensive player from last season for cheap. AND we will be getting Sean Lee back.

I really think DeLaw will be a stud going forward... he has all the skill to do it, he just needs some seasoning. Hitch is an up and comer...

and we have all this done BEFORE the draft! Now we come into a draft that isn't extremely deep but we can let come to us and hopefully get some good value picks!

Am I wrong to feel so optimistic?

not to mention Romo is healthy for the first time in 2 seasons...

I'm right there with you.

In the true essence of T.O. let me just say...

Thats my front office... sniff sniff

JDSmith

Reaction score
They actually LED the league in rushing. Gotta be some talent there no?

Their QB ran for 849 yards, a huge amount of which came when the D was chasing WRs and he took off. Their RBs ran for a combined 1791, less than Murray did alone. Our RBs outrushed theirs by nearly 500 yards.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't feel optimistic about 2015 until we have something other than the current riff raff at RB.

I may homer out after the draft though. Be prepared.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And just think 2 days into FA period, there seemed to be quite a few doom and gloom attitudes...but most of those seemed to have disappeared now.....:laugh:...

Patience is a virtue, and most of us held to the wait to see approach, had some faith in the FO, that started with last year or so. We are now seeing those results as to the team talent, and last year shown on the field.

So yes, optimistic is the off season tone....and as said, before the draft.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a glass half full person, so I'm always cautiously optimistic about the team.

I'm glad they shored up the LB depth. Even though they the team rented Hardy, the DL is still somewhat of a concern, even though they got a lot of bodies at that position.
I wish they could've kept Murray, but I'm not as concerned about RB. There's some talent there.