Oregon To #3

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Just as predicted, Boises gonna get shafted. TCU for that matter as well. Wouldn't shock me at all if they pit Boise and TCU against each other again.

Whether or not you feel they deserve to get a shot or not, I hope we can all agree now that the system is a joke.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3598482 said:
Just as predicted, Boises gonna get shafted. TCU for that matter as well. Wouldn't shock me at all if they pit Boise and TCU against each other again.

Whether or not you feel they deserve to get a shot or not, I hope we can all agree now that the system is a joke.

I'm sure Oregon would have felt shafted if they did not move up in the polls after beating a top 10 ranked team.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Doomsday101;3598487 said:
I'm sure Oregon would have felt shafted if they did not move up in the polls after beating a top 10 ranked team.

You're right. Better to screw the small school in such a case.

Even though the small school has beaten a top 10 as well and beat the team that jumped them last season.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
I dont believe they should get a shot anyways, for the obvious reasons.

Oregon made a fool of Stanford in the 2nd half.

What I don't understand is how Boise and Ohio St pulled 2 first place votes away from Bama...

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
Hoofbite;3598497 said:

Even though the small school has beaten a top 10 as well and beat the team that jumped them last season.

What does it matter if Boise beat Oregon last season? Don't think the 2009 season has any effect on the 2010 rankings.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3598497 said:

I'm not saying they got screwed I'm saying Boise was off this week and Oregan went out and beat the #9 ranked team in the nation. I'm one who thinks we do need a playoff system but to say Boise got screwed? how? and why would Oregon not feel screwed if they did not move up in the rankings considering they beat a top contending team.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
Is this supposed to be a surprise? I knew this would happen, I even posted about it last week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I will say for those pulling for Boise you better hope Nevada continues to win and move up in the polls. If they do that it will give Boise the chance to play 1 more ranked team before the bowl season starts.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Doomsday101;3598510 said:
I'm not saying they got screwed I'm saying Boise was off this week and Oregan went out and beat the #9 ranked team in the nation. I'm one who thinks we do need a playoff system but to say Boise got screwed? how? and why would Oregon not feel screwed if they did not move up in the rankings considering they beat a top contending team.
Boise shut out new Mexico last week 59-0. Not that New Mexico is good by any stretch, but still a 59 point shut-out and you drop a spot?

Hoofbite

Reaction score
ajk23az;3598508 said:
What does it matter if Boise beat Oregon last season? Don't think the 2009 season has any effect on the 2010 rankings.

So how do they come up with rankings week 1?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
peplaw06;3598593 said:
Boise shut out new Mexico last week 59-0. Not that New Mexico is good by any stretch, but still a 59 point shut-out and you drop a spot?

And Oregon beat the #9 team in the nation they don't move up a spot? Boise is not the 1st team that has happened to. Beating ranked teams gives you a added boost in the polls. Look no one is ever going to be happy with the system I understand that. As I mentioned should Nevada remain a ranked team as they are now when Boise faces them it will be a big boost to Boise in the ranking as it should. I say this not as a Boise fan or Oregon fan but as a non partisan

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3598596 said:
So how do they come up with rankings week 1?

Some is based on what you did last year but also how many returning players a team is getting back. Texas finished the season ranked 3rd but did not start this season ranked 3rd. At the start of 2009 season Boise was not ranked in the top 10 but they started this year out ranked in the top 10 based on how they did and the kids returning.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Shafted for what? For playing garbage teams through the majority of their schedule?

Give me a freaking break.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
casmith07;3598653 said:
Shafted for what? For playing garbage teams through the majority of their schedule?

Give me a freaking break.

They've played more ranked teams than Oregon has.

Likely will finish the season that way as well.

But let me guess, VT doesn't count for Boise and Tennessee is so much better than a ranked Oregon St.

In short, you're saying Boise should be ranked less because their upcoming schedule isnt too tough? Not on what they have done as of now but what is likely to happen in the future?

Good, sound reasoning.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Hoofbite;3598672 said:
They've played more ranked teams than Oregon has.

Likely will finish the season that was as well.

But let me guess, VT doesn't count for Boise and Tennessee is so much better than a ranked Oregon St.

VT was a big game for Boise as was the win over Oregon St which Oregon will also have to play along with a strong USC team and a top ranked Arizona team. Boise being ranked #4 right now still puts them in the hunt for the BCS title game. Right now Oregon is 5-0 and has 1,379 votes to Boise 4-0 and 1,341 votes. No one is getting screwed right now.

Cythim

Benched
Reaction score
This is what the current computer average looks like. Keep in mind one is missing (won't be posted until Oct. 17) and it doesn't utilize the BCS standard of taking away the highest and lowest ranking.

1.Oklahoma
2.Alabama
3.LSU
4.Boise St
5.Arizona
6.TCU
7.Oregon
8.Florida
9.Auburn
10.Kansas St
11.OhioSt
12.OklahomaSt
13.Michigan
14.Missouri
15.Nevada
16.Iowa
17.Nebraska
18.Michigan St
19.Utah
20.Stanford
21.Northwestern
22.Miami
23.Florida St
24.Air Force
25.Texas

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
:laugh2: :laugh2: Haha Boise State.

Please tell me the one legit top 10 team they played and beat this year? Anyone?

That is why Oregon is #3.

Boise needs to do a wee bit better w/ scheduling.

New Mexico State < Stanford by FARRRRR.

I don't understand why thats so hard for people to recognize.

Stanford would kill Boise and Oregon just handed them their ARSE.

That Oregon offense is REDONKULOUS. The duck QB is a freak.

Boise doesn't deserve anything for that putrid SOS they put together. VT is NOTHING this year.

Don't be surprised to see them drop again next week.