Optimistic?

DBOY3141

Reaction score
We have the roster to compete as a top 3 team in the NFC. Health as with all teams is key.

cmoney23

Reaction score
You lost me at the not needing a RB part. That's a ridiculous statement. DON'T act like Demarco was just a guy. Emmitt is one of my all time favorite Cowboys, and certainly the 90's Cowboys, and played behind some of the best Olines this league has EVER seen, but he never got over 1,800 yds.

First off, Demarco wasn't "just another guy" he was a very talented RB... but in today's NFL a RB is easily replaced. You can get another Demarco in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. Heck we have two guys on the roster that can take his production. LOL This ISN'T the 90s anymore.

cmoney23

Reaction score
That is the biggest misconception this offseason. What is funny is some of the same people are clamoring for Adrian Peterson in the same breath.

I'd take AP on my team for about 6 mill a year, but that isn't going to happen. So in other words, I don't want AP on this team. RB's are a dime a dozen. And with this line, they are more like a dime every two dozen!

cmoney23

Reaction score
th

:D

Nation

Reaction score
Really the thing that worries me the most is I think we could have a regression in good-health that we had offensively in 2014. In 2014 we had one missed game total out of Romo, Dez, Tyron, Martin, Frederick, and Witten. I expect our offense to be great as long as our best players are playing, but I don't know if that kind of health is reasonable to expect for 2015.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
It's Super Bowl or bust.

You could tell the way Tony and the team was talking they felt really good about going into Seattle.

If the season started today I'd predict 11-5 or 12-4 and another East crown. And we still have the draft to plug a few more holes and add some depth.

It's a great time to be a Cowboys fan.

Aven8

Reaction score
First off, Demarco wasn't "just another guy" he was a very talented RB... but in today's NFL a RB is easily replaced. You can get another Demarco in the 3rd, 4th or 5th round. Heck we have two guys on the roster that can take his production. LOL This ISN'T the 90s anymore.

2 guys huh? 3rd, 4th, 5th round huh?? Then why isn't everybody doing it hotshot? I know it's not the 90's anymore my point is, had you read my post, was Emmitt never eclipsed that mark for a season. It was never a comparison.

jhamilton8

Reaction score
I believe the same people that are freaking out about losing Murray are the same people who were so upset about losing Ware. Some people can't unbiasedly look at the situation and realize the value isn't there without getting their feelings hurt about one of their favorite players.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
2 guys huh? 3rd, 4th, 5th round huh?? Then why isn't everybody doing it hotshot? I know it's not the 90's anymore my point is, had you read my post, was Emmitt never eclipsed that mark for a season. It was never a comparison.

Wasn't Demarco taken in the 4th round?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Let's see the running game before I throw caution to the wind and become giddy like the usual ect.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
I won't feel optimistic about 2015 until we have something other than the current riff raff at RB.

I may homer out after the draft though. Be prepared.

Optimistic but....Dallas still has the arsenal to bomb a Draft. The Kraken was taken in the 4th.

kraken3.jpg

cmoney23

Reaction score

Yeah, run DMC and Ryan Williams- 1 and 2. Either of which, I think, could run for 1,300 plus yards on this team (if healthy)

Look at the best RB's in the league last year
1 DeMarco Murray, RB- 3rd round pick
2 Le'Veon Bell, RB- 2nd round pick
3 LeSean McCoy, RB- 2nd round
4 Marshawn Lynch, RB- 1st round
5 Justin Forsett, RB- 7th round
6 Arian Foster, RB- un-drafted
7 Eddie Lacy, RB- 2nd round
8 Jeremy Hill, RB- 2nd round
9 Frank Gore, RB- 2nd round
10 Lamar Miller, RB- 4th round pick
And it's only going down as far as draft spots!

JoeBoBBY

Reaction score
My spidey sense is telling me an impending doom lurks in the near future. I worry about Romo getting hurt in a season ending way and not having a viable back up to hitch our wagon to. Other than that, yeah we should be fine. :thumbup:

Weeden and DMF in the backfield..... thats like a nightmare scenario.. Even with what everybody is calling the best oline ever assembled, apparently.